Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins Set to Retire.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
This is really sad. I had always hoped he would turn out as the class act I think he could and should have been. He has always seemed like a really decent guy.

A lot of people have written on here about him being a sick note etc. However he just made a bad start with Gus who in my opinion sent him out on loan too early. Then a hernia, broken foot and the ligament damage were defined injuries that could have happened to anyone. He (and we) have undoubtedly been unlucky- but he's never a sick note.

Very sad and a big loss....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wish him all the best and think in a couple of years we may see him in the lower leagues.
I hope the compensation is sufficient to see him through till he gets himself sorted and would assume his contract will be paid up in full.

He wouldn't get his contract paid up AND the insurance, surely?

I clicked on this thread, expecting it to be one of those 'hilarious' ones, where it's a link to a story from the Dorset Chronicle about a bank manager from Ringwood, called Bill Hoskins.

Wish it had been. Best of luck,Will.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
From what i saw of him, he looked like a very good player.

Real shame for both us and him, wish him all the best.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Big shame about Hoskins. Looked excellent before he joined us and thought he had the talent to fit well in our team, especially in that left-sided attacking role. Good luck to the bloke.

As for the person writing off CMS, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that the OG style will bring a lot more out of him judging by the last 2 games.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
This is really sad. I had always hoped he would turn out as the class act I think he could and should have been. He has always seemed like a really decent guy.

A lot of people have written on here about him being a sick note etc. However he just made a bad start with Gus who in my opinion sent him out on loan too early. Then a hernia, broken foot and the ligament damage were defined injuries that could have happened to anyone. He (and we) have undoubtedly been unlucky- but he's never a sick note.

Very sad and a big loss....

It's very sad to see any player go through what he has injury-wise, but he chose to go out on loan - Gus himself said he wanted WH to stay and fight for his place. And since a sicknote is someone who's always injured, I'd say that's exactly what he is. Vicente comes in for 10x the stick Hoskins has but he's played (and contributed) twice as much. I genuinely wish him all the best with his recovery and hope he gets back to playing at a decent level - but as he's barely played for 2 seasons, I don't see him being a "big loss".

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good player who has had piss poor luck since he joined. Wish him all the best if he does take the decision to retire but still hope he can come back and show his worth

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
T'would be a shame if he had no chance again. No player deserves that utter robbing of opportunity. Hope he gets well and looks to study coaching theoretically and intensely whilst he's working out whether he can make some kind of a playing return again.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He wouldn't get his contract paid up AND the insurance, surely?

The insurance will pay up his contract in form of a compensation agreed package......he wouldn't get both no.

I still think he may come through it, just not with us it seems.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not sure why people have to add insults i.e put him down, worst signing ever etc. Comments such as those are the last thing he would want to hear, even in jest. Supporters eh?

Before he came to the Albion his injury record was fine. He has simply been cursed whilst being here. With that he has only been able to show glimpses of any kind of class.

I wish him all the best in whatever he does next.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Do feel sorry for Hoskins but surely its about time the doctors/surgeons told him to call it a day.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
It'll be sad if this happens, he may not have played much, but two good (although they had no impact) goals against Cardiff and Newcastle.

He's not a sicknote in my books, a sicknote is when one player has the same recurring injury that won't go away. Hoskins has had such bad luck with a hernia, a broken foot and a torn ACL.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Feel very sorry for him, seen him about a few times and spoke to him at a friendly last year and he is a real nice lad, be such q shame if he has to retire because he is a real quality player and its a shame at that age for any player to retire. Some heartless buffoons on here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here