Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Homophobic Chanting

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To be fair and to put into context:
We sung about Saville
We sung about them going down on their mother
We sung about them not having jobs

Who is the judge that says our chants are better than theirs?

Who is the arbiter of righteousness?
Several wrongs don’t make rights.
Some are against the law as discrimination.
Some are just ignorant.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
It's Yorkshire, they say what they like and they like what they bloody well say. What exactly did you expect?

no ones going to mention it on match of the day, they'd get the sack. Oh.
no one's going to mention anything on MOTD if you haven't heard ?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Leeds fans are vile scum on par with entitled Chelski, Manure and Pal@rse. Leeds fans are weeds, pathetic losers and I will be delighted if they get relegated. They are disgusting as are their stewards that could and should have gone in and taken them out one by one.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
I thought I’d chuck my twopenny worth in on this. At the start of the season I was making my way down to Southampton train station to travel to our home game against Newcastle. Coming towards me were a load of Man Utd fans who had just arrived for an early kickoff against Saints. As we passed one wag turned to me and shouted “F***ing Brighton knobhead!”

Now, as we had just beaten them up at Old Trafford in the previous week I really couldn’t resist my response :
“One, two, one, two, are you receiving? Over.” I shite.

Last edited:

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Replace it with a racist chant and it would be a different story.
Sorry Jack. Opinions and all that, but I couldn't give a flying f*** about any homophobic abuse at me. Do I find it offensive? No not really. Think we are a little wet behind the ears and a bit sensitive. No different from us with, Dirty Northern bastards etc...

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Weststander you are a dick.

Last edited:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I'm just surprised that anyone on here is surprised; every time I've been anywhere near Leeds' fans it's like entering a time-warp back to 1978.
I had to laugh a few years ago at The AMEX when about 30 of them were at the top of the steps to the coach park screaming "COME ON THEN, LET'S 'AVE IT...!!!" at a stream of Sussex OAPs and kids with mum and dad trying to find their park and ride bus... Tragic really.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry Jack. Opinions and all that, but I couldn't give a flying f*** about any homophobic abuse at me. Do I find it offensive? No not really. Think we are a little wet behind the ears and a bit sensitive. No different from us with, Dirty Northern bastards etc...
That isn’t the issue. The problem is who that abuse keeps away from football, not it being directed at people who have heard it all before

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah well. I thought this thread would be a great gesture of togetherness against discrimination in football. Turns out there’s a number who feel it’s ok and a laugh. Losing my faith a little in humanity with that if I’m honest. And no, it’s not ‘faux outrage’ it’s what’s right and wrong and what we shouldn’t be hearing in 2023. Shame.

We’re supposed to represent a county and City that call out this sort of shit 🙁
Don't. There are enough decent people who agree with you....we will never persuade the dinosaurs to retract their teeth....but it doesn't matter. The dinosaurs will die off and become extinct. That is the way of it.

When I was a lad it was commonplace for the educated middle class to be casually racist and vocally homophobic. These days, I know nobody who is educated and successful who has such attitudes (and I am talking about people I meet through work, not the friendship groups I select because they live in my echo chamber).

Keep stating the truth and calling out the bastards. You are on the right side of history. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
A bunch of Leeds fans, after the game, calling every Brighton fan they passed - including my teenage son - "Gay ****s".

West Yorkshire's finest old bill lining that road didn't give a shit despite plenty of people pointing it out to them. One copper in particular got quite arsey "I've told you three times (why we're not doing anything)" with one of ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here