Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I’m never going to fly again

If it wasn't for the fact we have to go to Aus sometime soonish neither would I.

Have no desire to go to America, more than happy to train/ride/drive to Europe.

I don't dislike flying per se but it is a monumental faff these days and whilst flights themselves can be cheap everything else associatred is a ****ing rip off.

as it currently stands this summer will be a gig at a small festival in Devon and hopefully some good weather on the Cote D'Adur

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Booked a week in Northamptonshire in June in a covid secure premises, and then a cruise around the British Isles with John Virgo in September.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If it wasn't for the fact we have to go to Aus sometime soonish neither would I.

Have no desire to go to America, more than happy to train/ride/drive to Europe.

I don't dislike flying per se but it is a monumental faff these days and whilst flights themselves can be cheap everything else associatred is a ****ing rip off.

as it currently stands this summer will be a gig at a small festival in Devon and hopefully some good weather on the Cote D'Adur

I get a tad claustrophobic..so flying is a no no ..last flight was about 1991 to Belfast with Dan Dare ..I convinced myself I could get the ferry back and take a couple of days to get home ..as it was I flew back BA but had to get the tube through London :moo:

Hope yours works out for you ..Dorset in September for me hopefully

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'll be in Scotland on Monday morning to meet my new grandson who was born in February.

On the way up I'll be in Sheffield on Saturday evening. Does anyone know of anywhere to watch the big game?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Just cancelled my holiday booked originally for June 2020 and re -booked for June 2021to island hop between Santorini, Naxos, Paros and Athens, just booked the flights again for 2022.
Nurse Gladys Emmanuel has just booked a caravan in Suffolk for a week in June and we have a week booked in Ireland for August. Poor Gladys has cancelled her long weekend in Rotterdam for Eurovision which she also cancelled last week, bugger means I'm going to be subjected to Eurovision being on my telly.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just about to head back to Dubai after Easter holiday in the UK.

Travelling at present is definitely a monumental faff, and things will need to change a fair bit yet before it’s practical - let alone palatable - for significant numbers of people.

Even though I’m double-Pfizered and have tested negative throughout, it’s involved an 11-day stop in Istanbul between Dubai and the UK, then another 6-day home quarantine here, plus 6 PCR tests over 5 weeks (total cost over £500), just to see my wife and kids for a few weeks. Until most of not all of those hurdles are lifted, I can’t see anyone wanting to do this for “a holiday”, nor do I recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Portugal
Israel
Singapore
Australia
New Zealand
Brunei
Iceland
Gibraltar
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
St Helena, Tristan de Cunha, Ascension Island

Latest government green list of safe holiday destinations.
Fancy two weeks in the Falklands ???
A great place to go for outdoor types, similar to Wales, only the locals all where Benny hats :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Portugal
Israel
Singapore
Australia
New Zealand
Brunei
Iceland
Gibraltar
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands

A great place to go for outdoor types, similar to Wales, only the locals all where Benny hats :wink:

Predictably, a mad dash to book Portugal packages and flights today. Loads had already booked Portugal flights in the last few days once it became likely to get the green light, whilst today airlines doubled their prices.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Portugal
Israel
Singapore
Australia
New Zealand
Brunei
Iceland
Gibraltar
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands

Erm, Australia’s borders are currently closed for the foreseeable....why are they on the green list? Am I missing something?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Erm, Australia’s borders are currently closed for the foreseeable....why are they on the green list? Am I missing something?

Screenshot_20210507-190839_Chrome.jpg

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#green-list

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Predictably, a mad dash to book Portugal packages and flights today. Loads had already booked Portugal flights in the last few days once it became likely to get the green light, whilst today airlines doubled their prices.

They really haven't. Loads of decent, cheap options available with BA throughout June and July. Easily less than £200 return including baggage (even lower if you can get away with hand luggage)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apologies, I've viewed it ass about face :blush:

And I don’t think Portugal is open to the vast majority of third-counties, including the UK, at the moment? I really don’t understand this green list.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They really haven't. Loads of decent, cheap options available with BA throughout June and July. Easily less than £200 return including baggage (even lower if you can get away with hand luggage)

James O’Brien, Sheila Fogarty and their must researchers must be liars.

It was mentioned several times today, prices contrasted to those before today.

Perhaps they were checking budget airlines, which operate fluid pricing based on demand, literally as searching.

Isn’t £200 for June in a non school holiday week, very expensive, in any other year for shorthaul?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has Germany given the green light for holidays to the Balearics?

I’m not sure. I’m not intending to travel this summer so I haven’t been keeping up with the travel rules. They were at Easter, but this might have changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here