Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday Romance.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Northants isn't far. If you really want it to work it will buddy. I had a long-distance relationship with a fit slapper from Wigan a few years ago just before social networking sites like facebook and twitter were around. It felt more exciting being together with the distance.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Problem is Ive just made a meal of it and realised now. Stay in contact with her but yeah. f***. Thanks for all the advice. Pathetic really, hope everyone had a good laugh though :lol:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Problem is Ive just made a meal of it and realised now. Stay in contact with her but yeah. f***. Thanks for all the advice. Pathetic really, hope everyone had a good laugh though :lol:

Anyone that laughs is emotionally challenged mate. The thing is a holiday fling is so far removed from real life if you did meet it would not be the same with the day to day shit getting in the way. Best to leave it with fond memories.

BUT on the other hand 2 of from 6 close friends have been with a holiday fling for 20 years and are married with kids so it can work. If you want her fight for her but I guess, maybe she was letting you down gently if she thought the chances are it was unworkable.

Good luck either way.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

:lolol::lolol:

Fair play for realising and admitting it. You live, you learn - just don't make the same mistakes again. Most people make big f*** ups with girls at your age, we've all done it so while this thread was hilarious, I think most will have a little bit of empathy too.

Take a bit of confidence from this that you can pull fit birds and go and do it again :thumbsup:

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
:lolol::lolol:

Fair play for realising and admitting it. You live, you learn - just don't make the same mistakes again. Most people make big f*** ups with girls at your age, we've all done it so while this thread was hilarious, I think most will have a little bit of empathy too.

Take a bit of confidence from this that you can pull fit birds and go and do it again :thumbsup:

Good point thank you sir :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You've got absolutely nothing to lose by inviting her down for the weekend some time in the near future - if she declines then it may help you to move on (however painful it may feel at the time) as the message will be loud and clear. But what have you lost in asking ?

Think this is the most sensible suggestion to date.

There are some cynical so-and-sos on here.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Some waiter will be nuts deep in her by now so i'd start getting her out of your mind. Im not too far from Northamptonshire so if you are really desperate give me her number. I'll go round and smash her shitbox in and film it for you to watch if you want.

Post of the f***ing century. Hilarious!

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
f***ing hell. "I got intimate with her in a pool (Classy girl, that) then my mum came and got me"

I've this vision of your mum frog-marching you out of the swimming pool by the ear with Harry Monk all down your Speedos.

Why did you put this on the internet, why did you do this to yourself, why!!! :cry:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
So I'm old enough to be your mum as my son is only a year younger than you. I can't see what you've got to lose by texting her and seeing whether she does want to keep things going or not. I reckon you should text her now if you haven't already then text her again when she's got home. If I was her I'd be pretty upset already that you hadn't texted and would be thinking you weren't interested. If you don't get a reply then you know though that she's not interested and you can deal with it. If she does reply then you can always keep in touch via skype and maybe meet up in London sometime which is pretty easy for both of you to get to by train. Chances are things will fizzle out gradually with time, even if you do keep in touch, but at least you'll not always be wondering what might have been. Good luck!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
And when she gets back, she might just be checking her phone waiting for you to make the first move - thoughts of a girlie btw

Ps don't wade in really heavy, be cool and relaxed

This.

The lads seem to be saying you should wait till she contacts you. But she could just as easily be waiting for you to contact her, when she gets home.

On the other hand, while some holiday romances can work out, they're often best left at that. There is something about the holiday atmosphere which helps to fuel a romance. The warmth. The beach. The hotel room. 24/7. Nice clothes. Even our personalities change a little while on holiday. No worries about work, bills, grotty flats, lack of a car, etc. Perhaps this girl is aware of that and really did try to let you down gently.

But you won't know unless you try. A friendly card or email is all it takes. But don't build up your hopes too much.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Don't contact her. If she's at all interested in seeing you again she'll get in touch by Facebook or text. If you contact her then you'll just seem like all the other needy eager to please guys that she'll have had attention from. The fact that you've not contacted her will spark some intrigue and make you seem a bit more desirable

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But he is not old enough to buy a pint lol....on the plus side he still might be able to get half fare on the train to Northampton.
:lol: I've missed all the fun in this thread. We're all dishing out advice, had no idea he was only 17.

**** Buddies not relationship at 17 given distance :thumbsup:
Indeed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just waiting for the ERNEST thread where he met a lovely lad on holiday while dressed to attend a transvestite convention.
:lolol: you should have started it

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Blimey this is still going! FFS, this is a kid on holiday with his parents who hasn't worked out how to get to Northampton alone on the train!
This thread is conclusive proof (if any were needed) that the fairer sex mature way earlier than us goons.
Why would you feel the need to pour your heart out on the internet though? It's beyond me.
I feel that naming & shaming on the big screen at HT at the Amex is in order. Just imagine, the camera zooms on this soppy little oik & the PA announces, "This weeks wet blanket of the week award from NSC, goes to Holiday Romance Boy".
I for one would collapse in hysterical laughter.

(Don't take offence young un!)

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Blimey this is still going! FFS, this is a kid on holiday with his parents who hasn't worked out how to get to Northampton alone on the train!
This thread is conclusive proof (if any were needed) that the fairer sex mature way earlier than us goons.
Why would you feel the need to pour your heart out on the internet though? It's beyond me.
I feel that naming & shaming on the big screen at HT at the Amex is in order. Just imagine, the camera zooms on this soppy little oik & the PA announces, "This weeks wet blanket of the week award from NSC, goes to Holiday Romance Boy".
I for one would collapse in hysterical laughter.

(Don't take offence young un!)

I don't like to reply with just 'THIS'. So, what a brilliant idea!

Jimmy Grimble

Was there a picture? What happened to it? Was she fit?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Some waiter will be nuts deep in her by now so i'd start getting her out of your mind. Im not too far from Northamptonshire so if you are really desperate give me her number. I'll go round and smash her shitbox in and film it for you to watch if you want.

Yeah, I think that would help him get over her and help relieve his sexual tension at the same time. Please go ahead.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went on holiday to magaluf in 2004 with the lads, met this bird from Basingstoke in the hotel. Cracker, decided to try and make it work, 8 years laters she's asleep next to me right now with a ring on her finger and two kids playing downstairs! It can work :)

Blimey 8 years, you've done bloody well there fella.

And in all that time, has her husband never come in and found you two ?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I went on holiday to magaluf in 2004 with the lads, met this bird from Basingstoke in the hotel. Cracker, decided to try and make it work, 8 years laters she's asleep next to me right now with a ring on her finger and two kids playing downstairs! It can work :)

I met a girl at Gatwick whilst running to the plane, (me and my mates were late as England were playing Sweden (5/9/98) and we watched the full game, left the pub in Crawley 50 mins before the flight), I sat next to her on the plane, turned out we were in the same resort of Falaraki and to cut a long story short, now married for 7 years, 2 kids. Can work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here