[Albion] Homophobic Chanting

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can start by closing that end for two games as a minimum. Then points.

So actually a fair bit…..

Just morons.
Exactly - and I felt it needed highlighting on here. But again, it won’t happen. It’s 2023 and I’m / most of our fans appreciate some ‘banter’ but homophobia is the same as racism. Would this thread be ‘dismissed’ as me being a snowflake if it was fans singing ‘town full of pakis’ at Leicester? Don’t think so. The fact it was audible on the stream I watched shows how many it was - disgusting imo.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Exactly - and I felt it needed highlighting on here. But again, it won’t happen. It’s 2023 and I’m / most of our fans appreciate some ‘banter’ but homophobia is the same as racism. Would this thread be ‘dismissed’ as me being a snowflake if it was fans singing ‘town full of pakis’ at Leicester? Don’t think so. The fact it was audible on the stream I watched shows how many it was - disgusting imo.
100% - there is literally nothing to like about them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Did you scream for a policeman?
This phrase was actually said by Liz Costa, who doesn’t use this site, to have a right of reply, when Diop made an obscene gesture to Brighton fans by grabbing his genitals, at Elland Road. He was given a red card for it.

You think it’s funny, but many others don’t.

The Grub

Nov 14, 2004
Hurstpierpoint
Maybe this was what they were singing about. 😂

Attachments

• BEDCD8C6-C184-4C7A-9DEB-8C139D156558.jpeg
    BEDCD8C6-C184-4C7A-9DEB-8C139D156558.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Having misread the mood of the thread, I apologize for my joking comment which has caused a few select members to be unhappy.

I would like to make clear that homophobic and racist abuse is unacceptable in all forms and does need to be reported when seen inside of stadiums.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry I have no problem at all with “we can see you holding hands” chants. Hang me

I used to quite enjoy “1-0 to the batty boys”

Put me down as seldom offended old school

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Having misread the mood of the thread, I apologize for my joking comment which has caused a few select members to be unhappy.

I would like to make clear that homophobic and racist abuse is unacceptable in all forms and does need to be reported when seen inside of stadiums.
Even in your apology , you have a dig by saying a few SELECT posters.
That isn’t an apology.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Even in your apology , you have a dig by saying a few SELECT posters.
That isn’t an apology.
I'm not having a dig at anyone, clearly a select few have voiced their views about my comment and and I'm saying sorry for causing unintended offense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here