Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How close are you to the political centre ?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
those who may be right wing not having any privilege, or have used education and intelligence to create their own opportunities.

Being born in this country is a privilege for a start off.
Having education and intelligence is a matter of genetics (which is luck) and some work.
I would also say that having health is also a matter of luck.
There's a great many things which you have to be lucky with, not alone timing and opportunity (right time, right place), and then some work.

If it was just down to work, we would see much more social mobility, which there simply isn't. The data suggests that 'luck' is the defining factor.

Now i'm not saying that there's no work involved, but in some arbitrary percentage terms (which i've plucked out of thin air), say 20% is down to work.

I find that quite often people use the term 'hard work' for higher wages, personally i'd find stacking shelves harder work than managing a business. I also know which i'd find more rewarding both personally and financially.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
and i believe your view is terribly condescending, and ignorant of all those who may be right wing not having any privilege, or have used education and intelligence to create their own opportunities.

Spoken like someone who is privileged/lucky and doesn't realise it.

Now it's quite probable i'm wrong, i don't know you. But it is the sort of thing that someone who doesn't realise how incredibly lucky they are would say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here