Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can anybody get away with this

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Park your legally bought and taxed car for 5 mins on a road you paid tax to drive on and within minutes you will be charged £35 for doing so.

Rip down fences bulldoze posts and mounds to illegally camp on a public or private space for days ruining the grass and leave crap and rubble from your untaxed work and the council can't do anything ....

Britain 2016

You are spot on,these travellers arrive every year and their spots to invade are well known so why are officials not prepared in advance, once they occupy an area they are given two weeks to move on, yet ten minutes over your parking limit you are hammered.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Park your legally bought and taxed car for 5 mins on a road you paid tax to drive on and within minutes you will be charged £35 for doing so.

Rip down fences bulldoze posts and mounds to illegally camp on a public or private space for days ruining the grass and leave crap and rubble from your untaxed work and the council can't do anything ....

Britain 2016

Sounds like you are a law abiding citizen...Rules,fines etc are only for the likes of law abing citizens....Any minority group can stick two fingers up to the Law claiming discrimination.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I've never understood why these people aren't simply arrested or their vehicles impounded.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But I'm not talking about money and tax. It seems nearly everyone is against the lawlessness that some groups of travelers exhibit, so why doesn't a political party see it as a way of winning votes? I'm not talking about the concept of travelers moving around and camping, but things like stealing electricity when they do so etc.

Here in north Kent every green space has stone lumps regularly spaced to keep people from driving in. Simple.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Yes but who did it ? Dozens on site, no-one will have seen anything (obviously).....etc

Step 1.

Do basic police work, arrest perpetrators.

Step 2.

Charge them with crimes.

Step 3.

Convict them and send them to prison, ideally covering the summer months. Remove illegal vehicles from road.

Step 4.

Deport back to Ireland where possible and bar them from future entry.

Step 5.

Apologise profusely to residents for years of inaction.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
health and safety. and risk assessment.
I'm not sure I buy that. It just seems that there isn't the political will, but I'm sure the public want something done about it, so I don't understand why the politicians don't feel it's worth their while.

Here in north Kent every green space has stone lumps regularly spaced to keep people from driving in. Simple.
Don't they just get a bigger digger to move them?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes but who did it ? Dozens on site, no-one will have seen anything (obviously).....etc
Didn't see that their caravan was wired up to public electricity?

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Simple, arrest them for trespass, fine them for damage, charge them for removal of the waste and imprison them for not paying taxes .
Sadly nobody has the cojones to say a thing because pikey gypos are verboten in terms of the sad pc world in which we live.
The term snowdrops can be applied to the new lilly livered generation that will succeed us oldies. They cry at the most pathetic incident like somebody swatting a fly with a rolled up magazine. ''Oh how would you like it if a giant smashed a giant sheet of corrugated iron into you'' ?
Oh get a life you pathetic veggie humus munching gluten free nomarks and just man up.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Simple, arrest them for trespass, fine them for damage, charge them for removal of the waste and imprison them for not paying taxes .
Sadly nobody has the cojones to say a thing because pikey gypos are verboten in terms of the sad pc world in which we live.
The term snowdrops can be applied to the new lilly livered generation that will succeed us oldies. They cry at the most pathetic incident like somebody swatting a fly with a rolled up magazine. ''Oh how would you like it if a giant smashed a giant sheet of corrugated iron into you'' ?
Oh get a life you pathetic veggie humus munching gluten free nomarks and just man up.
Amen. And instead we have police liaison officers to crawl up their arse rather than ensure they pay lip service to the laws of the land that the regular tax paying mugs are expected to

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Tresspass is a civil offence (apart from stuff like poaching) and is therefore the responsibility of the land owner to prosecute. Criminal damage?? against who? They just shut up shop and close ranks.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Because the council and the police bend over backwards not to upset the travellers and prefere to appease the travellers than take action ? This is The PC world we live in

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
How about remove their vehicles and put their children into care (I doubt if they're getting an education, which is an offence in itself)? After Brexit we may be able to stop a lot of them coming here in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here