Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway on south east today

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Anyone who believes that the crap incident in the dressing room 'did Holloway's team talk for him' and that it influenced the game in any way is a gullible idiot. All the "Zaha was so incensed by it that I didn't need to fire him up." is just more bullshit from the mouth of Holloway trying to curry favour with Palace fans too blind to see him for what he is. The bloke's a travelling one man circus, and I'm very happy for him to be in charge of a club wholly deserving of such an odious individual. The crap in the dressing room no more affected the result than the 'lucky' pair of blue and white slingbacks I wore to the match that evening.
Spot on. If the Palace team needed an incident like this to motivate them for such a big game then what does that say about Holloways motivational skills!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Albion are kind of my second team but im more of a neutral than most on here.

I find it ridiculous that some of you are blaming your loss on this turd incident.

You clearly had ran out of steam. Every move you tried seemed to fail because there were Palace players covering every area. They ran round the pitch faster than you did giving them effectively more men. Fact is Poyet has never had a plan B, and you needed one last week of that theres no doubt.

My team went up as runners up a year ago and the level we were at then was a cut above both Palace and Brighton this season, and we still struggled to get used to the Prem. Neither team deserve to go up and neither will.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I think Holloway done it, He saw how scared his team where coming to the Amex, so He had to think of A plan to fire his team up, so He decided to take A dump in the changing room and blame it on us :shit:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Spot on. If the Palace team needed an incident like this to motivate them for such a big game then what does that say about Holloways motivational skills!

exactly, he's putting himself down with the crap he's spouting!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
You clearly had ran out of steam. Every move you tried seemed to fail because there were Palace players covering every area.

I would agree with you, except on the Friday in the first half we looked great. Full of energy and ideas, and creating chances we failed to finish (no names no pack drill).

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I would agree with you, except on the Friday in the first half we looked great. Full of energy and ideas, and creating chances we failed to finish (no names no pack drill).

and then played again 3 days later when the season really took its toll. I do think there was a large element of complacency from you also last week. Shame. It's gonna be painful viewing on Monday. What could of been.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
and then played again 3 days later when the season really took its toll. I do think there was a large element of complacency from you also last week. Shame. It's gonna be painful viewing on Monday. What could of been.

Something happened between Friday and Monday. It was hard not to be complacent to a degree. We showed we were the better team on the Friday (in my opinion) but Monday was a different story. As you say - what could have been.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Anyone who believes that the crap incident in the dressing room 'did Holloway's team talk for him' and that it influenced the game in any way is a gullible idiot. All the "Zaha was so incensed by it that I didn't need to fire him up." is just more bullshit from the mouth of Holloway trying to curry favour with Palace fans too blind to see him for what he is. The bloke's a travelling one man circus, and I'm very happy for him to be in charge of a club wholly deserving of such an odious individual. The crap in the dressing room no more affected the result than the 'lucky' pair of blue and white slingbacks I wore to the match that evening.
Should be a couple of interesting games next season should Watford do the decent thing and stuff Palace

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough

The voice of reason,no one will find a post by me that has been negative about Gus,I have battered the boring "Return of the Rev" about his hate campaign and I will still miss him next season.
We lost because Gus got it wrong at Scumhurst,allowing us to be pushed back in the second half when Calderon was under pressure and on a yellow,
we played too deep at Falmer(although Calderon was my m.o.t.m.)and invited pressure.Starting with LuaLua and Buckley and a team set to score would have got us through,Gus seemed to be playing for the penalty shoot out.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
So Spironi wouldn't have got his hand to the ball from AB if someone hadn't have shit in the changing rooms? Ffs

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't understand why Holloway doesn't get at least some begruging credit for the way he got his side to play in the second half on Monday. I went to both legs - and it was extremely tight until that final (& fateful) 45 minutes. We can speculate forever more about what our team or manager might have done to counter the problems that Palace posed, but it really don't count for a hill o' beans anymore. In the end, somebody was gonna miss out on a visit to Wembly: and unfortunately it was us. :shrug:

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Wasn't a day out at Wembley and a potential place in the Premiership incentive enough then? or did it really take a pile of shit on the floor to motivate the palace players? The reality is, we didn't turn up on the day, they wanted it more than us, and they beat us fair and square. Shit or no shit, all 22 players should have been fired up for this, and we weren't.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think Holloway done it, He saw how scared his team where coming to the Amex, so He had to think of A plan to fire his team up, so He decided to take A dump in the changing room and blame it on us :shit:

I think you are a brave man for posting that, but I am sure the thought may have crossed a lot of minds.

Last edited:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The voice of reason,no one will find a post by me that has been negative about Gus,I have battered the boring "Return of the Rev" about his hate campaign and I will still miss him next season.
We lost because Gus got it wrong at Scumhurst,allowing us to be pushed back in the second half when Calderon was under pressure and on a yellow,
we played too deep at Falmer(although Calderon was my m.o.t.m.)and invited pressure.Starting with LuaLua and Buckley and a team set to score would have got us through,Gus seemed to be playing for the penalty shoot out.

Yes well did he not have Brez as the reserve keeper in case of penalties ? Just a thought !!!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Yes indeed. The cretin ( no thats too kind )..the sub-human responsible has cost the club, potentially, a minimum of £63 million pounds. Thats what you get next season for finishing bottom of the PL.
We had the pyschological upper hand on Palace after the first leg. We were in the ascendancy. They were coming down to the Amex, where we had recently hammered them. Any advantage was chucked away by this individuals actions. It clearly fired Palace up to a level where they played out of their skins.
Yes, the winner still had to get past Watford but that game is a 50-50 shot and the wide open spaces of Wembley would have suited us.
Why has the culprit not been caught? How many individuals are allowed to roam around areas as sensitive as dressing rooms? And if there is tight security, surely the potential suspect can be whittled down quickly.
This act was disgusting and despicable. The actions of a warped and sick mind and we are all counting the cost. The frightening aspect of all of this is that it could have been a bloody bomb planted in the visitors changing room.
Seems the wide open spaces will suit Palace and Watford at Wembley as well Mo....seeing as our pitch is the same size and they both beat us on that pitch size....yes we did win against Palace in the league match and we did beat Watford at their place...

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Albion are kind of my second team but im more of a neutral than most on here.

I find it ridiculous that some of you are blaming your loss on this turd incident.

You clearly had ran out of steam. Every move you tried seemed to fail because there were Palace players covering every area. They ran round the pitch faster than you did giving them effectively more men. Fact is Poyet has never had a plan B, and you needed one last week of that theres no doubt.

My team went up as runners up a year ago and the level we were at then was a cut above both Palace and Brighton this season, and we still struggled to get used to the Prem. Neither team deserve to go up and neither will.

Reading? They really weren't that good - i certainly wouldn't put them much above Brighton or Palace from this year. Before Christmas they were distinctly 'mid-table' average.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here