Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Homophobic Chanting

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Yeah fair enough.

I'm more just tired and frustrated that general discrimination still appears to be casually accepted in football (and life in general of course) by more than just a small minority.
How do we tackle the homophobic views of Newcastle's new Saudi backed owners?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
I expect you aren’t gay, so it doesn’t really matter to you.
No but if I was, my boyfriend would know I was there so what's the problem. Get over it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What a strange bunch they are. The only fans that get off a train at Brighton take off their shirts and then tell everyone what county they come from - as for the men . . . .
It was a sweeping generalisation, as is the NSC way, but Yorkshire does seem to have more than its fair proportion of archaic people. Like an old colonial outpost.

Reactions: cjd

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Yeah so snowflake to care about other people and what’s right and wrong, god how abhorrent
Yep, I don't give a f*** about you how terrible is that!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No but if I was, my boyfriend would know I was there so what's the problem. Get over it.
If you arent gay, it's not about whether it offends you or not. At the end of the day homophobia absolutely has no place in society, whether it be at football, on the street or wherever, exactly the same as racism.

So basically, do one

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Yep, I don't give a f*** about you how terrible is that!

Quite shocked to see we have posters on NSC and fellow Brighton fans with attitudes like this.

You must be a very unhappy and insecure person to have such low empathy and awful attitudes towards others. Especially your fellow supporters and neighbours.

I do not get why it is suddenly such sn issue amomg our fan base. Been like it for many years and will always happen. I know that most gay friends I know would find it funny and think of how stupid their fans appear to be to have the brain cells that its all they can come up with. Thought the atmosphere was class across the board today from us and them scum.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Not wishing to derail this thread but when I cast my mind back to when I first started watching the Albion, as a kid, back in the late 60’s, I can’t recall any homophobic or racist chants (very few black players back then to explain the latter). It always seemed to be about “You’re gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in”, “ Harry Roberts is our mate” and “ Who’s your father referee?”

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The last few away games (that I have attended) where homophobic chanting was detected by our fans we replied with

"You're too ugly to be gay"

And the same "batty boys" chant

I can't comment on any recent away games since I haven't been recently.

Maybe you can help me out by telling me what happens these days?
Responses were the "you’re too ugly to be gay" chant followed by "you’re going down on your mother" and then a rendition of "your sister is your mother" - the last one I don’t get because that’s just for Norwich fans really.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
down on your boyfriend was actually a cracking response to our going down with the palace chant . It did shut us up tbf

People really shouldn’t look to be offended for others .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I do not get why it is suddenly such sn issue amomg our fan base. Been like it for many years and will always happen. I know that most gay friends I know would find it funny and think of how stupid their fans appear to be to have the brain cells that its all they can come up with. Thought the atmosphere was class across the board today from us and them scum.
Now substitute gay for black. It is the same hate crime according to law.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Quite shocked to see we have posters on NSC and fellow Brighton fans with attitudes like this.

You must be a very unhappy and insecure person to have such low empathy and awful attitudes towards others. Especially your fellow supporters and neighbours.
I am very happy and secure. I just don't care that I may get called a fu king gay **** or this, that or the other. If it shocks you then with your comments take a look at yourself and your insecurity. Time to move on.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Is being called a “f***ing gay c*nt” or running away from an AIDS test a laugh?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
No excuses - loud as ever on the stream from hundreds or thousands Leeds ‘fans’.

Holding hands and down on your boyfriend. Disgraceful and should be made an example of in the press (but doubt they will). f***ing scum.

Time to have games played behind closed doors if Leeds fans can’t behave.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I am very happy and secure. I just don't care that I may get called a fu king gay **** or this, that or the other. If it shocks you then with your comments take a look at yourself and your insecurity. Time to move on.
What about running away from an AIDS test? That’s pretty bad IMO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here