Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How are you getting to Rome?

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
They are via intermediaries so could well not happen as per others' experiences in Marseille. Need to book through airlines direct to make sure.
Also as I found out with Marseille, if your flight is delayed you might not get the free voucher. f***ing cheek of it.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
We are flying Tuesday evening at 21.50 to save a few quid, direct from Gatwick on Wizz Air. Back with the same cowboy airline early Friday morning.
Didn't do that well with prices but will just suck it up and enjoy a few days in Rome!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Out Tuesday morning from Gatwick, back Friday.
Got kicked out of Easyjet like others and had to rebook in a sweary panic of click click type click without thinking or checking.

Luckily we must have just won the fastest finger first (sorry @Bozza ), as we managed £40ish each leg, plus 2 seats together each way = £191 total. Must have been the last seats at that price - checked straight after getting the confirmation screen and prices had already shot up.

Not smug, just relieved - it's been a shit couple of months for me so it was nice to have something go right for a change. Sorry for those who weren't so lucky - flight pricing's crap for 'event' situations like this. Hope everyone who wants to go gets there somehow.

Now the booking stress is over it's finally sinking in. In just over ten days we'll be heading out for 3 nights in Rome. Always wanted to go there. And with Albion playing ROMA ffs. What a season.
No apology needed - I know the game. I think I may have been OK if, on my first attempt, the Easyjet site didn't just boot me back to the homepage when I submitted payment. Having missed that first bite at the cherry I entered the spiralling-price madness. Our journey might involve a bit of train travel now, but it's all part of the adventure right?!?

Delighted it worked out for you - have a great time!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Deserves it's own thread. Due to flight prices soaring I have opted to fly to Milan on Wednesday morning and get the train (3 hours) to Rome. I'm also flying from Milan Friday evening.
Same,all booked with reserved Seats on train for less than 200 quid,cheapest euro trip yet

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Still searching. Was on easyJet the very second the draw happened and it threw me out at payment stage.

Clicked all the way through again as quickly as I could, only to get this.

View attachment 177070

Also considering Milan now.
Same happened to me. Unlikely to get a match ticket but was going to head to Rome anyway as it’s such a great place at a very good time of year. At the ramped up prices, doesn’t seem much point. If i get a ticket somehow then I’ll pay what it takes to get there.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Go on city breaks easy jet 5 or 6 choices of hotels ,leaving Gatwick to Rome,around 260 2 nights

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Same flight out as you to Milan but somehow managed to get a great price on a flight back from Rome to LGW on the Friday at 17:35. £130 total for both flights
Doing same 97 quid return,but out train was 75 euros roughly return,that has fluctuated all day mate paid 33 euros for train

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Christopher Reeve Row GIF by Turner Classic Movies

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I initially booked direct flights with Wizz Air for £104 through Booking.com. Some 2 hours later I was notified that the booking had failed! 😡

After lots of swearing and scouring of various booking sites, I managed to book direct flights, from Gatwick to Rome, with Vueling for £113. Very happy with that!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I initially booked direct flights with Wizz Air for £104 through Booking.com. Some 2 hours later I was notified that the booking had failed! 😡

After lots of swearing and scouring of various booking sites, I managed to book direct flights, from Gatwick to Rome, with Vueling for £113. Very happy with that!
Did you do the booking directly through vueling the second time ? Seems very cheap for 2 hours after the event.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Did you do the booking directly through vueling the second time ? Seems very cheap for 2 hours after the event.
It was more like 6 hours after the event. I can’t remember where I found it, but I thought it was too good to be true when I did. I’ve even chosen my seats and already checked in.

Jimmy Grimble

It was more like 6 hours after the event. I can’t remember where I found it, but I thought it was too good to be true when I did. I’ve even chosen my seats and already checked in.
Are you on the late flight on the Wednesday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here