Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Holidays in 2021 ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I do vary it, but I love Spain, the people, the wine and the food.

I fully expect to go Spain large. At least a couple of cities, an Island, some mountains and lots of beach.

The Highlands are wonderful, we have been twice, once in the middle of summer and the other for Hogmanay.
We stay in a typical granite hotel on the edge of Loch Levan in Ballachulish, which is at the top of the best road in the uk, Glen Coe.
From there you can explore the Highlands and Islands easily.
The drive from Glasgow past Loch Lomand up through Glen Coe is stunning.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Highlands are wonderful, we have been twice, once in the middle of summer and the other for Hogmanay.
We stay in a typical granite hotel on the edge of Loch Levan in Ballachulish, which is at the top of the best road in the uk, Glen Coe.
From there you can explore the Highlands and Islands easily.
The drive from Glasgow past Loch Lomand up through Glen Coe is stunning.

I’ve travelled all around the Scottish Highlands, as far as Cape Wrath in the far NW, all stunning. Their magnificence starts immediately whether you enter at Loch Lomond, The Trossachs, Perth or other routes. The Cairngorms are amazing, the UK’s only arctic-alpine microclimate.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I’ve travelled all around the Scottish Highlands, as far as Cape Wrath in the far NW, all stunning. Their magnificence starts immediately whether you enter at Loch Lomond, The Trossachs, Perth or other routes. The Cairngorms are amazing, the UK’s only arctic-alpine microclimate.

Yes, we came back through that route, up the west side and back through the middle.
Amazing scenery.

scooter1

How soon is now?
We’ve booked a week in the canaries at the tail end of this year, and I’ve booked skiing flights for Feb next year. EasyJet winter schedule was out a little early and all flights were £60 return with 99p baggage charges, so it was a bit of a no brainer. Who knows whether we’ll actually get to go, but it was worth the risk to get the dates on a diary, and something to hopefully look forward to. Be interesting to see how travel insurance shapes up once the dust has settled

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’ve booked a week in the canaries at the tail end of this year, and I’ve booked skiing flights for Feb next year. EasyJet winter schedule was out a little early and all flights were £60 return with 99p baggage charges, so it was a bit of a no brainer. Who knows whether we’ll actually get to go, but it was worth the risk to get the dates on a diary, and something to hopefully look forward to. Be interesting to see how travel insurance shapes up once the dust has settled

Good point, we often book our ski holiday flights soon. I’ll have a look online.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
We have a villa in Cyprus in September and we were looking at a long haul trip in the new year. But now it feels like more of a dilemma as I'm enjoying seeing clear blue skies without vapour trails and clearly the planet will be happier too.
Maybe we'll end up reducing our overseas trips, but that may be enforced anyway by dearer fares. Malaga for a tenner just feels all wrong anyway

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Amazing. It was only a short while ago you were banging on about the benefits and opportunities of the sunny uplands of Brexit Britain and Boris Johnson. Now you’re begging and shaming people to support the U.K. I think the terms are: “get over it” and “stop moaning”.
The sunny uplands and Brexit opportunities will still come.

I get it. You're in it for yourself and f#ck everyone else.

With this mentality, how long do you think it will take to repair our economy?

Do you have kids or grandkids?

I hope the government give incentives to Pro Britains and those who support the country and nail the guys who spend all their disposable income elsewhere, maybe a 5-year tax on flights going outside the UK for example.

Britain is doing everything it can to help people, why can't people make a minor sacrifices and spend their money within our borders.

This is a time to pull together and show some true grit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The sunny uplands and Brexit opportunities will still come.

I get it. You're in it for yourself and f#ck everyone else.

With this mentality, how long do you think it will take to repair our economy?

Do you have kids or grandkids?

I hope the government give incentives to Pro Britains and those who support the country and nail the guys who spend all their disposable income elsewhere, maybe a 5-year tax on flights going outside the UK for example.

Britain is doing everything it can to help people, why can't people make a minor sacrifices and spend their money within our borders.

This is a time to pull together and show some true grit.

As strange as it may seem to you, yes, I am very much “in it for myself” when it comes to my holidays. I like to go where I want to go...isn’t that part of the point?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As strange as it may seem to you, yes, I am very much “in it for myself” when it comes to my holidays. I like to go where I want to go...isn’t that part of the point?

And now he is thinking about the effects on Britain, children and Grandchildren and being selfish.
The drip should have had those thoughts a while back.
He is either taking the **** or he is even more of a thicko than most people already thought.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Same here

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I’m in the process of rescheduling our trip to Canada from June this year to June 2021. Annoyingly the airline have only suspended flights up to the end of May so far so I can’t rebook them.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Our plans for this year were to travel to the States. Teton Mountains, Rock Mountains, Grand Canyon and Lake Tahoe over 3 weeks. Clearly, not gonna happen. All booked by myself, but thankfully American Airlines will allow us to rebook at no cost or cancel. The accommodation and Car hire are fully refundable.

As someone else mentioned, travel insurance will not include Coronavirus cover, any future bookings of holidays for next year will be very difficult. Imagine travelling to USA or Spain and becoming ill with the virus -the medical costs would be astronomical.

Im hopeful of travelling to USA next year - vaccine permitting.

To those who try and shame people into taking UK holidays - without travel abroad what an insular country we would become. Plus, outward travel is balanced by inward .

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Easy jet have some good flight deals at the moment for later this year and next.
I’ve had a May holiday cancelled and currently re booked for October
We have another booked early June. Will rebook the Villa and flights are no cost for same time next year.
Read yesterday TUI plan to have all holidays flying again from July 1st, Wizz air also planning flights as early as next week potentially and other airlines all looking at late May mid June to restart some flying.
Holidays will be available I’m sure to those who want to go. It won’t be quite the same as before I’m sure and insurance will be people’s biggest risk.
Personally I don’t see the cost increasing massively at this time. The companies are going to be desperate to stay in business and there are some cracking deals for later this year and next already if you look around with small deposits, free cancellation in some cases 24 hours in advance and not having to pay the balance until 2 weeks before you go.
The worlds a big place and loads to explore. I love both the UK trips and those abroad and no one should be shamed for choosing one over another

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And now he is thinking about the effects on Britain, children and Grandchildren and being selfish.
The drip should have had those thoughts a while back.
He is either taking the **** or he is even more of a thicko than most people already thought.

Agree. On his hands and knees begging us to spend two weeks in rain lashed Scarborough playing bingo is pretty desperate when you could be at some nice waterside restaurant enjoying dinner and fine wines after a day sunning yourself with the beautiful people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here