Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobia in football

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Guy Lloyd is a TV and Radio presenter. I think he's on Latest TV. So I guess he's doing it here as it's local.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Guy Lloyd is a TV and Radio presenter. I think he's on Latest TV. So I guess he's doing it here as it's local.

Really?

Well Guy, us Brighton fans have as much interest in gay issues as most other football fans, very little as we are more interested in the football. But......we do enjoy a bit of gay banter as it makes us a little different from everyone else up and down the country and allows us a few unique songs. End of discussion, you do not need to turn up now, bye :wave:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Now. If it was Tatiana Sanchez.......

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
50% of Brighton fans are gay according to some sources which shall remain nameless.

I'm wondering which 50% of me is gay now, or can I choose?

Anyway Guy I'll be in the usual cubicle at 6pm.

Regards
John Fitzpatrick x

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
http://www.guylloyd.co.uk/biography/

"I like nothing more than talking about me. If someone else is talking to me, chances are my eyes will glaze over and I’ll start trying to steer the conversation back to me."

Bearing this in mind, I'm not entirely sure Guy will be inundated with people wishing to talk.

http://www.guylloyd.co.uk/im-a-girls-man/

"I have a very strong feminine side (you may have seen some photos) and I’m often mistaken for being gay. My wife, on first meeting me, was convinced I was gay. This may have been the make-up and the Spice Girls T-Shirt but many people have been fooled without the get-up. So yes, I’m not a man’s man. I love watching football and I’m very proud of my reverse parking but if push came to shove, I’d rather paint my nails with the girls."

On the other hand...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Sorry, I'm washing my hair.

That, and I don't believe there's any link between my sexuality and my support of the Albion. They are two seperate parts of my life, neither with any bearing on the other and I would no more expect to discuss my sexuality at a football match than I'd expect to discuss Star Trek at a Bruce Springsteen gig (to use two other link-free facets of my life).

Jan 30, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm shooting a documentary about homophobia in football and I'm outside the ground tomorrow wanting to I interview fans about their experiences. I'm outside the ground from 12.30-1.30 if anyone is interested, please message me on here.

Thanks,

Guy Lloyd
:safeway:
regards
DR

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I would do an interview about Homophobia but if I did, then my boyfriend wound know I'm there and therefore ruin the opportunity for opposing fans to chant the question of if my boyfriend knew I was there!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My message to Guy Lloyd would be

This issue should be tackled at the very top end of football, so I would politely suggest that he should be contacting Premiership Clubs and doing his interviews there. Alternatively contact us again next year when hopefully we will be in the Premiership.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here