Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m still mulling over next week. My week in Ibiza turned into a brief 3 and a half day gastronomic trip to the smoke with a visit to the excellent Museum of London. Sunday is decision day but my gut says I’m staying home and twiddling my thumbs in between cleaning the apartment for a second time this year.

That’s about as often as I clean my car.

Has your German state/city got any quarantine rules of arrivals from the UK?

Monday is D-Day here with possible new quasi-Lockdown laws, which might inhibit activities in London.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Monday is D-Day here with possible new quasi-Lockdown laws, which might inhibit activities in London.

Parts of the UK currently have quarantine rules for UK arrivals.

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ...ebiete_07102020_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

This list is reviewed and re-published at least every Wednesday. In addition to the possible lockdown rules you mention, London/UK could easily be added to this list.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No great surprise but a week in Fuerteventura at half-term cancelled, positives are at least by the travel company so full refund.

Same. Booked two weeks ago to go to Fuerteventura in early November. Easyjet just cancelled the flights both ways. Could probably have played musical chairs booking alternative dates but the friends I was going with have already lost three holidays this year for the same reason and understandably have had a bellyful of it for the year. Gawd bless booking.com and their no quibble free cancellation policy, would never travel without having that option now

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Booked a great cottage in Wales for 5 nights in November. Then realised the area is on local lockdown and no travel in to the area allowed. DOH! It’s national trust and they said I can have a refund if I still can’t travel at the time of the booking. Seems most likely that will be the case.

I thought I was being safe by booking a UK break but I think I’ll just give up now until next year!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Villa Plus eventually gave me a voucher to use for 3 years. Hopefully they dont go bust [emoji1696]
Couple of flights with Easy jet we keep pushing forward at little or no cost

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Yeah I have about £600 BA vouchers and a Eurostar booking I have to keep pushing forward cos they have decided to operate like that instead of giving vouchers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Parts of the UK currently have quarantine rules for UK arrivals.

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ...ebiete_07102020_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

This list is reviewed and re-published at least every Wednesday. In addition to the possible lockdown rules you mention, London/UK could easily be added to this list.

As a follow up the whole of the UK has just been added to the list. I was supposed to fly to the U.K. last night but had to cancel at the last minute.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry to hear that.

Do you despise the Germany authorities for impinging on your liberties? [Rhetorical question]

Good question. I was actually supposed to be in the UK to help my brother clear out my old family, and my childhood home, today. Not an easy task as I have fond memories of that place. And a task I prefer to help my brother with. When I heard I couldn’t travel I was very upset and frustrated. I fully understand the reasons though and all things considered I don’t have an issue.

Despise...I have already stated in another thread the only thing I despise in life is the word banter! :lolol:

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Does anyone have any recommendations for airport transfers at Arrecife Airport? Thanks!

We always hire a car from Autoreisen at the airport. Hire last week was €60 for 7 days for a Seat Ibiza type car. Even if you don't then use it once you get to the accommodation, which we didn't, still works out cheaper that transfers/ taxis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here