Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hotel non-refund

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hi @Bozza, at his next Q&A, why don’t you try Simon Calder. He’s a mine of consumer information/legal rights info on travel scenarios.

IMG_1795.png

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Can we get some of those **** guys who seem to post 1000's of comments about such and such a player moving to Chelsea to post as many comments on the Accor website.
I'm booked into an Ibis in Amsterdam but can assure you this will be my last Ibis until they compensate our Bozza.
If it’s the one at the train station I’m there as well, what gives?

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
I haven't read everything but if you didn't book direct with Accor your issue is with the third party. That's why I always book direct.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I haven't read everything but if you didn't book direct with Accor your issue is with the third party. That's why I always book direct.
The second line of the opening post:

The hotel was booked and paid for in full, in advance, on Accor's website.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If it’s the one at the train station I’m there as well, what gives?
No, it's the Styles Amstel. I know there's a few of us out there. Right on the tram line so handy. Also 3 minute walk from a brewpub showing the football Wednesday.

BUT. I've seen a few more Accor hotels in town and may book them all on a cancelable booking. Then decide on the 7th which one I want.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The second line of the opening post:

The hotel was booked and paid for in full, in advance, on Accor's website.
Havnt read the whole thread, but have you contacted the hotel direct for the refund?
Even though you booked through Accorhotels.com it may be one of their franchise outlets and the refund might be made by the hotel.

could be in the very small contract wording

That said, accorhotels has acted as the central reservation agent and should be, at the very least, speaking to the Hotel and asking why they havnt issued you with a full refund

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
I had an issue this year with love holidays and managed to get a full refund due to it being a package booking.

My first thought on reading this was your contract is between you and the intermediary but it unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case.

It seems you will have to go after the hotel and see if there are any local laws fir further compensation. Blood brexit!

Something for me to bare in mind as I do everything though intermediaries.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Firstly, this is outrageous and you should definitely get a refund if there was any justice. Was this in France or Switzerland? I ask because….

My regular middle aged men’s walking group had terrible grief from Sixt in Switzerland. We hired a van, which we returned in exactly the same condition. They refused to pay back the deposit for some imaginary damage on the roof and then the guy in our party whose name it was in started getting letters and emails asking for large sums of money from their Swiss operation. They’ve only just stopped it after lawyers were involved.

I don’t want to characterise a whole nation, but Sixt Switzerland were arrogant, aggressive and unwavering
Avis tried to charge me for putting 50 litres of fuel into a car with a 40l tank.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Firstly, this is outrageous and you should definitely get a refund if there was any justice. Was this in France or Switzerland? I ask because….

My regular middle aged men’s walking group had terrible grief from Sixt in Switzerland. We hired a van, which we returned in exactly the same condition. They refused to pay back the deposit for some imaginary damage on the roof and then the guy in our party whose name it was in started getting letters and emails asking for large sums of money from their Swiss operation. They’ve only just stopped it after lawyers were involved.

I don’t want to characterise a whole nation, but Sixt Switzerland were arrogant, aggressive and unwavering
Got to be so careful with car hire, and always have some form of full excess insurance.

A lot are franchises and probably doubling their profits by scamming people like your mates with bullshit charges and made up damage, knowing full well its hard for you to do anything from UK.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Done, unbelievable way to treat someone. I think its bad enough to not honour the room booking, but to then refuse the refund is astonishing!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
@Bozza - did you get anywhere with this? Not sure what prompted it, but just thought about it this evening.
The wankers at Accor didn't do anything, so I pursued a chargeback instead, which returned the money to my account in a few days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The wankers at Accor didn't do anything, so I pursued a chargeback instead, which returned the money to my account in a few days.
How does this work?

Does the card write this off, or do they now pursue Accor?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
How does this work?

Usually the card have internal limits as to what they will pursue with the vendor, anything below that they write off. They also look at the customer’s standing (which is IMHO wrong)

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
How does this work?

Pretty sure that Accor will get a charge back and the opportunity to contest it with the CC company, who could go back to Bozza for the money if the hotel chain put up an argument the CC company believe and that Bozza is not due a refund.. I doubt they can though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here