Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have seen enough of Hoskins to know he is the real deal,... yes he needs to shake off these injuries, but before he joined us he had several seasons with barely a game missed. He is quick, he can shoot, he can control the ball, he looks for the ball,.... he is a must in my opinion. The good thing is that OGJ will view him with a clean slate, in fact he will viuew all the players without any historical emotional attachment, I am certain that this will help move on the passengers to pastures new.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Hoskins is incredibly generously rated by many,because he gets injured every five minutes. He didn't play more games, because he got injured every time he did play.

I don't believe spending two years constantly injured is bad luck. Personally, I would have released him this summer to free up a space in the squad for a better striker. As it is, we have 4 now and to sign another, one will need to leave. I would have just released him and forgotten about him.

Dont you? What would you call it then?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I have seen enough of Hoskins to know he is the real deal,... yes he needs to shake off these injuries, but before he joined us he had several seasons with barely a game missed. He is quick, he can shoot, he can control the ball, he looks for the ball,.... he is a must in my opinion. The good thing is that OGJ will view him with a clean slate, in fact he will viuew all the players without any historical emotional attachment, I am certain that this will help move on the passengers to pastures new.

I agree. Hoskins actually looks like a decent player, but he needs to sort these injuries. As you say, with a new coaching team, lets hope his chances improve and he stays luckier with injuries.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Lucky you are not in charge then. Look at his injuries, that is some bad luck. Not like he has got a dodgy hamstring or something, they are all different injuries

He is very injury prone and not worth another contract. As I said, he makes it 4 strikers and in an FFP world, one will have to go to get a better one in. Hoskins is our weakest striker, and should have been released. He couldn't have argued.

Must have forced Dicker to injure him last summer :rolleyes:

Yeah, I said that didn't I. ??? He bounces from one injury to the next, time to move on. His 1 goal a season won't be missed.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A good pre season and he might have an excellent season for us. Let's all hope we can keep him fit as the lad clearly has talent.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He was a third division player, we brought him to the Albion, we were only just out of the third division, now we aspire and are building a team to get us to the Premier League, is it a step too far for him?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Hoskins is incredibly generously rated by many,because he gets injured every five minutes. He didn't play more games, because he got injured every time he did play.

I don't believe spending two years constantly injured is bad luck. Personally, I would have released him this summer to free up a space in the squad for a better striker. As it is, we have 4 now and to sign another, one will need to leave. I would have just released him and forgotten about him.

13.5 thousand posts in 4 years; are they all of this quality?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A good pre season and he might have an excellent season for us. Let's all hope we can keep him fit as the lad clearly has talent.

He was having a good pre season last year until Dicker crocked him in training, idiot, I am convinced he will get through this season, along with Toby,........looking forward to it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was a third division player, we brought him to the Albion, we were only just out of the third division, now we aspire and are building a team to get us to the Premier League, is it a step too far for him?

Exactly. And you could argue, as many have and do, that Barnes and CMS aren't up to it either. The last thing we need to do is overload the squad because of some misguided loyalty to a guy who, when he was fit, wanted to go out on loan.

Giving him a new contract makes neither business nor football sense.

13.5 thousand posts in 4 years; are they all of this quality?

Arguably. :thumbsup:

I was here when we weren't any good, I am here while we are, and I'll remain when we go back on a downward curve as well.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Exactly. And you could argue, as many have and do, that Barnes and CMS aren't up to it either. The last thing we need to do is overload the squad because of some misguided loyalty to a guy who, when he was fit, wanted to go out on loan.

Giving him a new contract makes neither business nor football sense.

Arguably. :thumbsup:

I was here when we weren't any good, I am here while we are, and I'll remain when we go back on a downward curve as well.

the spectre of somerset looms

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Totally agree - and in the time he has played hardly set the world alight

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I was pleased the Club took up the extra year on his contract. I have no idea whether Hoskins will fit in with the new regime - but it was the right thing to do.

I like him and think he could be decent, but the man will never be fit for any period of time, so i think we should have cut our losses and moved on

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
My belief is that when he went out on loan to Sheffield United he was often on the bench. Further I am not aware that they made an offer to purchase him, which suggests they were not that impressed by him.

Maybe we have kept him to date because we have not found strikers easy purchase for reasonable money. If he has been on £6,000 a week we have spent £600,000 on wages alone. He certainly owes us a bit right now. Let us hope he looks after himself a bit and delivers.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I like him and think he could be decent, but the man will never be fit for any period of time, so i think we should have cut our losses and moved on

Maybe, I was just pleased that we are still a Club that will look after a player when they have had some misfortune. It will reap its rewards in the long run.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
My belief is that when he went out on loan to Sheffield United he was often on the bench. Further I am not aware that they made an offer to purchase him, which suggests they were not that impressed by him.

Maybe we have kept him to date because we have not found strikers easy purchase for reasonable money. If he has been on £6,000 a week we have spent £600,000 on wages alone. He certainly owes us a bit right now. Let us hope he looks after himself a bit and delivers.

There were family circumstances behind the move to Sheff Utd

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

Always amazed me how patient people have been with Will, but Vicente got absolutely slaughtered for being injured. No comparison in the quality of player and would love to see the dagger back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here