Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How close are you to the political centre ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
18 out of 25.
This isn't a rehearsal and you get out what you put in. Too many lazy fvcks expecting something for nothing in this life.

True, something must be done about those politicians, corporations and CEO's

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Your answers place you on the left of the political centre in comparison with the overall population in 2014.
You scored 9 out of 25

A score of 5 is the furthest left and 25 is the furthest right. Your answers would place you a long way from the political centre in any year but you would have been closest to the centre of political opinion in 1995 and 1996.

Pretty narrow range of questions. The political compass one is far better.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I would love to hear how right-wing minded people can justify their views.

You have made no secret of your contempt of foreign people, but when it comes to economic fairness - what is it about equality that you oppose? Even if it is for selfish reasons - don't you agree that the better off the rest of society is, the better off you and those you care about are too?
I think you need to accept that some people believe that your rewards in life are, and should directly correlate with your personal efforts and achievements,....... there is always room for a safety net for those in dire need of course, but that safety net should not be available as a lifestyle choice.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
...but the vast majority of the poor aren't lazy ****s, they're just unfortunate.

Your children, or your childrens' children might be unfortunate and poor one day too.

If we cared about strangers as much as we do our loved ones, the world would be an infinitely better place.
Nope, the strangers will take what you give them, all of it, then when you can give no more, will quickly turn elsewhere for the next free handout.

'Unfortunates' cover a vast raft of sections of society, some deserve support yes, but many just wallow in self pity with their hands permanently outstretched in expectation and sense of entitlement.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think you need to accept that some people believe that your rewards in life are, and should directly correlate with your personal efforts and achievements,....... there is always room for a safety net for those in dire need of course, but that safety net should not be available as a lifestyle choice.

If there are not enough jobs that give people rewards in life and allow people to give personal effort and enjoy achievements then why does it matter if those who are not working do it out of choice or out of lack of employability.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Another 9 here. Not much depth in those questions, but makes it nice and quick, I suppose. Very interesting how quickly the central viewpoint changes - and that it changes so much, ie that people don't form an entrenched position, but change their opinions as the situation and society changes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think you need to accept that some people believe that your rewards in life are, and should directly correlate with your personal efforts and achievements,....... there is always room to avoid some of your social responsibilities of course, but tax evasion should not be available as a lifestyle choice.

Couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nope, the strangers will take what they can, all of it, then when you can give no more, will quickly find a new way for the next free handout.

'Fortunates' cover a vast raft of sections of society, some deserve what they get, but many just wallow in self pity with their hands permanently outstretched in expectation and sense of entitlement.

I have to say, you are on the ball this morning

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oops, too late

Now you've scared me. I'm really worried about touching my keyboard again :lolol::lolol::lolol:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If there are not enough jobs that give people rewards in life and allow people to give personal effort and enjoy achievements then why does it matter if those who are not working do it out of choice or out of lack of employability.
Its the 'out of choice' bit that sticks in many peoples craw.......

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Could you answer me this fishy.There is a thinking that borders should be open,all peoples have a right to cross them and when amongst that country they can reap the benefits of employment or if necessary their social care.This is the EU way.Now i dont agree with this,you do however.
Now lets take Italy,they are being absolutely swamped with refugees from every part of Africa.Lets forget for a moment Italy are handing out asylum status like confetti granting the refugees extra options for moving about Europe.At which point do the Italian authorities hold up there hands and say we are ****ed we cant support anymore.....is it 100,000.....is it a 1,000,000.......is it 5,000,000.....is it 10,000,000........is it 30,000,000.This is the problem,at some point the figure will reach saturation point.......yet the EU model does not permit anyone to put a level or quota on free movement.And yes i am fully aware i am quoting figures coming out of Africa and not free movement of EU citizens within the EU.......the premise remains.......there is no structure to say OK we are full at the moment can you come back later.........and that is a major flaw.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test/

This is one of the better ones, if you come out left of centre, I'll eat my hat!

You're right - that is a good one. I came out almost on top of the Green Party position. It's interesting that there is no right wing libertarian party in this country. It's an odd feeling answering some of those questions - you laugh at some of the statements, wondering how on earth anyone would agree with them, knowing that there are people diametrically-opposed to you who are probably laughing and thinking why would anyone NOT agree with it. All comes down to values, I suppose.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I would love to hear how right-wing minded people can justify their views.

You have made no secret of your contempt of foreign people

Ha ha! I actually want to emigrate to another country and will do all that I can to assimilate when I get there, perhaps others should do the same?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Could you answer me this fishy.There is a thinking that borders should be open,all peoples have a right to cross them and when amongst that country they can reap the benefits of employment or if necessary their social care.This is the EU way.Now i dont agree with this,you do however.
Now lets take Italy,they are being absolutely swamped with refugees from every part of Africa.Lets forget for a moment Italy are handing out asylum status like confetti granting the refugees extra options for moving about Europe.At which point do the Italian authorities hold up there hands and say we are ****ed we cant support anymore.....is it 100,000.....is it a 1,000,000.......is it 5,000,000.....is it 10,000,000........is it 30,000,000.This is the problem,at some point the figure will reach saturation point.......yet the EU model does not permit anyone to put a level or quota on free movement.And yes i am fully aware i am quoting figures coming out of Africa and not free movement of EU citizens within the EU.......the premise remains.......there is no structure to say OK we are full at the moment can you come back later.........and that is a major flaw.

you seem to be making points about refugees, EU migration and non EU migration all at the same time. I am a bit confused about which one to answer.

The refugee crisis is already at saturation points in many countries around the world. Look at the numbers that some countries are dealing with. If I remember rightly only Germany in Europe counts highly for numbers of refugees taken.

https://d28wbuch0jlv7v.cloudfront.n...he_Highest_Number_of_Refugees_Worldwide_n.jpg

The refugee problem is a massive global issue and needs massive global cooperation to sort out. For me it isn't a case of "how many can we take" more of how do divide them up more equally. Or better still what can we do to make their own countries safe for them to stay in or return to.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You're right - that is a good one. I came out almost on top of the Green Party position. It's interesting that there is no right wing libertarian party in this country. It's an odd feeling answering some of those questions - you laugh at some of the statements, wondering how on earth anyone would agree with them, knowing that there are people diametrically-opposed to you who are probably laughing and thinking why would anyone NOT agree with it. All comes down to values, I suppose.
My result on that one had me slap bang in the middle more or less, 0.13 -0.41.... as I always suspected.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Its the 'out of choice' bit that sticks in many peoples craw.......

But there are simply not enough rewarding jobs to go around. So it is surely moot if some goes on the dole 'out of choice' or not.

Maybe as a society we should be working out ways to encourage and offer pathways so everybody can contribute. If there are so many people in our culture who decide that the best they can do if live of benefits then I am going to suggest that somewhere down the way our society has somewhat failed.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't think anyone in their right mind - left or right - would disagree with that.

But the dilemma isn't just about protecting the most vulnerable in society - it's about ensuring the wellbeing of all of us, including the middle classes.

We can spend our lives working extremely hard with very little to show for it, if we're unlucky - and for low wage workers this is more or less guaranteed. The right-wing attitude seems to be "hard luck, old chum" or "I'm alright Jack, pull the ladder up" and I don't think this is a useful attitude when there is enough wealth, technology and resources for every person to live a comfortable life - while at the same time rewarding the most talented and hard working people. The problem is that the wealth is currently skewed, the richest people in society usually don't work the hardest - and this is something that left wing politics looks to address, things should be fairer - "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need"

I think the revolution that you want so desperately to occur could quite possibly be the dullest non event in history especially now i learn you now want the middle classes to be a part of it.

What contribution are you expecting.........give up washing the Mondeo for a week,?shop at the Co Op instead of sainsbury? perhaps buy organic mustard instead of Colemans.

When the revolution starts take a selfie and put it on my facebook page as a reminder........i wouldnt want to miss it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here