Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins to Bournemouth - allegedly a fee has been agreed [merged]

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Really no loss IMO - Has been constantly injured and when i've seen him play he's hardly looked a 'stand out' player. We should cut our losses and bring someone else in with his fee

I respect your opinion dg, but I think you will be proved wrong about Hoskins. I think he has shown enough in the small amount of playing time, that he could be an exciting player, given a run in the side.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
This might be to release the last bit of cash we need for the offer we are putting in for Tevez, with Tanno being Argentinian is in the bag.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We paid around 500k for him and i don't see bournemouth matching that to be honest,not surprised its tosh as hoskins has a point to prove. :)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Only way can see this happening is if we have ready made replacement lined up.

Real shame if true as with a run of games could be a hell of a player for us

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
In the little I have seen him in an Albion shirt he has done alright & I also watched him score a couple of cracking goals against us last January.it's fair to say his fitness is an issue but if we are prepared to let him go for what sounds like a similar fee that we paid for him then we must have a very good player lined up to replace him.

Or maybe Gus & Hoskins just don't see eye to eye with each other.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In the little I have seen him in an Albion shirt he has done alright & I also watched him score a couple of cracking goals against us last January.it's fair to say his fitness is an issue but if we are prepared to let him go for what sounds like a similar fee that we paid for him then we must have a very good player lined up to replace him.

Or maybe Gus & Hoskins just don't see eye to eye with each other.

Yeah his fitness has been an issue but then so has Buckley who is only now getting a steady run. Keep him. Thought he looked special when coming on against Bristol City.

Feb 11, 2006
Amsterdam
It's all a bit odd isn't it?

The Bournemouth Echo says:

"Mitchell (Bournemouth Chairman) also revealed Cherries had submitted a bid for Brighton’s Hoskins, who joined the Seagulls in a £500,000 move from Bristol Rovers in the summer.

However, although Cherries’ offer of around £450,000 was understood to have met Brighton’s asking price, the 25-year-old apparently rejected a move to Dorset in favour of staying at the Amex Stadium to fight for his place".

Can't link due to post count.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

"Mitchell (Bournemouth Chairman) also revealed Cherries had submitted a bid for Brighton’s Hoskins, who joined the Seagulls in a £500,000 move from Bristol Rovers in the summer.

However, although Cherries’ offer of around £450,000 was understood to have met Brighton’s asking price, the 25-year-old apparently rejected a move to Dorset in favour of staying at the Amex Stadium to fight for his place".

If this is true, good for you Hoskins. Stay here, fight for your place and become an Albion legend. He looks like he has the capability to do it.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Bournemouth spending 1/2 a mil surely not,that could,ve been a transfer record for them.Hoskins has played 7 games and most of that is off the bench,im actually surprised they went for him considering his injury problems this season.

Good to see pompey are bottom by a country mile when it comes to southern clubs spending:lol:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Thats the end if that then.
In other news, I saw Michael Owen in the Lewes Rd bike train this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here