Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Homophobic Chanting

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting point, some just do not find the boyfriend chants offensive, when others do. We can both agree that racist chanting is abhorrent.
I have a friend who has stopped going to football because of homophobic abuse

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness they have .moved a little, although obviously not even remotely fast enough.

On the way home I attempted to explain to Jnr their reaction to a goalkeeper wearing pink, the last time I was at Elland Road.

The best I could do was:-

'they were all so angry to start with they couldn't actually voice it - then they got into their stride".

Give it another 20 years and they might have evolved away from drawing on the walls.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Having misread the mood of the thread, I apologize for my joking comment which has caused a few select members to be unhappy.

I would like to make clear that homophobic and racist abuse is unacceptable in all forms and does need to be reported when seen inside of stadiums.
Edit: I retract my thanks for that post as subsequently you have shown you really don't get it.

I missed the snarky 'select members' too. Why the inferiority complex?

Last edited:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
"We can see you holding hands" is not offensive in the slightest. Let's be honest with ourselves here. It's been sung at us for years without any bother - to which we usually replied "you're too ugly to be gay!".

I suppose it is true that they are insinuating that we are gay and it is something we should be ashamed of... but surely this is the equivilent to them singing "we are homophobes, we are homophobes!". I only see this as egg on their faces really.

Homophobia has no place in football, just like racism and any other form of discrimination. I don't think any action is needed here, as this crowd from a less affluent and less educated region of England is simply embarrassing themselves here. Over time they will learn better, I'm sure of that.

I do find the faux outrage from people on this thread a little big cringe worthy though. I think it's important to remain grounded when there is quite clearly social engineering occurring which, for whatever reason, is instructing us to be offended by more and more things every day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s @spence and @goldstone - are you surprised…?! Just sums them up 👊
And guess what? Their reaction passed me by because....I have them on ignore.

There is no point confronting the truly stupid with their stupidity. If they have the balls to air their views in person, in public....well, the cowards won't will they?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"We can see you holding hands" is not offensive in the slightest. Let's be honest with ourselves here. It's been sung at us for years without any bother - to which we usually replied "you're too ugly to be gay!".

I suppose it is true that they are insinuating that we are gay and it is something we should be ashamed of... but surely this is the equivilent to them singing "we are homophobes, we are homophobes!". I only see this as egg on their faces really.

Homophobia has no place in football, just like racism and any other form of discrimination... but is this really discrimination? I don't think any action is needed, as this crowd from a less affluent and less educated region of England is simply embarrassing themselves here. Over time they will learn better, I'm sure of that.

I do find the faux outrage from people on this thread a little big cringe worthy though. I think it's important to remain grounded when there is quite clearly social engineering occurring which, for whatever reason, is instructing us to be offended by more and more things every day.
You have miss-read the room.

Why not start a poll about it? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's totally snowflake. I could not care less about it , never have never will. Get over it.
You and Spence, get a room.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Homophobia has no place in football, just like racism and any other form of discrimination. I don't think any action is needed here, as this crowd from a less affluent and less educated region of England is simply embarrassing themselves here. Over time they will learn better, I'm sure of that.

Well if being offended at “F***ing gay c*nt” and “ran away from an aids test” is being overly offended then SIGN ME UP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here