Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How are you getting to Rome?

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Deserves it's own thread. Due to flight prices soaring I have opted to fly to Milan on Wednesday morning and get the train (3 hours) to Rome. I'm also flying from Milan Friday evening.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still searching. Was on easyJet the very second the draw happened and it threw me out at payment stage.

Clicked all the way through again as quickly as I could, only to get this.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 11.25.29.png

Also considering Milan now.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Deserves it's own thread. Due to flight prices soaring I have opted to fly to Milan on Wednesday morning and get the train (3 hours) to Rome. I'm also flying from Milan Friday evening.
Similar, but driving from Milan.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Still searching. Was on easyJet the very second the draw happened and it threw me out at payment stage.

View attachment 177070

That is outrageous.

Edit... Actually, thinking about it, it would make sense for the airlines to have some sort of algorithm to work out which flights will be sold out at normal prices, so bump up the prices accordingly? I don't know.

Last edited:

May 25, 2023
Croydon

View attachment 177070

that's really disgusting. I know supply demand yadda yadda economics, but on a pure human level disgusting.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

View attachment 177070

Exact same thing happened to me twice, although in in my case it said seats no longer available. Easyjet is a right ballache of a site.

Landed on the early Thursday morning Heathrow flight.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Best thing about it being Rome is there is plenty of choice on hotels.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018

View attachment 177070

Might also be worth looking at Florence and fast train? (I'm lucky - I manged to get an easyjet flight but had to go a day earlier than I'd planned.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That is outrageous.

Edit... Actually, thinking about it, it would make sense for the airlines to have some sort of algorithm to work out which flights will be sold out at normal prices, so bump up the prices accordingly? I don't know.
It will all be programmatic as the flights hurriedly get booked up and seat availability shrinks.

I knew that which is why I got on it as soon as our name came out. Others were faster though - it's the way it goes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Best thing about it being Rome is there is plenty of choice on hotels.
I'm sure someone said the same about flights as well :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here