Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins will miss rest of season

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We need to get a loan in then, even if its someone to sit on bench and maybe come on and nick a goal.We need a experienced old pro in the Phillips mould.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We need to get a loan in then, even if its someone to sit on bench and maybe come on and nick a goal.We need a experienced old pro in the Phillips mould.
That type of player is hardly going to be happy coming here to sit on the bench is he?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
IMHO he will be given another contract as Elphick did to prove his recovery from the injury.

Yeah, I kinda hope he's given another year just to see if he can come good after his recovery. Not sure its the type of business decision we're making as a club now...

Luckily Barnes is back soon.

- - - Updated - - -

That type of player is hardly going to be happy coming here to sit on the bench is he?

It depends. Phillips is doing exactly that at Palace, he's not going to get much starting time ahead of Murray and Dobbie...

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Poor guy, I too had a similar injury which virtually finished my playing days but at least I was over 30, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Originally Posted by somerset
Our options are emergency loan ( maybe not a bad thing), or put some faith in Toby who has been 'developing' for sometime now,.... I have no problem with either, but I would like to see Toby get some game time else what is the point of the DS.

This too, are any of the 'Development squad' EVER going to be good enough for the Gus's first team, I suspect not.

So true....whenever Toby has come on he's looked ok. Im beginning to wonder what this development squad is all about if they are not developing into the first team squad !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Exactly, as said before, Hoskins played 43 games for Rovers in a far more 'muscular' league, with little or no problems. Its just bad luck, simple as that.

Even before this recent injury, Rovers fans at my place had said he was injury prone prior to him coming to them. In fact one even stated they were only able to get him because of his prior injury problems. All sounds a bit like how we secured Vicente.

A scan of his wikipedia entry has a few mentions of injuries for him.

So, if anything, it may be that Rovers were lucky in getting an injury free season out of him and we've just had the Hoskins of old.

(Don't get me wrong, I like him as a player and was genuinely excited about him coming to us.)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Yes,i would have thought someone like that would be very happy playing that role.Wheres David Connolly these days.Was just along the coast last season,thats exactly the type we need now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
loan to sell deal so very very unlikely he would come back

He is still under contract as a Brighton player while he is out on loan. It's all dependent on the actual loan contract and if both clubs have agreed to observe a break clause (section 53.3.8 of the Football League regulations) , which means the player can be recalled any time after the 28 day mark.
A line in a Daily Mail article on the emergency loan system made me chuckle -----------------> Ostensibly, they are to cover injuries or suspensions - hence the use of the word 'emergency' - but they are increasingly used strategically by cash-strapped clubs to try and turn their seasons around.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Sad news for Hoskins. Does this mean we'll need to loan a new striker?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
If the club tried to recall Dobbie for some more bench warming I wouldn't blame him for telling them to f*** off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would rather we signed a loan striker ourseleves, perhaps from QPR :lolol:, than activated Dobbie's recall.

Can't recall Dobbie until 28th, and for a new loan to be eligable for the playoff final, it would have to be after 23rd.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes,i would have thought someone like that would be very happy playing that role.Wheres David Connolly these days.Was just along the coast last season,thats exactly the type we need now.

Signed a month deal in Decembere wit Portsmouth played 5 games not scored but yes he would do to come off of the bench and not be too expensive, I wouldnt think. Could possibly sign him as an out of contract player.

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
Poor guy, I too had a similar injury which virtually finished my playing days but at least I was over 30, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Originally Posted by somerset
Our options are emergency loan ( maybe not a bad thing), or put some faith in Toby who has been 'developing' for sometime now,.... I have no problem with either, but I would like to see Toby get some game time else what is the point of the DS.

This too, are any of the 'Development squad' EVER going to be good enough for the Gus's first team, I suspect not.

Really good point, what exactly is the point of the development squad...nobody is coming through

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Or recall Dobbie on 28th this month........

How would he feel if he was told to return to you after 28 days ?
Clearly his face doesn't fit , and how motivated would he be to be back on the bench again ?
Can't see Poyet enforcing the recall clause tbh .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here