Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway getting sacked ?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Holloway is a chump, though if/when he gets the chop he'll be back managing a Championship team in no time, with his play-off/promotion record. He just can't cut it at Premier League level.

Note to his next chairman: Give him a short-term contract until the end of the season.

I'd rather stay in the championship than have that dick representing my club.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just been looking on their forum boards, seems Holloway had a high degree of abuse from some of the locals. The general consensus is that they think Holloway has no idea but have no idea who could do a better job with what they have got. They look like Rats fighting in a barrel. Maybe mid table Championship mediocrity is not so bad...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wel he's just been interviewed by Sky and he's stil in a job. Until the morning when they talk again at least...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
@KellyGerrish: To me it sounds an awful lot like Olly may have handed in his resignation and been told to sleep on it. #cpfc (retweeted by nick szczepanik)

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
A new manager would want to spend money on a new squad squad though.
I reckon they're quite happy in freefall, spending as little as possible but keeping the premiership money and parachute payments.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I can't believe how much Sky's lot are sucking up to Holloway and Palace-it's nauseating.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I can't believe how much Sky's lot are sucking up to Holloway and Palace-it's nauseating.

Their HF 'ultras' are obviously behind him! Got a proper laugh at the cringy black hoods! Utter mugs!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I can understand the fans anger though. Yes, he won them promotion, but with the money from that promotion they could have got some players that could keep them up. I think so far from what I have seen is that Jedinak has been solid, his long balls have been pretty shit.

But I think Blackpool exposed weakness in Holloway's management, and Palace has completely showed him up. Their form from the end of last season to now (admittedly, different league but they've had time to bring in some new players) has been appalling. He completely rode of the back of Freedman, who's now doing a superb job at Bolton, it's astonishing they've got to where they are and I mean this in a non-patronising anti-Palace way, I'm trying to be neutral. But with the squad they had last season, it's an achievement.

But where are they going to get points from now? The premier league has been a crazy one this season, if Arsenal played how they did against Norwich against Palace..well, we all know what'll happen.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I can understand the fans anger though. Yes, he won them promotion, but with the money from that promotion they could have got some players that could keep them up.

Making so many mediocre signings always looked risky, he needed to bring in 3 or 4 of quality. Got little sympathy, he was given funds and went at it like a 5 year old in a sweet shop.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I can understand the fans anger though. Yes, he won them promotion, but with the money from that promotion they could have got some players that could keep them up. I think so far from what I have seen is that Jedinak has been solid, his long balls have been pretty shit.

But I think Blackpool exposed weakness in Holloway's management, and Palace has completely showed him up. Their form from the end of last season to now (admittedly, different league but they've had time to bring in some new players) has been appalling. He completely rode of the back of Freedman, who's now doing a superb job at Bolton, it's astonishing they've got to where they are and I mean this in a non-patronising anti-Palace way, I'm trying to be neutral. But with the squad they had last season, it's an achievement.

But where are they going to get points from now? The premier league has been a crazy one this season, if Arsenal played how they did against Norwich against Palace..well, we all know what'll happen.

1) Jedinak is their best player. The type we are missing at BHA.
2) It wasn't their fault that two teams who finished above them in the league, decided to hand them the play-offs on a plate. Fair play to Holloway for snatching his opportunity against two overrated managers who either weren't interested ( Poyet ) or didn't have the nous to cope with a pressurised situation ( Zola )
3) Freedman is also overrated. His innate caution ( like Poyet's ) cost Bolton dear last season and a string of draws robbed them of what should have been a play-off place. If Freedman had stayed at Palace he wouldn't have got them promoted.
4) It was a hell of an achievement to get promoted considering the wheels had come off at one stage. They had lost their talisman ( Murray ) but still had enough passion ( Holloway ) and flair ( Zaha and Bolassie ) to come through.

Holloway is a street fighter and drove his team through the play-offs. The idiots calling for his head may get their way today but they would be well advised to consider what he has achieved. He has earnt CPFC a minimum of £63m this season ( thats for finishing bottom ) On top of that, he has guaranteed them complete security for the next 3-4 years. Knowing, that if they get relegated, they can regroup and finance an immediate push back ( a la QPR ) He has given the directors finance to start on a ground redevelopment programme ( much needed and essential ) He has given them bragging rights over their fiercest rivals, with the biggest victory ever. No game ever meant more to the two clubs.
Palace may be in trouble in the PL ( no real surprise....imagine where we would be, had we been promoted! ) but they are in good shape as a result of Holloway's efforts. He may not be the right man for the way ahead but if he goes, his legacy will last for years.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Everyone knows that Palace were promoted " by accident" last season. Holloway is a plodder. His best work is done when he has a project and builds his team to get promoted. He found himself with a team in the Premier League without his best player ( Zaha ) and his most prolific scorer. By his own admission he "panicked" in the Jan window and somehow managed to weaken his squad by bringing in new players who are either journeymen or third rate. It is totally beyond him.

He will probably jump before being pushed but he won't stay for long. He knows the prem s a league too far for his peculiar brand of management mixed with shit jokes and a bumpkin accent.

You've been found out Wurzel..again. The next team you get promoted should sack you at the celebration drinks.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
As he stated last night that he is definitely the man to take them forward, his sacking is clearly imminent!

One does wonder whether he had a plan during the transfer window. All he seems to have done is sent a message loud and clear to the squad that got promotion that you are clearly not good enough and then replaced them others who appear to be not good enough either. He nearly kept Blackpool up when told that he had little money to spend, so maybe that was the wiser way forward. A new manager will want to spend, though. Cannot see this ending happily.

Idiotic reaction from some "fans" though - really, what did they expect?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Complaining that Fulham fans are disrespectful by singing "can we play you every week" :ffsparr:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
1) He has earnt CPFC a minimum of £63m this season ( thats for finishing bottom ) On top of that, he has guaranteed them complete security for the next 3-4 years. Knowing, that if they get relegated, they can regroup and finance an immediate push back ( a la QPR ) He has given the directors finance to start on a ground redevelopment programme ( much needed and essential )years.

You fail to acknowledge he has blown at least half this seasons money on 16 bang average players who will suck the parachute payments away when they go down. They havent spent anywhere near enough on the ground. Im Delighted to say I really think Palace have blown the chance and expect further xmas panic buying to make it worse still. They also certainly cant afford QPR style dealings next season even with parachute payments.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In Premier League terms Palace have a shit ground and they pay poorly. They also have a Prem track record of consistent failure. It's no surprise they failed to bring in any quality, so it's no surprise they're in this predicament.

Fulham was supposed to be a "winnable" match for them. The gulf in class in that second half was truly shocking.

This is a textbook season for all those Championship clubs on how NOT to do promotion.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
You fail to acknowledge he has blown at least half this seasons money on 16 bang average players who will suck the parachute payments away when they go down. They havent spent anywhere near enough on the ground. Im Delighted to say I really think Palace have blown the chance and expect further xmas panic buying to make it worse still. They also certainly cant afford QPR style dealings next season even with parachute payments.

I agree. And none of their players are attractive to other clubs at the moment, when they come to try and sell some off, which they will have to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here