Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hopefully the end of Connolly

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Maupay going thru poor spell but over last year gave many CBs a hard time and was a handful. Could say same about Trossard. Apart from first game I have never come away from a game thinking Connelly gave CBs a tough game

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I trust the coaching staff to know what works with him more than a random fan. There was actually a lot to praise about what he did in that miss, his movement, his positioning he just ****ed up one thing badly. So maybe they were praising the other aspects so he keeps his head up and keeps getting in the right positions. I doubt they were clapping and praising him for missing, but you think that if it suits your agenda

You do make me laugh sometimes. I wonder if they all applaud if he manages to lift the toilet seat up before he has a piss :clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Please tune in to Arsenal tv. Over the forty odd years I've been supporting BHA we are by and large very accepting of shite in all disguises: players, performances, results and facilities.

You're kidding me, fam.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
But why such an angry negative title against a good honest young player who’s just starting his career?

Does his honesty and goodness score goals? I think this thread is just focused on that.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Well well - the tables have really turned -

Hughton was castigated for not playing Connolly 2 years ago and sending him out on loan to Luton - Connolly was going to be sold to a top 4 club after the game against Spurs - and dare I mention the fact that I had Connolly down the list of Irish strikers.

Time to get real - Connolly is still a kid - he still has a lot of maturing to do - he has a lot of potential but the jury is still out on whether he will fulfill that potential. I still regard Connolly as a very good prospect and I am optimistic that he will become a very good PL player. Has he scored a lot of goals - no - but then again - Brighton haven't been exactly setting the world on fire in the goal-scoring stakes. Since Potter was appointed the team has barely averaged a goal a game (not much better than when Hughton was here). People really need to temper their expectations and give the kid time - judge him in 3/4 years.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Connolly is not shit some of the rubbish I've read about him being worse than Tiltman or other useless strikers we've had is nonsense. But, he's not ready to lead the line for a PL team. For his sake as much as anyone's he needs a championship loan to toughen up, improve his movement and work on his finishing. I thought he'd come on for last season but he hasn't really and we risk ruining a real prospect by asking too much too soon.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Connolly is not shit some of the rubbish I've read about him being worse than Tiltman or other useless strikers we've had is nonsense. But, he's not ready to lead the line for a PL team. For his sake as much as anyone's he needs a championship loan to toughen up, improve his movement and work on his finishing. I thought he'd come on for last season but he hasn't really and we risk ruining a real prospect by asking too much too soon.

Maybe to Derby as their manager wasnt a bad striker and Rosenior could look after him. Assuming thats still the setup as havent looked recently

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Maybe to Derby as their manager wasnt a bad striker and Rosenior could look after him. Assuming thats still the setup as havent looked recently

Good shout. The kid has the tools. He is seriously quick, carries the ball well and plays off the shoulder. What he can't do currently is find the pockets of space, make quick runs and hit the target consistently. These are skills needed if you want to be top class but they need to be honed by playing week in week out in a league where chances come along more often and his learns by playing. If he goes to the Championship and can't score then we accept that he hasn't progressed as we hoped and move him on. But for me he has more chance of becoming a top PL player than say Maupay who doesn't have a real outstanding attribute even though on form he's decent at most things..

Giving him one game in five or playing him wide for the last 10 mins isn't helping to develop him. Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forward...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Not a hope a championship club would come in for him. Needs to start at bottom so maybe Crawley

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not a hope a championship club would come in for him. Needs to start at bottom so maybe Crawley

just love the way the experts on here can spot something so obvious that the experts at the club are missing

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Forget "at the moment" excuses. Connolly's had 30+ first team matches to prove his abilty!

its not just him Welbeck was nearly crowded out by 2 of his own team when he scored , thank fek he got the ball over the line before solly or aj got there.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Do we even have a striking coach? I'd be inclined to ask whether Zamora would fancy joining the coaching staff, or perhaps using Murray as a player/coach.

Unfortunately, I don't think we have much of a choice other than to work with what we have. We are haemorrhaging money and I doubt Bloom will be pulling out a huge signing anytime soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here