Hoskins to Bournemouth - allegedly a fee has been agreed [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think Barnes is far more integral to the team than most give credit for, the defensive work he did on the left at Peterboro was outstanding and clearly the result of a guy playing to the instructions of the manager. Also notable that he was the guy organising the wall for boro's free kicks. I think Barnes is Gus' version of Gary Hart, solid and dependable.

Wasn't gust quoted recently praising (unnamed) players who do the things he asks of them all over the pitch, which fans maybe don't notice? I suspected this was perhaps about barnes, and navarro and the other payers who often get criticised unfairly.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Players will only leave if Premership clubs come in with proper offers, Gus likes Will and wants him to do well. I am more convinced we will see players coming in over the next few days not many going out.

Transfer season fever going around...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For what it's worth my thoughts are (some of these have been mentioned in various posts but I feel the need to bring them together)

Brighton shouldn't be criticised for their handling. According to the argus the are not releasing any comment on it. All they've done is (allegedly) accept a bid for one of their players. It doesn't mean they want rid, or that Hoskins has been sold, just that Bournemouth have offered them a price they supposedly find acceptable. They can't and shouldn't tell hoskins about these things until agreed. At which point I assume they will make it clear if they are granting permission just because the offer is good, or if the club feel it would be in the player's best interest to come to terms with bournemouth (wanting to bring someone else in, not seeing opportunities for the player, whatever).

I haven't seen enough of hoskins to form an opinion. I know when we signed him the talk was 'he scored as many as barnes in a worse team', however, Hoskins had 101 shots for his 20 goals (45 starts 2 subs), whereas barnes only had 71 shots (38 starts, 11 subs).

This is all hypothetical. The club aren't talking, so we have no idea if the deal has actually been agreed, the prices involved, add ons, motivation behind the deal, and if Hoskins can/will actually agree to terms with Bournemouth.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We bought Hoskins very early (May) and CMS very late (July). Presumably Hoskins thought he was going to be top dog when he was bought. Buying CMS probably put his nose out of joint a bit. Seems a bit surplus to requirements now.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Where have AFCB got this sort of money from?

**EDIT** just read through this thread and found out the Russians have arrived.

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
On the 6pm news on radio Sussex afc Bournemouth deny making an offer for Will Hoskins

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I have a love/hate relationship with the transfer window, what with the all powerful internet now sticking its rather large oar in with all the rumours and FACTS from 'people in the know with great sources' its driving me bloody mad at the moment. I might just log off and live an analogue life until Jan 31st and then just see who we've signed and sold.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think Barnes is far more integral to the team than most give credit for, the defensive work he did on the left at Peterboro was outstanding and clearly the result of a guy playing to the instructions of the manager. Also notable that he was the guy organising the wall for boro's free kicks. I think Barnes is Gus' version of Gary Hart, solid and dependable.

Spot on... I just can't understand why Barnes gets so much stick on here...

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
We bought Hoskins very early (May) and CMS very late (July). Presumably Hoskins thought he was going to be top dog when he was bought. Buying CMS probably put his nose out of joint a bit. Seems a bit surplus to requirements now.

Really no loss IMO - Has been constantly injured and when i've seen him play he's hardly looked a 'stand out' player. We should cut our losses and bring someone else in with his fee

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Really no loss IMO - Has been constantly injured and when i've seen him play he's hardly looked a 'stand out' player. We should cut our losses and bring someone else in with his fee

Or give him the benefit of the doubt and time to get properly match fit and prove himself given (and my god it's getting tiresome saying this) HE HAS NO HISTORY OF BEING INJURY PRONE and has almost certainly been plain unlucky in his time here.

Hoskins played 45 games last season. Should we sell Gary dicker purely because he had the audacity to break his leg after 40 odd last appearances last season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports