Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] horsham away to Barnsley in fa cup

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Was this thread more lively than the football?
Probably true but in all honesty being Sussex born and bred I would support any of the county teams in FA Cup apart from Crawley

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I agree, that plus the amateur/semi pro status, you’ve got to love these clubs.
These clubs, especially Horsham have suffered for years yet still achieve great things.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobody seems to have mentioned that Brighton former youngster Shamir Fenelon (nee Goodwin) was playing for Horsham. Ish. Subbed off.

Quite a lot of 'no surrender' chanting. Couldn't tell whether this was to the IRA or to IKEA. Enunciate, FFS. :facepalm:

Jun 2, 2023
Cracking atmosphere at the ground. Felt lucky to be there.
Yes, Barnsley won the game after 10 minutes, as nerves in the Horsham team and gulf in quality showed through...let's not forget, most of Horsham's team had been at work earlier in the day. Even taking them back to Hop Oast for a replay in was the big win. It was amazing seeing the TV crew pitch side, and a sea of yellow and green around the ground.
The Hornets are still in the FA trophy, going deep in the Sussex Senior, and in the play off hunt in the league, so hardly a disaster.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Nobody seems to have mentioned that Brighton former youngster Shamir Fenelon (nee Goodwin) was playing for Horsham. Ish. Subbed off.

Quite a lot of 'no surrender' chanting. Couldn't tell whether this was to the IRA or to IKEA. Enunciate, FFS. :facepalm:
A few other ex-Albion academy lads there too. Barker and Myles-Meekums for sure, there may have been others.

It does go to show how hard it is to make it at the top level. You can have lads in the same U23 team, one will make it to the PL and the next playing part time in the 7th tier.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A few other ex-Albion academy lads there too. Barker and Myles-Meekums for sure, there may have been others.

It does go to show how hard it is to make it at the top level. You can have lads in the same U23 team, one will make it to the PL and the next playing part time in the 7th tier.
Although one fewer today:-

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Excellent, setting up what I, and doubtless I alone, shall call the "Mole Valley line derby"

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looks like I won't be going to Hastings United v Horsham on the 2nd after all. :giggle:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great win for the Hornets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here