Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway and Watford loans

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
This thread isn't about the strength of your squad it's about the hypocrisy of your manager.

But in any case, at the moment your squad is week shown by the fact you need 5 loans in order to provide cover/strength. If you were to go up and lose those loans it will be even weaker (even bearing in mind you keep Dobbie) .

I agree with Holloway you shouldn't be able to own 3 clubs and move players around,I don't agree with how he spouted it after a great comeback and turn around by our club on Friday night when e should of praised the spirit in the camp a bit more.
In fairness to him he mentioned it before the game too,this is a loop hole and I expect he football league will make a ruling against this some time soon.
5 loans is about right the same rule all clubs abide too Watford are exploiting this fair play to them but that doesn't mean it's right.
Going back to our poor squad ....injuries as I've stated we lost our whole midfield ,the same poor squad that thumped you (again)3-0 in December

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Going back to our poor squad ....injuries as I've stated we lost our whole midfield ,the same poor squad that thumped you (again)3-0 in December

The match we played with just one centre-back on the pitch for 82min, you mean?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He said what MILLIONS of people including a lot of managers have said previously! The fact that he said he had no idea about it until a few hours before the match says it all about what a prize dil-hole he is............. but carry on

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Good for Watford for exploiting it, didn't think they had a chance when they 1st signed them all, was looking at a relegation struggle for them

The result don't count then.
Sorry but that's tough and thats football what was the excuse last year?

Speroni saved you last year at Selhurst. That's not an excuse as apparently it is allowed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good for Watford for exploiting it, didn't think they had a chance when they 1st signed them all, was looking at a relegation struggle for them

The FL now realise that a loophole has been exploited and I expect a rule change in the off season will be implemented for the 2013/2014 season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The FL now realise that a loophole has been exploited and I expect a rule change in the off season will be implemented for the 2013/2014 season.

The trouble is, what will stop Udinese just sending some free transfers to their B team instead of loans? They could always transfer them back when required.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
He said what MILLIONS of people including a lot of managers have said previously! The fact that he said he had no idea about it until a few hours before the match says it all about what a prize dil-hole he is............. but carry on

I would say it's far more likely that he waited for an opportunity for when he was in front of the cameras with a lot of people watching to air his views. Plenty on here watched the match as it could end up being a vital result for Brighton too and look what happened, his comments have caused a right stir.

Giving off the cuff comments about Watford's loophole at a random time during the season would cause no controversy, his well timed comments mean Watford could deservedly find things more difficult next season which will only be good news for Palace and Brighton, should none of the clubs get promoted of course.

- - - Updated - - -

The trouble is, what will stop Udinese just sending some free transfers to their B team instead of loans? They could always transfer them back when required.

That's the positive, so to speak for Watford. I'm no expert but I would assume that the players could talk to anyone once they are "free transferred"? If they're happy to play for Watford then it shouldn't be a problem but I can imagine agents will tout their players around bigger clubs when their contract is terminated!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The match we played with just one centre-back on the pitch for 82min, you mean?

Don't forget the 7th choice 'left back' or the cheating dive to seal the win :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

I think you'll find Buckley's dive saved you last season .

There was only 1 dive that game : Zahas.Buckley was at least TOUCHED...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I think the rule change will limit the number of players that can be taken from another club in a season , likewise with transfers where the owner owns more than one club that are in different countries.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There was only 1 dive that game : Zahas.Buckley was at least TOUCHED...

The video evidence showed Zaha collapsing in the box when no contact had been made and he conned the ref. Buckley was given a nudge by the Palace player which the lino saw as a foul.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
i think thats only in one country or competiton. I believe thats why they brought into the spanish second tier Grenada and second teir Watford, as no chance (for a while) of them being in the same competition.

Makes sense.

I just know when ENIC took over Spurs they had to sell stakes in other clubs.... Would have sold Spurs personally

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here