Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bad is Greer's injury?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
This season I can understand your view on him. But for me Ince isn't the holding player that Hughton thinks he is. He's a box to box player who can win the ball, and then knock it to someone who can pass. He's a bit like Wanamaya at Southampton in that respect. He's another one of our young players (like JFC) who has been asked to do a job he shouldn't be doing.

I think this is a fair point regarding Ince and JFC, although wasn't Ince a CB in Chelski's youth teams?

I think there are certainly games (like against Boro) when the midfield would've been much more balanced with Ince, Stephens and Kayal as a three way axis, rather than just the latter two who are often restricted in their natural attacking/box to box games as a central pairing.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Very true - I'm surprised there's quite so much dislike of Ince on here. It's clear there's talent in the lad, even if he's not fully realised it yet.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Greer has been playing with an injury on some games. It is a very important position.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Looks muscular (the injury, not Gordon Greer...). Seemed to be holding his hamstring while he was sat on the pitch. He did walk off rather than limp, or be stretchered, so perhaps a strain rather than a tear.

A strain is a tear.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think this is a fair point regarding Ince and JFC, although wasn't Ince a CB in Chelski's youth teams?

I think there are certainly games (like against Boro) when the midfield would've been much more balanced with Ince, Stephens and Kayal as a three way axis, rather than just the latter two who are often restricted in their natural attacking/box to box games as a central pairing.

I can certainly see Ince having to play CB again if this run of injuries continues.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
A strain is a tear.

In the sports injury world, maybe. But that's where they refer to a muscle injury as grade 1, 2 or 3
1 and 2 are both tears but 1 is referred more commonly as a strain as it is only mirco-tears to the muscle fibre that are usually swift to recover from.
A grade 2 tear can take up to 8 weeks to recover [minor / major]
A grade 3 is a rupture and requires surgical intervention and months of re-hab before full strength is returned.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 13.21.56.png

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Could cover the gatemen on the car park but not on the field of play. Only my opinion but I can see why Chelsea said he had no future as you can imagine I think he is a liabiility possible Div 2 standard but when he has a good game.possibly Div 1 not his biggest fan

You really are a miserable contributor to this site. Everything you post is either negative or some rubbish transfer rumour.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You really are a miserable contributor to this site. Everything you post is either negative or some rubbish transfer rumour.

That is not true as I am 100% pro the club and want them to do well but unfortuantely I cannot see them doing it if they rely on third rate players which is above how I rate Ince. Apart from his size he has nothing whatsoever to offer as far as I can see, no ball control or skill,no heading ability. He would be one of the first I would move on in January, this is of course just my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That is not true as I am 100% pro the club and wamnt them to do well but unfortuantely I cannpot see them doing it rely on third rate players which is above how I rate Ince. Apart from his size he has nothing whatsoever to offer as far as I can see, no ball control or skill,no heading ability. He would be on of the first I would move on in January, this is of course just my opinion and you are entitlked to yours.

Curry's have some decent offers on keyboards in their sale BG! :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

That's not true. You've forgotten the little life issues too, like computer mysteries, broken iPods, parking fines and speeding tickets.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There are a few players i would turf out, namely ince, chickson, manu. And calde to a coaching roll. And bring three or four in along with injury returnees

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have the medical team changed under Hughton? At half-time the warm ups the subs were doing looked a bit old-school; I'm wondering if they are playing a part in the injuries?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here