Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday- Would you go?????

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But fewer than 50 in total were shot in Chicago last weekend. That is a significant improvement on the previous 4th of July long weekend. It's a sign of progress, would you believe? But I would definitely recommend against visiting Chicago's south side.

Are you saying the south side is full of people who are PWOPA NAWTY?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
FFS - you all might as well spend a fortnight in the bath with a sun lamp, and pretend you went somewhere exotic.

The world is a big place,and not everywhere is populated by nutters (outside of Croydon obviously).

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Following on from the tragic events in Tunisia and the Foreign Office's advise not to go, I was wondering how many people would still go on holiday to any country facing uncertainty in the region.

Would you still go to:

Egpyt?
Morocco?
Even Tunisia? ( if you could get a flight from another country)

Then there are places like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc

No particular reason I asked, just curious to see how its put people off. Personally me and the Family are off to Morocco in a few weeks time and I can't wait!! :)

Went to Morocco a few months ago. Nice break. But shirley more risky by the day

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Would certainly have no issue with going to Turkey. Have visited various parts of the country and love the people, food and culture. Have never felt in danger there. Far more secular than the Arab nations.

Quite - We're off to Cirali on Thursday, and we'll be fine. A friend of mine of mine is off to his annual Koh Samui trip soon, and he normally parks in this car park http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/11/koh-samui-car-bomb-seven-people-hurt-on-thai-tourist-island
He wont tell his Mrs about the above in case she freaks, but goes to show that there is the odd nutter everywhere.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
My Mrs and 2 step daughters flew out to sharm today got a text off her earlier telling me security is really tight so she feels safe

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well I'm a stuntman by trade and even I wouldn't go to fvcking Tunisia.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm off to the Caymans again...;)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My Mrs and 2 step daughters flew out to sharm today got a text off her earlier telling me security is really tight so she feels safe

That's important for sure. JFK felt the same in Dallas.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Went to Egypt last November and have to say that whilst in the resort down in Hurghada it felt safe our trip to Luxor certainly opened my eyes to a few things as the road to/from Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut's temple were teeming with military armed check points and the way the locals looked at the endless streams of coaches and mini buses of westerners was quite threatening especially on the way home when the Adhan was in full flow.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Following on from the tragic events in Tunisia and the Foreign Office's advise not to go, I was wondering how many people would still go on holiday to any country facing uncertainty in the region.

Would you still go to:

Egpyt?
Morocco?

No particular reason I asked, just curious to see how its put people off. Personally me and the Family are off to Morocco in a few weeks time and I can't wait!! :)

Just seen this thread. Been to all the countries listed including Egypt many times

TUNISIA - Yes would go tomorrow
MOROCCO - Yes would go tomorrow.
EGYPT - Yes, but would probably avoid Luxor, and wouldn't go anywhere in the Nile Valley Qena, Minha, Sohag etc.
due to ring of steel Sharm should be safe
GULF - Yes would go tomorrow.

Just be vigilant in places where groups of foreigners gather. Last time I was in Morocco, just missed the cafe bombing in Jemma al fna Marrakech

PS Enjoy Morocco, I am going back to Fez on a cheap Ryan air flight in October.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Would you still go to:

Egpyt?
Morocco?

Tell me which countries are not facing uncertanty. You could holiday at home and face danger.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm glad I went to Egypt a few years back when I had the chance. Would seriously think twice about going to any Muslim country now.

It's too big a risk now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here