Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hostility is the key!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bet you would go screaming for a policeman too?:thumbsup:

No, I'd be too busy helping my other half to breathe. He had problems at Woking during our cup match when a flare was let off. There was no roof to contain the smoke in that situation.
By all means have a laugh, but don't endanger others.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My daughter would like to know why we sing 'yourshitahhhhhh' after the keeper has kicked the ball. She thinks it would put him off more if it was during his run up.

She has a point.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stretching credulity to its utmost, the Amex just MIGHT be a cauldron of noise tonight. But a cauldron of HOSTILITY? I mean, REALLY? :rolleyes:

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
What we really need tonight is Lulu (5 year old daughter) of StillHateBellotti. Every time she needs a piss we frigging score. Mum won't let her go so it's all mums fault if it goes tits up :). If only I had the air bomb that was launched in to the Directors box at The Goldstone :)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
At Boro the screen showed a match reporter who sadly died this past year and the Boro fans sang 'He's one of our own' to which we applauded them. Shut them up in utter disbelief as they tried to work out why we were so friendly.
So for one match only it's hate the enemy and boo every touch they make.

Why only one match? Time to make The Amex less friendly-the novelty has worn off and real supporters will still come here. Time away fans got the same shit beer and food that they serve us. At Hillsborough, for the first time in my life, I returned my burger because it was fecking disgusting-my shoes would have been less tough. Bollocks to visiting fans' comforts.

All the players and managers say the Amex crowd is very loud. Loud is not enough-it needs to be intimidating too but not of the "Let's scare the people on the coaches after the game while South Yorkshire's finest were nowhere to be seen" variety that Wednesday used.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
My daughter would like to know why we sing 'yourshitahhhhhh' after the keeper has kicked the ball. She thinks it would put him off more if it was during his run up.

She has a point.

I've never understood that either.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm not convinced by all this talk of recreating those frightfully aggressive northern club atmospheres. Perhaps we should remain true to ourselves, distinctively civilised emphasising our southern sophistication ... a warm round of applause for our goals and a firm *tut* if they get one?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Let’s be partisan, not hostile. Let’s stay civilised.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm not convinced by all this talk of recreating those frightfully aggressive northern club atmospheres. Perhaps we should remain true to ourselves, distinctively civilised emphasising our southern sophistication ... a warm round of applause for our goals and a firm *tut* if they get one?
Good idea-then can we get 'orrible?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Let's make the Amex a cauldron of hostility tonight. Yes, get behind our lads and sing our hearts out, but also make it a f@cking bear-pit for the Wednesday players and fans. Make noise, set off flares, we'll take a fine from the fa if necessary, because tonight is all that matters. Greet their keeper with 'Who the f@cking hell are you?', jeer his every move, intimidate him, make him pray for full-time. Don't clap the away attendance, this game is unlike any other. For this one night they are the enemy and they're all that stands between us and Wembley. We can do this.

You obviously want to turn the Amex into the Old Den, so you need to be come racist, set fire to the Amex if we are losing, jump over the barriers and start a fight with the Wednesday fans, throw coins at the opposition players, make the Wednesday players not want to come anywhere near the touchline to take a throw in, a couple of pitch invasions to injury any Wednesday player who doesn't run down the tunnel quick enough, and if still behind after 80 minutes smash the goals down. Then I suppose you may be happy,

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
You obviously want to turn the Amex into the Old Den, so you need to be come racist, set fire to the Amex if we are losing, jump over the barriers and start a fight with the Wednesday fans, throw coins at the opposition players, make the Wednesday players not want to come anywhere near the touchline to take a throw in, a couple of pitch invasions to injury any Wednesday player who doesn't run down the tunnel quick enough, and if still behind after 80 minutes smash the goals down. Then I suppose you may be happy,

Absolutely, I mean that's exactly what I said, isn't it?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I agree with the sentiments of this thread. The normal Amex atmosphere may need to be more hostile tonight to help get the job done.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I think that is almost exactly what we need! We are far too polite and nice at the AMEX. We need to be destroying the opposition in every way possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here