Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins to Bournemouth - allegedly a fee has been agreed [merged]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Somebody- wish I could remember who now- suggested a few weeks ago that Hoskins was signed at John Stephenson's behest, and wasn't necessarily Gus's pick. I thought it was a LOB at the time, and having seen the player score twice against us at the Memorial Stadium last season, I'd certainly be surprised if Poyet was never interested in him, but maybe there was something in the rumour after all?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Football clubs must BLOODY LOVE Twitter!

Indeed although on this occassion they might have used it to let him know!

Seriously the "deal" was announced in the echo not on twitter - odd though that Hosky has been in training all morning and knew nothing ???I'm hoping it's not true tbh but sadly it seems to have legs (opens the door for countless gags about Hoskins' fitness) :lolol:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Hoping its Nicky Maaynard coming in. He has seen the light and realised Wigan is a bad move and Gus has pursuaded him that we are going places.

More realisically its Vokes:glare:

Didnt impress me when Bristol were here last week, Woods looked better than Maynard

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The more I think about this the more barmy it seems, Hoskins (when fit) is probably one of the best that we could realistically expect to play that position either side/just behind CMS.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Also, he's still tweeting saying he basically knows nothing (bar what he's seen on twitter). Surely the club should have had a word after training? Seems very slack (if indeed the bid story is true at all).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm not as surprised by this as most.

We signed Hoskins very early on and at that time we and Gus would never have thought we had a chance of signing CMS and I would imagine the plan was for Hoskins to lead the attack. Having then somehow signed CMS and declared that we were going to build the team around him I would have thought Gus' plans for Hoskins and the team changed then.

I like Hoskins as a player from what I've seen and would be a bit disapointed to see him go but I have 100% faith in any decision Gus/Tony make and always think its going to work out for the best for the club.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Didnt impress me when Bristol were here last week, Woods looked better than Maynard

Maynard heart isn't really with City anymore, he wants to move on and fast. He is a outstanding goalscorer, when he is on form. City need to sell before they lose him on a free transfer, in the Summer.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Somebody- wish I could remember who now- suggested a few weeks ago that Hoskins was signed at John Stephenson's behest, and wasn't necessarily Gus's pick. I thought it was a LOB at the time, and having seen the player score twice against us at the Memorial Stadium last season, I'd certainly be surprised if Poyet was never interested in him, but maybe there was something in the rumour after all?

Didn't somebody also say the same thing about Stephenson and Buckley? If true I will always be grateful to Stephenson as Buckley is the most exciting talent we have had for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here