Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Hove and Portslade Tory Candidate announced!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Here’s what he was up to in January this year ??

A big drop in the number of rough sleepers in Brighton and Hove is to be investigated after a request by three opposition councillors.

They said that the number of rough sleepers had been misrepresented after a change to the way that they were counted.

Conservative councillors Robert Nemeth, Mary Mears and Nick Taylor asked for ‘an urgent investigation’ into the way in which the number was ‘calculated and represented’ by Labour-run Brighton and Hove City Council.

The count – in November – suggested that there were 64 people sleeping on the streets locally, down from 178 a year earlier.

Cllr Nemeth told the council’s Audit and Standards Committee at Hove Town Hall: “Councillor Mears, Taylor and I would be so pleased if rough sleeping figures had fallen but there were two different counting methods used.

“This led to misleading reporting, disputed by various homeless experts.

What's funny is the methodology for counting rough sleepers has been passed down by central government who are this week crowing about how homeless statistics are falling. It would be interesting if Nemeth indirectly reveals that the Tory figures are actually BS through his local government swipe at a Labour run authority. I'm not sure he is fully prepared for the step up in politics to be honest.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My view of him is from personal experience and interactions colleagues/ex colleagues have had with. I'm not going to go into details because it could cause problems for other people. Like I said I think his position on homeless is good place to start as a measure of the man.

What’s he position that differs from what I’ve posted on here?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To level the playing field here’s what he said about “tough love”

Brighton’s rough sleepers need tough love not warm words, a Conservative councillor said this afternoon (Monday 8 October).

Robert Nemeth, who sat on the Brighton Centre Night Shelter Working Group, praised volunteers and charities who “go over and above” to help the homeless.

But he dismissed the rough sleeping strategy being implemented by Brighton and Hove City Council because “it clearly isn’t working”.

Councillor Nemeth said: “A loving approach to a person in need is not to allow them to sit on the street and drink themselves to death.

Spoken like a true Tory.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With your incredible intellect and rapier like wit, is that really the best you can come up with?

Obviously it was. Otherwise I’d have said something smarter and wittier.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sadly, I agree with you, we would be the better without them.

But why do you forget to mention the vile ERG and their campaign to deselect the decent moderate Tories?

‘Cos the comments were about Peter Kyle? :shrug:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Big step up in class and no match for Peter Kyle.

Don’t think so. Kyle is a moron. I complained about higher parking permit charges for high emission vehicles,when being parked there are no emissions, and got a reply that concerned about the emissions whilst engine still running kurb side. That’s why we pay higher road tax you lefty tit. If I park a tank or tatra once the engine is off there is no difference.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Don’t think so. Kyle is a moron. I complained about higher parking permit charges for high emission vehicles,when being parked there are no emissions, and got a reply that concerned about the emissions whilst engine still running kurb side. That’s why we pay higher road tax you lefty tit. If I park a tank or tatra once the engine is off there is no difference.

Ha ha, good point Pbs but I think you would get the same answer from any councillor or MP from any party.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Ha ha, good point Pbs but I think you would get the same answer from any councillor or MP from any party.

Maybe but he put his digital signature on the moronic reply. Plus he is part of a council that is driving visitors away, turning the city into a campsite and discouraging business’s and shops.

Anyway rant over. Good luck new candidate, whatever your name is, sorry for gatecrashing the thread.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
About the first time you’ve been honest in a long time...

Says the Timmy loving poster who’s never met him, who flies Ryan Air and Business Class, works at Sainsbury’s and doesn’t and votes Labour and hates them....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Says the Timmy loving poster who’s never met him, who flies Ryan Air and Business Class, works at Sainsbury’s and doesn’t and votes Labour and hates them....

To be fair he has actually met me....once. You’re 100% correct about the rest though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Never voted Labour
Never have I ever said I’ve flown with Ryan Air
Never have I said I work at Sainsbury’s

Have you thought about making a career in being wrong, you’d be good at it !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here