How bad is Greer's injury?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's not played much. I was mildly surprised when the Argus suggested Phil Orange was keen to keep him for the season, or permanently.

'Phil Orange ' :lolol::thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Never denied it just aggrieved at the manner it was done. My sons best man is in Rapid Response at The Met and said even their fellow officers despise the traffic motor cyclists. I must add that is a generalisation and one mans opinion so not gospel.

What is it you drive again? :whistle:

How fast were you going anyway? I'm intrigued.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So u prefer to be speeding when u can see the officer

I think they should be in full view not hiding behind something. This then comes back to the old arguemnt is the police job to catch offenders or prevent the crime by being seen peeople would slow down so no crime would be committed.but no revenue generated for whoever it goes to.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think they should be in full view not hiding behind something. This then comes back to the old arguemnt is the police job to catch offenders or prevent the crime by being seen peeople would slow down so no crime would be committed.but no revenue generated for whoever it goes to.

Stupid argument. If they were in full view all the time, then people like you who think they can pick & choose which elements of the legal system apply to them would simply put their foot down the second they couldn't see a bright yellow jacket. If you don't know where they're going to be, then it should make you think perhaps you should slow down a bit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Seriously, so people would slow down if they see an officer but if none are visible they should be free to break the speed limit without fear of being caught?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seriously, so people would slow down if they see an officer but if none are visible they should be free to break the speed limit without fear of being caught?

As I said is their job to catch the offeneders or stop them speeding?

How has this moved on from the seriousness of GG injury.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Beside/Benhind a van parked on the car park of the Woolpack. and his bike was in Howards Ave.

Look, I know where they go on Sussex Way, it's a commonly used spot, because the residents of that area complain regularly about speeding motorists. Such as you.

They stand on the wide open pavement, next to the pub, wearing luminous yellow jackets. You have two options here. Either look a bit harder so you spot them earlier, or slow down. I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no sympathy with you. If you nicked a Mars Bar from Tesco and the security guard caught you, you wouldn't complain that it was unfair because you didn't know they had CCTV, or because it was "only" a Mars Bar.

It's entirely your doing. Man up, take your punishment, and get on with it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As I said is their job to catch the offeneders or stop them speeding?

How has this moved on from the seriousness of GG injury.

Well evidently visible police presence doesn't stop you speeding, so perhaps they need to catch you to help the message sink in.

Anyway. Gordon Greer. Lovely man. Hope he's fit soon.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Interesting that a thread started about the extent of Greer's injury has now turned into a speeding ticket discussion.

I don't know if Greer is a safe driver or not by the way.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting that a thread started about the extent of Greer's injury has now turned into a speeding ticket discussion.

I don't know if Greer is a safe driver or not by the way.

I imagine Gordon is a very safe pair of hands behind the wheel. I also bet he, as a resident of Burgess Hill, never speeds on Sussex Way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Look, I know where they go on Sussex Way, it's a commonly used spot, because the residents of that area complain regularly about speeding motorists. Such as you.

It's entirely your doing. Man up, take your punishment, and get on with it.

As I said I did and points come off next week clean license again, and I am careful when driving down that road now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports