[Albion] Hopefully the end of Connolly

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Pretty much spot on.
Regardless of if he makes it or not he definitely won't if people don't support him and all he gets is abuse. We must be getting a bad reputation for abusing players, it is probably hampering us getting new signings.
Murray, Barnes, Stephens, Gross, Webster, Ryan, March (and more) all good players whos performances never warrant the abuse they get.

Rubbish to say peoples opinions are abuse. Some players should se how West Ham crowds react to a couple of bad games thats what I call abuse. My opinion is Connelly apart from running around offers nothing for 90mins and find it hard to believe he stayed on and was selected over Welbeck

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Connolly is very effective against sides trying to play a high game against us. His finishing and awareness of those around him isn’t great but would hope it would improve.
Potter should have subbed him when they went down to 10 and started sitting back.

No he is not very effective at all. If his finishing and awareness of those around him 'isn't great' then he should be nowhere near the first team. He is not the answer to our goal scoring problems.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only NSC could hope for the end of one our own ****ing youth products. Grow up.

Indeed.

That [MENTION=1517]junior[/MENTION], a bit of a tit? Get rid!

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Can I just point out that Welbz wouldn’t have scored it either.

I’m not a massive fan of AC but the Tottenham hype was hilarious and total delusion. People saying he was the new Rooney and putting £20-£50m valuation on him. This is the reality. He can do a job but at his very, very best is an 8 goal a season striker that wins pens. Aka, Bollocks.

Zichiri should have come on and played in the middle, push AC out to the left and let him work the channel.

Anyway, I speak for myself but we are gash and deserve to go down. I’m not even bothered. Horrendous state that the PL is in with var etc. With any luck we might enjoy the game next season. Kind of hope potter stays too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rubbish to say peoples opinions are abuse. Some players should se how West Ham crowds react to a couple of bad games thats what I call abuse. My opinion is Connelly apart from running around offers nothing for 90mins and find it hard to believe he stayed on and was selected over Welbeck

But to be fair, they are a bunch of entiled cockney wankers who think they won the world cup. I'd not advocate we emulate them. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Disgraceful thread title.

And this.

Any way, the missus overcooked the broccoli this evening so I'll be off NSC for a few minutes while I pack her bags and get rid. Catch you all later. :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I trust the coaching staff to know what works with him more than a random fan. There was actually a lot to praise about what he did in that miss, his movement, his positioning he just ****ed up one thing badly. So maybe they were praising the other aspects so he keeps his head up and keeps getting in the right positions. I doubt they were clapping and praising him for missing, but you think that if it suits your agenda

It seems to me that 'random fans' can see a lot more about Connolly than the coaching staff. He runs around like a dog with acid on its bollocks and gets lucky very, very occasionally and scores a goal. He should be nowhere near the first team. He will be (or should be) sent back to the stiffs to free up a place in the 25. No amount of nonsense from you can make Connolly anything more than an overpaid, overrated non scoring forward.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Summed up his game today when he threw himself to ground and appealing for foul. Maybe word is getting round because ref took no notice

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Really can't be doing him any good at all playing in this side at the moment. Send him out on loan asap

Supposedly refused a loan in the summer. Better to off-load, I think.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm a bit surprised that people are talking about the abuse players receive - there's been no one in the ground for months! Where are they getting this abuse that is shattering their confidence? Surely a fan-less ground means players should feel more relaxed and able to make mistakes? I can't imagine the players read NSC and do they really pay that much attention to their twitter and instagram accounts? (if so get off them there's really no need). One of my biggest disappointments with Potter is this lack of confidence seemingly showing in the team.

They blatantly do.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Can I just point out that Welbz wouldn’t have scored it either.

I’m not a massive fan of AC but the Tottenham hype was hilarious and total delusion. People saying he was the new Rooney and putting £20-£50m valuation on him. This is the reality. He can do a job but at his very, very best is an 8 goal a season striker that wins pens. Aka, Bollocks.

Zichiri should have come on and played in the middle, push AC out to the left and let him work the channel.

Anyway, I speak for myself but we are gash and deserve to go down. I’m not even bothered. Horrendous state that the PL is in with var etc. With any luck we might enjoy the game next season. Kind of hope potter stays too.

This I agree with. Maybe not the spelling.

Zeqiri has a bit of height, but looks to have very little ability as a wide man

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My thoughts on Connolly.

People are totally disregarding his age in this conversation. Every minute we give him at this level is an investment in his future.

Having said that, we're shelling dozens of chances and we can't just always look 3 years down the line. We're balls deep in a relegation fight, right now.

The lad doesn't want to go down a league, fair enough.

How about this.......

What about 6 months for him in a mid to lower team in Serie A or Ligue 1 or the Bundesliga. He's still playing at a high level, he gets the chance to get minutes in a different footballing culture. He comes back with new experience under his belt. We try again next season.

BTW, the thread title is a disgrace. You don't wish bad things on your own players. With the limited exception of someone who clearly couldn't care less which isn't the case here.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If you think this sort of behaviour is exclusive to Brighton fans then you know very little about football.

So we want to consider ourselves the equal of some of the clubs whose fans feel entitled to win and so are very abusive ? Well I don't. There were two teams out there this afternoon and one was a lot better than the other , that's not to say we were good but there are at least 4 teams who play worse than us. If we can start scoring we will move up the table. Yes that's a big IF but we are still a lot better than a lot of the Hughton games. Luck, fine margins and questionable decisions have not on balance been in our favour this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports