Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hodgson resigns?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Was he the lad you promptly loaned out?
Roy must have been overjoyed with that signing.
Seeing your desperation for a right back , I’m surprised you didn’t try to get Lamptey in. England under 20, very well thought of, and only about 4 million, right up your street, I would have thought.
Still, I suppose you were beaten to him by a bigger club.

Yep, Banks was sent to Alloa to continue his football education, at 18 , it's good that he can play regularly,and play against men rather than boys.
Now we could follow the Brighton route, a transfer spend of close to £200 mill in the 3 seasons in the PL.
That's a massive amount of money, coupled with your rising wage bill, all to survive another season in the promise land.
Lamptey looks a good prospect tbh, we went for Ferguson, another outstanding young talent, who unfortunately failed his medical.
Shame.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, Banks was sent to Alloa to continue his football education, at 18 , it's good that he can play regularly,and play against men rather than boys.
Now we could follow the Brighton route, a transfer spend of close to £200 mill in the 3 seasons in the PL.
That's a massive amount of money, coupled with your rising wage bill, all to survive another season in the promise land.
Lamptey looks a good prospect tbh, we went for Ferguson, another outstanding young talent, who unfortunately failed his medical.
Shame.

The Albion fan and you who keep quoting that when comparing against other clubs, are deliberately selecting just a period of our PL windows. Necessarily, new clubs have to spend big as soon as possible to have any chance of survival.

Bmuff and Palace did that. To benchmark, Fulham spent £100m in one window, Villa £146m.

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Shame.

As you say, a massive amount of money, however it’s not a route you would follow, it’s a route that you have blazed a trail down, 5 years in the Premier League and you’ve blown every penny of the quite obscene riches clubs get now, and without any improvement to your Edwardian era facilities.
At the start of this conversation, I made a bet with myself that you would indulge in a bout of indignant whataboutery within 5 posts.
Congratulations I lost my bet.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Do we file this under bollocks ?

Be surprised, doing a good job there .

Home town boy managing his team as his last job.

Can’t see why he’d resign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
That's a massive amount of money, coupled with your rising wage bill
, all to survive another season in the promise land.
Shame.

You're right, we have spent a lot on transfer fees.
But you're wrong, we haven't spent that much on wages comparatively.
Last time I looked our wage bill was about 60% of our income, and yours was over 100%.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You're right, we have spent a lot on transfer fees.
But you're wrong, we haven't spent that much on wages comparatively.
Last time I looked our wage bill was about 60% of our income, and yours was over 100%.

100 % ? I suggest you look again.

You’re up to 70% as of last season .

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The Albion fan and you who keep quoting that when comparing against other clubs, are deliberately selecting just a period of our PL windows. Necessarily, new clubs have to spend big as soon as possible to have any chance of survival.

Bmuff and Palace did that. To benchmark, Fulham spent £100m in one window, Villa £146m.

First season you spent £57 mill
Second season you spent £78 mill
Third season you’ve spent £70 mill

So that blows your first season big spend out of the window.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First season you spent £57 mill
Second season you spent £78 mill
Third season you’ve spent £70 mill

So that blows your first season big spend out of the window.

Big by our standards obviously and typical of a promoted team (under the current PL broadcasting contract). I’m referring to our sustained investment over our first 5 PL windows, giving the £200m that you and an Albion fan refer to, as somehow a wow figure.

Had to be done, otherwise we’d definitely not be able to compete in games.

We didn’t have the dodgy cash under the FFP sofa of the likes of Villa, to tackle everything immediately and still haven’t.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I hear he was seriously pissed off because, and I quote “Benteke used an army of dwarves in a melee” which totally outfoxed him in their post match Worrhamuh session. Rumour has it he was “royally ****ed off” with Guaita, not for his calamitous own goal but his deployment of an iron orc alongside Benteke’s aforementioned dwarf attack.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Shame.

Rising wage bill. Of course it’s rising, we have a long way to go to be competing with the likes of £100,000 per week.
Isn’t the Palace wage bill more than double ours?
https://www.spotrac.com/epl/crystal-palace/payroll/

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Without wanting to quibble over correct word usage, the old woman is going to retire, not resign. Its just a matter of when. The thing is, Beaky will not know when to start talking nursing homes with him. On the one hand, he is keeping a reasonable buffer from third from bottom which is all he wants, but on the other the product is poor and the 'light is ever dimming' as the gap from normal retirement ages widens.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Nowhere near it.
On our last set of accounts, our wage bill was £117.3 mill , compared to yours of £101.6 mill.

Actually you are comparing two different years. Our wage bill was £77.5 million in the same season yours was £117.3. Your club hasn’t yet made its latest set of accounts public (I’m sure we’ve been here before) so we don’t know what the current gap is.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Are we the ONLY club in the Premier League the last few seasons who hasn't actually SOLD any of our players for cash?!!!

The coffers will be filled (ish) this off season with the likes of Duffy being sold for dosh.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Actually you are comparing two different years. Our wage bill was £77.5 million in the same season yours was £117.3. Your club hasn’t yet made its latest set of accounts public (I’m sure we’ve been here before) so we don’t know what the current gap is.

Well, what a surprise he made that ‘mistake’. You cannot trust a word he says.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Nowhere near it.
On our last set of accounts, our wage bill was £117.3 mill , compared to yours of £101.6 mill.
Palace fans bending the truth to suit their agenda? Never.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here