[Albion] Homophobic Chanting

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el punal

It's Yorkshire, they say what they like and they like what they bloody well say. What exactly did you expect?

no ones going to mention it on match of the day, they'd get the sack. Oh.
What a strange bunch they are. The only fans that get off a train at Brighton take off their shirts and then tell everyone what county they come from - as for the men . . . .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry I have no problem at all with “we can you holding hands” chants. Hang me

I used to quite enjoy “1-0 to the batty boys”

Put me down as seldom offended old school
I’m not gay or ‘personably’ offended by homophobia as such - but as a straight male of the 90s growing up, I feel it important to highlight it as a hate crime. I’m not saying I get on my high horse about it - I just feel it’s something we’ve moved on from tbh. No judging from me tho as you know 👍

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I’m not gay or ‘personably’ offended by homophobia as such - but as a straight male of the 90s growing up, I feel it important to highlight it as a hate crime. I’m not saying I get on my high horse about it - I just feel it’s something we’ve moved on from tbh. No judging from me tho as you know 👍
The last few away games (that I have attended) where homophobic chanting was detected by our fans we replied with

"You're too ugly to be gay"

And the same "batty boys" chant

I can't comment on any recent away games since I haven't been recently.

Maybe you can help me out by telling me what happens these days?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I mean what more can I do other than apologize for having said something I shouldn't have done, In a situation where I misread the mood.

I have been called out absolutely, and I'm not hiding from that
You do understand my post wasn’t ‘snowflake’ but to highlight this horrible discrimination still exists 🤷🏻‍♂️ As an example I called it out to my partner today and told her what they were singing - she was taken aback and disgusted - that’s how society should be - no matter what club you support no…?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry but I don’t give a shit what opposition fans chant about us all being gay :shrug:

I totally accept that I am out of step with 21st century outrage

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The last few away games (that I have attended) where homophobic chanting was detected by our fans we replied with

"You're too ugly to be gay"

And the same "batty boys" chant

I can't comment on any recent away games since I haven't been recently.

Maybe you can help me out by telling me what happens these days?
Wasn’t there today - but what has any response (ours are great btw) got to do with the original illegal and hate crime? Nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ve not experienced it for years thankfully - only time I did (and not acting a hard man as I’m not!) was Brentford away last year - one bloke - because we were singing in a pub - went mental at him tbh - he looked like the ground needed to swallow him up and said ‘just leave it’ over and over again 🤷🏻‍♂️ I get some people aren’t as confident as calling it out and that’s fine, but this 100% deserves its own thread on NSC - IT IS DISGUSTING IN 2023!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry but I don’t give a shit what opposition fans chant about us all being gay :shrug:
Would you mind if you heard racism form those all around you on Weds about Croydon being a very multicultural place?

You’re allowed your opinion and most of here know you’re a decent human - just playing devils advocate as to why this is wrong - take the Albion context out of you want and consider it 2 people in the street.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
You do understand my post wasn’t ‘snowflake’ but to highlight this horrible discrimination still exists 🤷🏻‍♂️ As an example I called it out to my partner today and told her what they were singing - she was taken aback and disgusted - that’s how society should be - no matter what club you support no…?
It's totally snowflake. I could not care less about it , never have never will. Get over it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sadly, that's Leeds for you.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I mean what more can I do other than apologize for having said something I shouldn't have done, In a situation where I misread the mood.

I have been called out absolutely, and I'm not hiding from that

Yeah fair enough.

I'm more just tired and frustrated that general discrimination still appears to be casually accepted in football (and life in general of course) by more than just a small minority.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You can start by closing that end for two games as a minimum. Then points.

So actually a fair bit…..

Just morons.
True but the PL doesn't have the balls to do that. Been obvious forever. Would damage the whole "very cool very fancy league" shit if they admit there's issues and try to do real solutions.

I was trying to be realistic, and the only realistic way of getting rid of it is through getting them relegated.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's totally snowflake. I could not care less about it , never have never will. Get over it.
In your opinion of course 😘

Remember when that snowflake Bong called out racism form Rodriguez - embarrassed the club 👍

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Got called a “f***ing gay ****” outside right in front of a PC, didn’t do anything and said he was there to “keep the peace” they don’t care. The police DO NOT care that was the 4th officer, I’d spoke to. They don’t care and blame the club. Absolutely pointless organisation.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah fair enough.

I'm more just tired and frustrated that general discrimination still appears to be casually accepted in football (and life in general of course) by more than just a small minority.
Worrying for the future eh…

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
True but the PL doesn't have the balls to do that. Been obvious forever. Would damage the whole "very cool very fancy league" shit if they admit there's issues and try to do real solutions.

I was trying to be realistic, and the only realistic way of getting rid of it is through getting them relegated.
That’s just passing the buck to the football league. It’s up to Paul Barber and the other CEOs to press for this.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
In your opinion of course 😘

Remember when that snowflake Bong called out racism form Rodriguez - embarrassed the club 👍
Yes I do and that was individual racism to an individual where as the Brighton gay thing is a generalisation who cares! As I said before get over it. Unfortunately being a 90' s child you know it all so be proud that you have an opinion on everything but you actually know nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports