Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway on south east today

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Reading? They really weren't that good - i certainly wouldn't put them much above Brighton or Palace from this year. Before Christmas they were distinctly 'mid-table' average.

southampton

and we lost to palace because we were crap on the night , they came out for the second half with the attitude of "45 minutes to go , let's have it" we came out with the attitude of " what do we do now" Buckley,for me was the single most frustrating player on the night, trying all his step overs and intricate little flicks and turns that failed time after time........zaha murdered inigo just like he did 2nd half of friday's game....... bridders was forced to have one eye on calderon's back throughout the game...when bolaise and moritz came on we seemed to visibly crumple in my opinion.........holloway can say what he wants about the other stuff but at the end of the day , we didn't show up and that is a rather irritating and unfortunate fact...........we have lacked balls at some stages in the season........this was one of them...!!!

albionite

May 20, 2009
Do people really believe we lost because the palace players decided to win because poo pissed them off?

Im sure they came down to the Amex saying I can't be bothered tonight we will let Brighton win, until they saw the poo and it changed their thinking.

Nothing to do with the fact that we couldn't break them down or take our chances.

London Eagle

May 7, 2013
No that is just crap!

Holloway was just being a dick and more then likely trying to rub salt in the wound! (i hope he hasnt spoke to soon- monday is the big one)

Thought it was a great game and Jules save from barnes was a turning point for us, if Williams had scored early in the 2nd half we would have crumbled!

Direct Dave

Oct 26, 2011
Maybe Mr Holloway's statements will come back to haunt him, when hopefully one day the truth will come out regarding the changing room incident.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Anyone who believes that the crap incident in the dressing room 'did Holloway's team talk for him' and that it influenced the game in any way is a gullible idiot. All the "Zaha was so incensed by it that I didn't need to fire him up." is just more bullshit from the mouth of Holloway trying to curry favour with Palace fans too blind to see him for what he is. The bloke's a travelling one man circus, and I'm very happy for him to be in charge of a club wholly deserving of such an odious individual. The crap in the dressing room no more affected the result than the 'lucky' pair of blue and white slingbacks I wore to the match that evening.

Exactly. Well said.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I still believe that finding excrement in your dressing room would fire you up. It would me. You'd be thinking...' these idiots aren't going to get to me, I'll show them '...you'd be disgusted and angry at the same time.
Of course there were other factors on the night but the excrement issue would have played a part. Those that are saying it played no part at all are perhaps inexperienced at dressing room environments and don't appreciate the ' all for one ' mentality that prevails at moments like these.
Kenwynne Jones went raving mad the other day re the pigs head incident and went seeking retribution. Thats just one individual with steam coming out of his ears. We are talking about 11 blokes on a football field, fired up and determined to win every challenge.
It does make a difference.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Anyone who believes that the crap incident in the dressing room 'did Holloway's team talk for him' and that it influenced the game in any way is a gullible idiot. All the "Zaha was so incensed by it that I didn't need to fire him up." is just more bullshit from the mouth of Holloway trying to curry favour with Palace fans too blind to see him for what he is. The bloke's a travelling one man circus, and I'm very happy for him to be in charge of a club wholly deserving of such an odious individual. The crap in the dressing room no more affected the result than the 'lucky' pair of blue and white slingbacks I wore to the match that evening.

Will I be the first to admit to being a gullible idiot, then. I totally disagree with you. I posted something along the lines of what Holloway said elsewhere before he said it. The moron who did this couldn't have done more to motivate the opposition and cast a cloud over the home dressing room.

Direct Dave

Oct 26, 2011
Will I be the first to admit to being a gullible idiot, then. I totally disagree with you. I posted something along the lines of what Holloway said elsewhere before he said it. The moron who did this couldn't have done more to motivate the opposition and cast a cloud over the home dressing room.

A cloud was cast over the home dressing room the other week, I believe it may have been cast by a twisted away team who through wild accusations caused a disruption within Brightons calm camp.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I still believe that finding excrement in your dressing room would fire you up. It would me. You'd be thinking...' these idiots aren't going to get to me, I'll show them '...you'd be disgusted and angry at the same time.
Of course there were other factors on the night but the excrement issue would have played a part. Those that are saying it played no part at all are perhaps inexperienced at dressing room environments and don't appreciate the ' all for one ' mentality that prevails at moments like these.
Kenwynne Jones went raving mad the other day re the pigs head incident and went seeking retribution. Thats just one individual with steam coming out of his ears. We are talking about 11 blokes on a football field, fired up and determined to win every challenge.
It does make a difference.

I am sure a lot of what you say is true, but the thing I don't understand and you maybe be able to enlighten me, Why did it not fire Palace up until the second half?
Their first half display certainly lacked the I'll show them attitude you mention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here