Hoskins to Bournemouth - allegedly a fee has been agreed [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't want Hoskins to go. I think he has a lot to offer and he has the right attitude.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Cherries have new unidentified striker target according to B'muff Echo... good, Hoskins deserves a chance HERE... their Chairman claiming bid made, accepted by Albion, but Hoskins wants to stay put...

Cherries have new unidentified striker target according to B'muff Echo... good, Hoskins deserves a chance HERE... their Chairman claiming bid made, accepted by Albion, but Hoskins wants to stay put...

They certainly put a lot more information about transfer targets into the public domain than we do. Not sure it is a good thing if they raise their fans expectations and then it doesn't happen for some reason. I prefer all the rumours and speculation you get on here - much more fun.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. It's being widely reported that we only paid £500k for Hoskins - this is a lot less than was thought at the time, and certainly about half what Rovers fans believe they received.

2. Let's hope this inspires Hoskins to finally show us what he's got. Somewhat of a wake up call, I fancy, for him to find out we were happy to let him go.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Oh happy day ! :)

"Mitchell also revealed Cherries had submitted a bid for Brighton’s Hoskins, who joined the Seagulls in a £500,000 move from Bristol Rovers in the summer.
However, although Cherries’ offer of around £450,000 was understood to have met Brighton’s asking price, the 25-year-old apparently rejected a move to Dorset in favour of staying at the Amex Stadium to fight for his place.

Speaking to the Daily Echo last night, Mitchell said deals for Hoskins and Tubbs could be resurrected should there be a change in either player’s circumstances."

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Oh happy day ! :)

"Mitchell also revealed Cherries had submitted a bid for Brighton’s Hoskins, who joined the Seagulls in a £500,000 move from Bristol Rovers in the summer.
However, although Cherries’ offer of around £450,000 was understood to have met Brighton’s asking price, the 25-year-old apparently rejected a move to Dorset in favour of staying at the Amex Stadium to fight for his place.

Speaking to the Daily Echo last night, Mitchell said deals for Hoskins and Tubbs could be resurrected should there be a change in either player’s circumstances."

Interesting to see how this all pans out then, really don't want Hoskins to leave as definitely think he has a lot to offer. Hope that we don't need that cash to make another deal happen or it will be all up in the air again and we'll just end up with a good player who's pissed off with the club.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting to see how this all pans out then, really don't want Hoskins to leave as definitely think he has a lot to offer. Hope that we don't need that cash to make another deal happen or it will be all up in the air again and we'll just end up with a good player who's pissed off with the club.

the rejection has come so quickly it feels like one of those "if you want to stay and fight knowing you will be one step down the pecking order we will be happy but if you want to go because we are signing a new striker, the opportunity is there"

hope that's it anyway. Interesting he seems to be a fans' favourite despite hardly being fit let alone playing.

CourtOffside_Stu

Jan 26, 2012
Poole
Got some new Russian (?) owners now. Odd investment really, if you ask me, Bournemouth have always been a club with finite potential, and I can't ever really see them getting much bigger, no matter how much money they chuck at players.

Cherries fan in peace.. Just registered yesterday to pick up on this point.. appreciate this discussion has moved on a bit but hey ho..

Whilst every club has "finite" potential - the implication here is that we are pretty much at the limit of ours already and I really don't agree with that...

As a town Bournemouth alone's population is bigger than that of towns/cities with much bigger football clubs. When you add in Poole - which by itself is the largest town in the country without a football league club - and Christchurch we've got a very large catchment area indeed and on sheer population alone there's more than ample folk there to support a much bigger football club than historically we have had.

People often say that Bmth isn't "a football town", but the evidence for that is only on the basis that people don't have a history of getting behind the local professional club as much as they could. By contrast the amateur and youth football setups in the area are enormous and there's plenty of interest in the game. The town centre is full of pubs and clubs that are absolutely packed out with plastic Premiershi* fans watching Sky of a weekend.. and even more so when England are in major competitions it can be absolutely massive.

Personally I think that there is the potential for AFCB to be a much bigger club than we currently are. There are of course obstacles in the way of that - stadium not being the smallest of them - but I really think that the potential is there if the club is built up in the right way.. (which is not by pissing money away on players IMO though)

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season. Look forward to visiting you in a decent stadium in the next couple of seasons where we can actually see the game!!

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
the rejection has come so quickly it feels like one of those "if you want to stay and fight knowing you will be one step down the pecking order we will be happy but if you want to go because we are signing a new striker, the opportunity is there"

hope that's it anyway. Interesting he seems to be a fans' favourite despite hardly being fit let alone playing.

this!!!!!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I've not been impressed by Hoskins, would like to see him go. On the other hand if he does stay, I'd like him to change my opinion of him.

I've seen him few times, was very good against Derby and thought he did well against Bristol City.

Def fits our style of play but needs a run of games

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Interesting he seems to be a fans' favourite despite hardly being fit let alone playing.

I'm not sure he is a "fan's favourite" yet, but it is the potential that those keen to see him stay want to see. I would like to see him stay to see what he can do rather than dismiss him just because he has been injured. He needs a run of 5-10 games.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Bournemouth alone's population is bigger than that of towns/cities with much bigger football clubs.
Zimmer%20frame%20steps%20temporary.JPG
???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports