Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bent is boxing

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Can't wait for the Floyd fight, just hope Canelo makes the weight and I may just take a look at the odds for the draw

i think a draw for most fights is around 33/1, i think canelo is the type of fighter that could give floyd trouble, like castilo and odh did, but i still think floyd is too much for him at this stage in canelo's career. never know though!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
i think a draw for most fights is around 33/1, i think canelo is the type of fighter that could give floyd trouble, like castilo and odh did, but i still think floyd is too much for him at this stage in canelo's career. never know though!

Floyd can't go on forever and one day if he carries on he will fall apart and Saturday could be the night, 25/1 seems to be the odds for the draw so the bookies may be a bit wary ?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Floyd can't go on forever and one day if he carries on he will fall apart and Saturday could be the night, 25/1 seems to be the odds for the draw so the bookies may be a bit wary ?

He still lives clean and trains like a man possessed though, but your right hes not getting any younger, but also you can see Floyds even changed the way he fights because hes getting older, which I think has made him better to watch, he doesnt run around or he cant run and use his reflexes as much, he leans on the ropes and trades more, its great to watch haha

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Mo then again this is why we love the sport, despite the likes of King, Hearn, Warren, Duff etc, Ive met both Sir Henry and Joe Bugner, one was a gent the other a complete ****, but I've also watched the complete fight from the 1970's twice over and IMHO unfortunately Harry Gibbs was right, the **** deserved his victory, and I think you'll find some of the pundits agreed with the decision, The Sun's legendary Colin Hart being one of them.

Only watched it back once myself and I have to admit that I wanted Henry to win. Perhaps we were all influenced by sentimentality. Personally, I made Cooper the winner but we are all entitled to different opinions. I may, now try and watch it again, impartially, after many years and see what I make of it.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
He still lives clean and trains like a man possessed though, but your right hes not getting any younger, but also you can see Floyds even changed the way he fights because hes getting older, which I think has made him better to watch, he doesnt run around or he cant run and use his reflexes as much, he leans on the ropes and trades more, its great to watch haha

I hated seeing Sugar Ray Leonard when he went on to long but having read his autobiography it is easier to understand now, just finished Bomber Grahams book and that is a good read too

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I hated seeing Sugar Ray Leonard when he went on to long but having read his autobiography it is easier to understand now, just finished Bomber Grahams book and that is a good read too

Yeah I read SRL's latest autobiography that a good read, I read Herrol Grahams to that was quite sad though wasnt it, with him battling depression and being touched up as kid and stuff.

I was reading Tapia's book the other month but I had to stop, I had just read Herrol Graham's and it was just too much depressing stuff for Me read one after the other haha The bloke really had it f*cking tough man, its crazy what he went through, and ultimately a sad end to! I will pick it back up though, but Im finish La Motta's book first which is abit mental, he talks about killing a bookie (well he thought he killed him for 10years) with a pipe in the first few pages! I need to pick that back up I havnt read it for while I been too busy.

Have you read these, they where a great read espeically the Jack Johnson one.

four-kings.jpg

51qhHSA5BXL.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

See Eubak Jnr is fighting this weekend.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yeah I read SRL's latest autobiography that a good read, I read Herrol Grahams to that was quite sad though wasnt it, with him battling depression and being touched up as kid and stuff.

I was reading Tapia's book the other month but I had to stop, I had just read Herrol Graham's and it was just too much depressing stuff for Me read one after the other haha The bloke really had it f*cking tough man, its crazy what he went through, and ultimately a sad end to! I will pick it back up though, but Im finish La Motta's book first which is abit mental, he talks about killing a bookie (well he thought he killed him for 10years) with a pipe in the first few pages! I need to pick that back up I havnt read it for while I been too busy.

Have you read these, they where a great read espeically the Jack Johnson one.

View attachment 46870

View attachment 46871

Four Kings & Unforgivable Blackness are the best two boxing books I've read. Would definitely recommend both in particular the Jack Johnson autobiography one of the finest books I've ever read.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Just found out that Dean Powell committed suicide and it was him that jumped in front of the train at East Croydon yesterday morning

shiiiiiiiiiiiit cant believe he done that!!!!!!!!! i knew he died, saw arnie put up a 'rip dean powell' thing on his instagram, but i thought would of been a heart attack or something. hes a real boxing legend, wonder what made he do that, im in shock!!!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Four Kings & Unforgivable Blackness are the best two boxing books I've read. Would definitely recommend both in particular the Jack Johnson autobiography one of the finest books I've ever read.

for sure mate the jack johnson one was a real eye opener, i just read and read and read that book non stop. theres documentary of the same name to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here