Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway getting sacked ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
How many matches in the last 30 or so have they won? 4 or 5 (inc two in play-offs)?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In Premier League terms Palace have a shit ground and they pay poorly. They also have a Prem track record of consistent failure. It's no surprise they failed to bring in any quality, so it's no surprise they're in this predicament.

Fulham was supposed to be a "winnable" match for them. The gulf in class in that second half was truly shocking.

This is a textbook season for all those Championship clubs on how NOT to do promotion.

To be fair, we also showed how not to do promotion. By not doing it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You fail to acknowledge he has blown at least half this seasons money on 16 bang average players who will suck the parachute payments away when they go down. They havent spent anywhere near enough on the ground. Im Delighted to say I really think Palace have blown the chance and expect further xmas panic buying to make it worse still. They also certainly cant afford QPR style dealings next season even with parachute payments.

Absolutely this. QPR are on for around a 30-40 million loss this year, even with the parachute payment. No way are Palace going to be able to finance that sort of team. They are more likely to do a Wolves or, if they're lucky, a Blackburn or Bolton.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How many matches in the last 30 or so have they won? 4 or 5 (inc two in play-offs)?

Quick Google shows 9 wins in 34 competitive games this calendar year, including FA Cup, Play-Offs and 8 Premier League fixtures. Pretty shit record really.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Here's one to ponder.
If Saturday were Brighton v Palace at the Amex, what would be the result?
You must assume current form, injuries, availability, staff etc, all remain as their are, not allowed to have Ulloa scoring a hattick or anything.

My guess would be 0-0

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I saw a long-haired blond with a tight **** at a poer lunch in Brighton recently. Can't think was Parrish was discussing with Paul Barber.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Holloway has won 4 times since the St. Patrick's Day massacre, he just won when it mattered. Sacking him is pointless though, they just don't have the players...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Holloway has won 4 times since the St. Patrick's Day massacre, he just won when it mattered. Sacking him is pointless though, they just don't have the players...

Indeed there is nothing Palace can do until January.

At that point they can boot out their 2 loanees, loan back Zaha, add Murray to the squad, and sign an expensive midfielder, and expensive central defender.

That will improve them, but it'll be too little, too late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here