Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Hove and Portslade Tory Candidate announced!!!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Know him. Good lad for a Tory Boy. Very good councillor. Big step up in class and no match for Peter Kyle.

I predict he’ll still be cleaning up Hove Lagoon and putting planters in Boundary Road come next Summer.

Also know him (through a mutual friend). Perfect acceptable social acquaintance from time to time, and so far I've not seen anything from him that would suggest he's a knuckle-dragging far right wing Tory. Still, I wish him all the very best in losing given he's a Tory.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

Well before i start, I don't want to get in a row with anyone as everyone is entitled to their views on politics. I'm also going to be careful talking about specific situations as there is potential for libel in saying someone did this or someone did that and I'm not interested saying anything like that about him. But personally as someone who volunteers with a homeless charity I don't like his views on "tough love" for the homeless. That's a good place to start.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
The only way the Tory will get in is if Momentum deselect Kyle and he stands as an independent and splits the vote. Imagine trying to deselect the MP that has effectively set the Labour policy on Brexit by having a referendum on a final deal.

Apparently they want to deselect Jess Phillips as well though 🙄

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He'd get my vote as an Independent ( even more so than if he's Labour actually ) and as you well know I'm a Brexit loving, mouth frothing, racist right wing thicko.

I don't well know, and the second part of your sentence was totally unnecessary considering I am not one of the people hurling insults on the Brexit thread.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Nemeth standing on a Tory no deal brexit manifesto will lose his deposit.

I'm sure his strategy will be to not mention to B word and concentrate on local issues. It will fail though as nobody will ask him what he thinks of local issues and everyone will ask him about his stance on brexit

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Know him. Good lad for a Tory Boy. Very good councillor. Big step up in class and no match for Peter Kyle.

I predict he’ll still be cleaning up Hove Lagoon and putting planters in Boundary Road come next Summer.

Can Momentum get centrist Peter Kyle out before then? They Shirley have the local party votes to oust someone they see as undermining Corbyn.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well before i start, I don't want to get in a row with anyone as everyone is entitled to their views on politics. I'm also going to be careful talking about specific situations as there is potential for libel in saying someone did this or someone did that and I'm not interested saying anything like that about him. But personally as someone who volunteers with a homeless charity I don't like his views on "tough love" for the homeless. That's a good place to start.

As long as you deal in facts you can’t be done for libellous behaviour, so please give me some facts that would make him “vile”

Full disclosure I wouldn’t vote for him if there was an election.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Can Momentum get centrist Peter Kyle out before then? They Shirley have the local party votes to oust someone they see as undermining Corbyn.

Personally, I don't think they'll have the balls, the numbers, or the stupidity to go through with it. More likely, they're looking to hold his feet to the fire. Which won't work

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Here’s what he was up to in January this year ??

A big drop in the number of rough sleepers in Brighton and Hove is to be investigated after a request by three opposition councillors.

They said that the number of rough sleepers had been misrepresented after a change to the way that they were counted.

Conservative councillors Robert Nemeth, Mary Mears and Nick Taylor asked for ‘an urgent investigation’ into the way in which the number was ‘calculated and represented’ by Labour-run Brighton and Hove City Council.

The count – in November – suggested that there were 64 people sleeping on the streets locally, down from 178 a year earlier.

Cllr Nemeth told the council’s Audit and Standards Committee at Hove Town Hall: “Councillor Mears, Taylor and I would be so pleased if rough sleeping figures had fallen but there were two different counting methods used.

“This led to misleading reporting, disputed by various homeless experts.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
To level the playing field here’s what he said about “tough love”

Brighton’s rough sleepers need tough love not warm words, a Conservative councillor said this afternoon (Monday 8 October).

Robert Nemeth, who sat on the Brighton Centre Night Shelter Working Group, praised volunteers and charities who “go over and above” to help the homeless.

But he dismissed the rough sleeping strategy being implemented by Brighton and Hove City Council because “it clearly isn’t working”.

Councillor Nemeth said: “A loving approach to a person in need is not to allow them to sit on the street and drink themselves to death.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It’s comments like that, that ensure the Labour Party extremists will remain at the edges of democracy frothing at the mouth with indignation as to why they are not listened to.

Bit like Extinction Rebellion knobs. Want to bring a serious message to the table, but spoil it by wearing pirate outfits, dancing naked in public and generally behaving like fvcking idiots. Does their cause no good whatsoever.

you are correct not all Tories support Fox hunting but a surprisingly high number of the people at the top do support it despite 85% of the population ( there or thereabouts in every poll over last 30 years) want it stopped.

but equally calling Extinction Rebellion people knobs is narrow minded , not all of them act like you say.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
To level the playing field here’s what he said about “tough love”

Brighton’s rough sleepers need tough love not warm words, a Conservative councillor said this afternoon (Monday 8 October).

Robert Nemeth, who sat on the Brighton Centre Night Shelter Working Group, praised volunteers and charities who “go over and above” to help the homeless.

But he dismissed the rough sleeping strategy being implemented by Brighton and Hove City Council because “it clearly isn’t working”.

Councillor Nemeth said: “A loving approach to a person in need is not to allow them to sit on the street and drink themselves to death.

Sounds fine so far. Did he go on to say how exactly he would not allow them to sit n the streets and drink?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
As long as you deal in facts you can’t be done for libellous behaviour, so please give me some facts that would make him “vile”

Full disclosure I wouldn’t vote for him if there was an election.

My view of him is from personal experience and interactions colleagues/ex colleagues have had with. I'm not going to go into details because it could cause problems for other people. Like I said I think his position on homeless is good place to start as a measure of the man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here