[Palace] Holloway admits culpability for shit start, and takes his ball home.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:QUOTE=Icy Gull;5998335]Agreed, he walked away, which makes it even worse. Obviously saw it as a hopeless challenge.

Unlike Gus who...:guns::flounce:catfight:[[/QUOTE]

I'm not convinced that Gus didn't want to stay by the time he was suspended. Who knows :shrug:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yep, the Main Stand is looking beautiful :thumbsup:

th

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Holloway's payoff was rumoured to be £2m as well.
Oh well, that's OK because Palace have an everlasting money tree... they couldn't be doing a more textbook job of screwing up their lottery win.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Over 3 and a half years we do. Plus we also will have made a lot more income this season than had we stayed down. Our crowds are up dramatically so significant increased revenue there. More punters brings increase in food, drink and merchsndise sales. Plus our sponsorship deals are higher as companies are more interested in Premier League teams.

Fair enough, sounds reasonable.

I still reckon Charming is waiting to see whether he'll gamble the whole pot in January on staying up.

If you are in touch, throw the cash at the team. If you are well adrift, develop a stand.

Yep, the Main Stand is looking beautiful :thumbsup:

But now you're just being foolish. Have you been on the 'Palace Ale' ? :lolol:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I still reckon Charming is waiting to see whether he'll gamble the whole pot in January on staying up.

I genuinely do not think he will, we are what Barber would call CR.

EDIT that is Championship ready, I had to get in before someone added an AP

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Over 3 and a half years we do. Plus we also will have made a lot more income this season than had we stayed down. Our crowds are up dramatically so significant increased revenue there. More punters brings increase in food, drink and merchsndise sales. Plus our sponsorship deals are higher as companies are more interested in Premier League teams.

But you forgot to take off added overheads....it goes both way you know.
Additional Stewards
Additional Met Policing costs( especially the number of police that seem to be on duty for your home games)
Additional ticketig staff costs
Adiditioal merchandising staff costs
Additional food wastage when the hospitality punters get food poisoning because your ground and kitchens are probably sub standard
The list is endless

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Additional Stewards
Additional Met Policing costs( especially the number of police that seem to be on duty for your home games)
Additional food wastage when the hospitality punters get food poisoning because your ground and kitchens are probably sub standard
The list is endless

That is in fact one of the major improvments..CPFC took all the catering back in house and all though more expencive the quality is fantastic. We also supply our own beer as well so the mark up on that goes straight back in the coffers.

If you like proper beer the Cronx and the Kernal are very good BTW.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A new manager on Premier League wages will cost a bit...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I know their joint press conference was a big PR exercise and credit to them for saying nice things about each other rather than just show him to the revolving door. But for Parish to suggest Holloway could have kept on taking the money and stayed as manager seems to overlook that he bottled the job and is allegedly walking away with £2m.

Holloway did show some humility by acknowledging that he should have kept their promotion squad together, but his scatter gun transfer approach had a real whiff of panic about it and highlighted his limitations for a so called experienced manager. I'm sure Parish will be disappointed that the wheels have fallen off the Holloway bus so fast.

I'm not an admirer of Holloway (never have been) as a footie manager but he does deserve great respect for coping with the difficulties in his family life in a dignified manner. It was a really cheap shot for certain so called Palace fans to abuse him about his family after that game.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Additional Stewards
The list is endless

Those costs would be dwarfed by the profits we are making as a Premier League club in terms of our gates and match day sales. I know it still hurts that we went up at your expense and hit the jackpot as a result but deary me, now you're getting desperate!

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Those costs would be dwarfed by the profits we are making as a Premier League in terms of our gates and match day sales. I know it still hurts that we went up at your expense and hit the jackpot as a result but deary me, now you're getting desperate!

image.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Holloway SACKED. [Merged threads]

Those costs would be dwarfed by the profits we are making as a Premier League club in terms of our gates and match day sales. I know it still hurts that we went up at your expense and hit the jackpot as a result but deary me, now you're getting desperate!

You went up at our expense ???

Nice re-writing of history.

No, you got to Wembley at our expense, but thanks for your confidence that we would have beaten Watford :lolol:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Tony Pulis not interested in the Palace job

"A source close to the former Stoke City boss says he rates and admires the way the club is run but isn’t keen to commit himself to taking the job, if it were offered, because of Palace’s lowly points tally and the gap that has already opened up between the bottom two and the rest of the division."

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Holloway SACKED. [Merged threads]

If Palace have given up on staying up and want a man for next season and beyond then they should be looking at appointing Chris Powell.

But obviously I hope they are not that sensible and appoint someone like Grant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports