Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Holloway admits culpability for shit start, and takes his ball home.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I feel sorry for him in a way, as maybe we expected to much. I said in an earlier post on here when he was appointed that although I think he is a nice bloke I do not think he is that good a manager even though he did well at QPR and Blackpool, amazingly though his record speaks for itself and he must know something.
Also during the transfer window I was wanting Defenders and none were forthcoming, well one who ended up out of the 25 man squad and out of the club ???
I also wonder how much input from others went into our signings from the board. Either way I never expected us to stay up but neither did I expect what I can only describe as chaos. Either way I actually wish him well wherever he goes next. As for those abusing him and threatening him, It is easy to be hard on a Saturday surrounded by another bunch of like minded wankers, in much the same way it is easy to be gobby behind a keyboard.

Oh well hopefully Neil will come back and not some foreign who who can hardly talk English but who we get as it is the fashion nowadays

You don't get it do you. No one will join you because

1, You're shit.
2, Ground is a joke.
3, You'll be relegated and the managers you're after have had enough of bad reps on their CVs.

I could go on but need to go out.

You lot are fecuking shit.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
£8.5m and £20k a week for 5 years and how much for signing on for a 24 year old?. Fantastic prospect lol

£3.25m plus add-ons but don't let the facts stand in your way, Nobby.

Great point at Yeovil by the way, two minnows slugging it out.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
One of the minnows enjoys a bigger crowd, a much nicer stadium, a city that people want to live in.

Your crowd for the premier league is crap. Your stadium is a health hazard, and you realised
yourself that Croydon was shit, as you burned it down, and a season of misery awaits you.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

1, You're shit.
2, Ground is a joke.
3, You'll be relegated and the managers you're after have had enough of bad reps on their CVs.

Well thank you for that excellent summation, it is clear you are a very educated individual. Can you tell me why BHA would be a better proposition than CPFC?

While I thought of it, if we are shit, what does that make you lot :lolol:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

1, You're shit.
2, Ground is a joke.

The sad truth is I dont think any of that would put off a football player...all they would see is £££££££s for themselfs TBH

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£3.25m plus add-ons but don't let the facts stand in your way, Nobby.

Great point at Yeovil by the way, two minnows slugging it out.

£3.25M plus add ons ? Peterborough said that Dagenham & Redbridge had a 20% sell on clause plus 20% of future add ons in the contract when they bought him for £500k. How is it that Dagenham & Redbridge have received an initial payment of £1M from Peterborough ?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
The sad truth is I dont think any of that would put off a football player...all they would see is £££££££s for themselfs TBH

Where did I say players?

Manager you need and what sensible manager would even contemplate joining you? Come on, realistic targets?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
£3.25M plus add ons ? Peterborough said that Dagenham & Redbridge had a 20% sell on clause plus 20% of future add ons in the contract when they bought him for £500k. How is it that Dagenham & Redbridge have received an initial payment of £1M ?

And you know that's fact from where?

£3.25M plus add ons ? Peterborough said that Dagenham & Redbridge had a 20% sell on clause plus 20% of future add ons in the contract when they bought him for £500k. How is it that Dagenham & Redbridge have received an initial payment of £1M ?

Because Peterborough paid what they owed, a novel concept among our Palace brethren.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well thank you for that excellent summation, it is clear you are a very educated individual. Can you tell me why BHA would be a better proposition than CPFC?
:

Ground, training academy, proper infrastructure being developed, nicer place to live, the list is endless........

However, that aside, serious question: Would you take back Dougie? If not how would you feel about Pulis? Long ball etc.....

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It's getting a bit lively on here tonight, what's the odds Buzzer will make an appearance ?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
you know btter do you

Taken from your own site :lol:

Hootie1210825997754 said:
Tell me if you think im wrong but does anyone else think that Gayle is gonna be named as biggest flop in the Premiership. What a waste of money!!! when we signed him I thought it was a a bit bizarre to spend out that much on a virtually unknown player but though they must know what they are doing. I was right at first. League 1 player at best and that's pushing it. Could have had Defoe for 5 million. Complete waste of money

dangermouse5997754 said:
Gayle was a total waste of money, looks like someone we've taken from an under 13's game and put up front. I'd rather have Kev on a zimmer frame up top.

Can't believe we paid £6m going to £8.5m for someone who runs around like a school boy. Parish and IH say he's for the future but he's 24 already. Parish bought him thinking we'd make a profit but Peterborough pulled our pants down over this this.

Shall I go on?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

While I thought of it, if we are shit, what does that make you lot :lolol:

Yeah...laugh it up gobshite. You've got EXACTLY the same number of points after 9 games as you did in 80-81? 3 points...equal to your worst ever result tally in the top flight? What happened then? You went down.

See you next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here