Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins unsure on future?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Toby for one.... I would hate for him to leave without being given a chance, same as Hoskins.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
This quote is telling

"As a striker, it's not one of those position where players stay for long."

I wonder deep down he knows that he is off?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Just hope he's given a fair chance. He needs a run of games, hopefully Gus will drop lover boy Barnes for the remainder of the season!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Thing is (for both of them), I assume they don't perform particularly well in training to justify a place.

We're not privy to what goes on in training but if these guys are good enough (and train better than AB/CMS) then they'll get a more regular place.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus seems to be really clueless on how to put together a strike force tbh. Midfield and defence he's done a good job on but since he let Murray go he has been nothing short of catastrophic in sorting out the strike force. The only player who has had game time over a period is CMS, mostly disappointing with occasional flashes of brilliance. Barnes is no longer a striker. Barndoor, Volkes never fitted in. Dobbie hasn't been given a run. Hoskins has been treated pretty shoddily imo (no squad number etc)and we have been flaffing around in every transfer window trying to replace Murray.

If I was Hoskins I'd want out as Gus really does seem a bit clueless about how to set up the team with forwards since Murray's departure.

The "special one" striker is something that gets trotted out in every transfer window and always results in zilch or strikers who are really not what we seem to need.

Just imo like.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Gus seems to be really clueless on how to put together a strike force tbh. Midfield and defence he's done a good job on but since he let Murray go he has been nothing short of catastrophic in sorting out the strike force. The only player who has had game time over a period is CMS, mostly disappointing with occasional flashes of brilliance. Barnes is no longer a striker. Barndoor, Volkes never fitted in. Dobbie hasn't been given a run. Hoskins has been treated pretty shoddily imo and we have been flaffing around in every transfer window trying to replace Murray.

If I was Hoskins I'd want out as Gus really does seem a bit clueless about how to set up the team with forwards since Murray's departure.

The "special one" striker is something that gets trotted out in every transfer window and alwasy results in zilch

Just imo like.

Drama Queen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Drama Queen.

Rather than an apologist?

Are you happy with how we have replaced Murray? No doubts or irritation about it?

Perhaps you could take the time to constructively shoot down my opinion? Genuinely interested unless you think everything on the striker front is tickety boo.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Will be an absolute farce if he isn't given a good run in the team now he's fit, from everything I've seen of him he's a much more rounded player than Barnes or CMS and has always looked lively.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Does anyone have a complete list of the players contracts and when they run out?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Will be an absolute farce if he isn't given a good run in the team now he's fit, from everything I've seen of him he's a much more rounded player than Barnes or CMS and has always looked lively.

Agree,especially if he isn't given a chance and does a Glenn Murray or Craig Davies.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rather than an apologist?

According to you - and you've just alluded to it - anyone who doesn't find the striker situation 'catastrophic' is an 'apologist'. An apologist for what? There are more than two measures of happiness and appreciation - or lack thereof.

Are you happy with how we have replaced Murray? No doubts or irritation about it?

Perhaps you could take the time to constructively shoot down my opinion? Genuinely interested unless you think everything on the striker front is tickety boo.

It's not about whether I agree or disagree with your opinion, there is some merit in there. And I haven't shot it down.

It's more a comment on your TCB-esque misery and this current penchant for tedious exaggeration (e.g. - since he let Murray go he has been nothing short of catastrophic in sorting out the strike force) a 14 year-old seriously lacking in a decent vocabulary would come up with. I hear this hyperbole on the train every morning.

A hurricane blowing Cuban or American towns and villages with loss of life and community is a catastrophe. A set of strikers who may or may not be playing as well as they could or should... isn't.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Gus seems to be really clueless on how to put together a strike force tbh. Midfield and defence he's done a good job on but since he let Murray go he has been nothing short of catastrophic in sorting out the strike force. The only player who has had game time over a period is CMS, mostly disappointing with occasional flashes of brilliance. Barnes is no longer a striker. Barndoor, Volkes never fitted in. Dobbie hasn't been given a run. Hoskins has been treated pretty shoddily imo (no squad number etc)and we have been flaffing around in every transfer window trying to replace Murray.

The "special one" striker is something that gets trotted out in every transfer window and always results in zilch or strikers who are really not what we seem to need.

Just imo like.

Catastophic? Really? When we are sat in 8th spot only 2 off the play offs? I agree it's a shame we let Murray go but we all really need to move on. The search and failure to find a replacment is exactly because Gus does not want to waste money on signing players like Vokes and Paynter perm. Hoskins has been injured for most of his time with us and last season obviously had other issues. Dobbie has only just arrived and Gus has previously said it take players time to adapt to our style of play and what is asked of them. Barnes has moved position and been played regularly because he does EXACTLY what is asked of him. As for CMS it's always a gamble spending 2.5m on a player but he has scored 9 already and I am willing to bet he will have 20 odd by the end of the season. Whilst I see your point you have gone over the top, no manager gets it right all the time and yes Gus seems to have struggled a little with our striking options but then with the way we play (and actually in general) its the hardest department to furnish in football without having millions and millions for one player.

A hurricane blowing Cuban or American towns and villages with loss of life and community is a catastrophe. A set of strikers who may or may not be playing as well as they could or should... isn't.

Correct, It's worse, much, much worse.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just hope he's given a fair chance. He needs a run of games, hopefully Gus will drop lover boy Barnes for the remainder of the season!
Dont be daft, Barnes is the only striker in the land who's stock actually goes up in direct proportion to the number of goals he doesnt score.... he is a shoe-in for a 10 year contract next time round.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
. Barnes has moved position and been played regularly because he does EXACTLY what is asked of him.
Oh, you mean missing pens and goal chances!?!?.... or do you mean spending a lot of his time defending because it is easier and requires less skill than trying to craft goals and killer passes in the attacking portion of the field.

Dec 29, 2011
Would be very pissed off if Hoskins left. Firstly he cost 500k and has only scored one goal. Secondly he's being kept out of the team by CMS and Barnes who aren't exactly warranting their places in the team.
Why can't we play Hoskins with CMS for a few games? Give them a chance to gel. If nothing happens, so be it, but letting Hoskins go on a free after playing 11 games on a 500k transfer is ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here