[Albion] Hopefully the end of Connolly

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
It seems to me that 'random fans' can see a lot more about Connolly than the coaching staff. He runs around like a dog with acid on its bollocks and gets lucky very, very occasionally and scores a goal. He should be nowhere near the first team. He will be (or should be) sent back to the stiffs to free up a place in the 25. No amount of nonsense from you can make Connolly anything more than an overpaid, overrated non scoring forward.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I don't really agree with you but this post is very amusing. i don't know why I'm telling you this.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Really? Bit stoopid of them if that's the case.

I suppose if you had the opportunity to read the direct feedback on your performance at work by about 1000 people, plus you had approx 13 hours leisure time per day, it's hard to imagine you wouldn't succumb to the temptation.

The idea, that they are all just somehow above it, is pretty fanciful

My guess is that they have ongoing jokes they make with each other in training about what particular posters say about them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It seems to me that 'random fans' can see a lot more about Connolly than the coaching staff. He runs around like a dog with acid on its bollocks and gets lucky very, very occasionally and scores a goal. He should be nowhere near the first team. He will be (or should be) sent back to the stiffs to free up a place in the 25. No amount of nonsense from you can make Connolly anything more than an overpaid, overrated non scoring forward.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

You look a bit silly here. He doesn’t need to free up a space in the 25 as he is not named in it

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So we want to consider ourselves the equal of some of the clubs whose fans feel entitled to win and so are very abusive ? Well I don't. There were two teams out there this afternoon and one was a lot better than the other , that's not to say we were good but there are at least 4 teams who play worse than us. If we can start scoring we will move up the table. Yes that's a big IF but we are still a lot better than a lot of the Hughton games. Luck, fine margins and questionable decisions have not on balance been in our favour this season.

I’m not sure whether you’ve completely misunderstood my post, or I’ve misunderstood yours, but my post was simply pointing out that all clubs have their own groups of idiotic fans, and we’re absolutely no different. It’s not about comparing fans and their sense of entitlement, it’s just a fact really.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's the attitude. Destroy a young players confidence.

I’d hope he’s not that fragile. Jes, know players are wrapped in cotton wool but he is an adult...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They blatantly do.

In which case, stop reading and start scoring! Every moment should be training. Totally unprofessional to be on here picking through fans opinions and no doubt only registering the negative ones as per human psychology. IMO, naturally.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I’m not sure whether you’ve completely misunderstood my post, or I’ve misunderstood yours, but my post was simply pointing out that all clubs have their own groups of idiotic fans, and we’re absolutely no different. It’s not about comparing fans and their sense of entitlement, it’s just a fact really.

Your post was the best to make a general reply to. All clubs have fans who bitch about things but those fanbases with a sense of entitlement have more. Point i was making is we seem to be moving into that territory rapidly. Some of the comments about Connolly are way out of order , too many fans thinking everyone is going to be a Mo Salah. The guy works hard, kind of reminds of the abuse March was getting and still does even though he has been very good this year. The point is not/was not aimed at you personally.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Your post was the best to make a general reply to. All clubs have fans who bitch about things but those fanbases with a sense of entitlement have more. Point i was making is we seem to be moving into that territory rapidly. Some of the comments about Connolly are way out of order , too many fans thinking everyone is going to be a Mo Salah. The guy works hard, kind of reminds of the abuse March was getting and still does even though he has been very good this year. The point is not/was not aimed at you personally.

Gotcha :thumbsup:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In which case, stop reading and start scoring! Every moment should be training. Totally unprofessional to be on here picking through fans opinions and no doubt only registering the negative ones as per human psychology. IMO, naturally.

Every moment should training. ha ha

Our physios would be busy

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
His movement's good, stretches defenses, works hard closing down but, look's like he's low confidence in front of goal and ultimately that's what he's paid to do, stick it in the onion bag.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Where Connelly has been very lucky is that he didnt have a long loan at a Div 1/2 Club. If he had may well have found not even up to that standard and would never have played a PL game

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It’s a lot for a young player like Connolly to go straight from u23 football to an established PL player. He’s been thrust in really last year as we had no other options. He did ok but the club hasn’t really improved the forward options by much we have swapped Murray for welbeck. We now have an off form and unfocused Mupaay, Connolly off form and a young Swiss striker who played as a wing back.
We all know we glaringly need a CF to support welbeck and maybe give Connolly a chance to get out on loan for the 2nd half of the season where he maybe able to sharpen his skills in front of goal.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Where Connelly has been very lucky is that he didnt have a long loan at a Div 1/2 Club. If he had may well have found not even up to that standard and would never have played a PL game

That’s just a daft thing to say, I think he’d benefit massively from going out to try and build his game by getting games on a consistent basis, I don’t think he’s anywhere near PL level at the moment but to be honest it’s not just him W ho can’t hit a barndoor, Maupay is in dreadful form, Ali J is just erratic, Trossard can’t shoot for toffee.. coincidence that ALL our attackers are struggling at the same time? Even Welbeck has missed massive key chances for us recently.

Easy to pick on Connolly but he’s not the one who cost 15m like many of our other currently barndoor attackers.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Desperately needs a loan to learn the game. If it's true that he turned down a loan move because he felt he was good enough for the Premier League then he needs to swallow his pride as he isn't at the moment.

He is only 20 and I still think he's really promising and will become an established Premier League player, hopefully with us, but he needs game time at a lower level. Look at the best English strikers at the moment (Rashford aside) - Kane, Vardy, Calvert-Lewin, Wilson, Ings and Abraham - they all started or had spells in the lower leagues. It is glaringly obvious he needs it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Desperately needs a loan to learn the game. If it's true that he turned down a loan move because he felt he was good enough for the Premier League then he needs to swallow his pride as he isn't at the moment.

He is only 20 and I still think he's really promising and will become an established Premier League player, hopefully with us, but he needs game time at a lower level. Look at the best English strikers at the moment (Rashford aside) - Kane, Vardy, Calvert-Lewin, Wilson, Ings and Abraham - they all started or had spells in the lower leagues. It is glaringly obvious he needs it.

Player says 'i am good enough i don't want to go out on loan ' and club just accept it, really???

Probably more like club or person at club considers loaning him out then realises it leaves us with just Maupay, club then changes mind and makes do. You cannot fault Connolly for effort , you falt the team to not play to his strength and you can fault the club for not having alternatives if he is not good enough. personally don't think he is worse than a lot of strikers in PL. Yesterday was just a very bad miss but even the best do it sometimes.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Player says 'i am good enough i don't want to go out on loan ' and club just accept it, really???

Probably more like club or person at club considers loaning him out then realises it leaves us with just Maupay, club then changes mind and makes do. You cannot fault Connolly for effort , you falt the team to not play to his strength and you can fault the club for not having alternatives if he is not good enough. personally don't think he is worse than a lot of strikers in PL. Yesterday was just a very bad miss but even the best do it sometimes.

This is exactly why people having a pop at Connolly shouldn’t be, he’s trying his best, it’s not his fault at 20 he’s starting up front for a PL team, we can’t loan him out because we have nowhere near enough no options up top. If we loaned him out we’d have 2 first team strikers, Welbeck, who’s had injury troubles in the past & Neal who is woefully out of form.

If anything, point fingers at recruitment as to why we are in the position where Connolly is having to start games and not being able to develop out on loan or in the u23, and by the way I’m aware a big money striker signing in the COVID financial situation isn’t straight forward, but it’s a gamble we are going to have to take at some stage.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Every moment should training. ha ha

Our physios would be busy

Training includes study. Not all physical. Players could be doing loads of other things to improve their game. Excludes PS mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports