Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hodgson resigns?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Then why all the anger on BBS and Holmesdale this evening, take a look? The vast majority scathing of Parish and the Yank owners. 100’s of vitriolic posts.

You’re a lone, overly defensive, voice.

It’s probably no different to what was on here at ht today.
It’s a football forum , people let off steam, some agree with them, some don’t .
As a fan for nearly 50 years, I’ve seen a lot worse then this, so I don’t take much much notice of hysterical newbies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope he doesn't resign. It will be Big Sam to the rescue and easy safety :facepalm:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Codswallop.
Bowen went for money , with desperate West Ham throwing money at it, and Ferguson failed a medical.
As for James Daly , I know of no Palace fan who would say he was our best youngster coming through.
Clutching at straws comes to mind.

Look on twitter old son, loads of your compatriots saying he was your best youngster, and Bowen definitely would rather join West Ham than you, because he did. I did get one thing wrong in my post, you’ve only won 3 in 18, so apologies for my mistake.
Is it true you’ve only singed one player for an actual transfer fee in 4 windows?
Parish must be laughing his socks off at you lot.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Look on twitter old son, loads of your compatriots saying he was your best youngster, and Bowen definitely would rather join West Ham than you, because he did. I did get one thing wrong in my post, you’ve only won 3 in 18, so apologies for my mistake.
Is it true you’ve only singed one player for an actual transfer fee in 4 windows?
Parish must be laughing his socks off at you lot.

Look at twitter ?
I give up :D

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Look at twitter ?
I give up :D

So, come on answer the question, who was the last player you singed for an actual transfer fee, and how long ago?
Poor old Roy said you’d get 4 or 5 in this window, what a way to treat an OAP,?Parish should be ashamed.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So, come on answer the question, who was the last player you singed for an actual transfer fee, and how long ago?
Poor old Roy said you’d get 4 or 5 in this window, what a way to treat an OAP,?Parish should be ashamed.

Is it such a bad thing that we are spending so little money ? Is it a competition to spend as much as you can ?
Money is tight, the yanks ain't putting in money , so we are being frugal.
Hodgson has been badly let down, and he's done a remarkable job in the circumstances.
We've suffered for overspending on transfers in the past, I thought our approach now should be applauded, not ridiculed.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Is it such a bad thing that we are spending so little money ? Is it a competition to spend as much as you can ?
Hodgson has been badly let down, and he's done a remarkable job in the circumstances.
We've suffered for overspending on transfers in the past, I thought our approach now should be applauded, not ridiculed.

did you manage to get anyone in to replace Connor Wickham ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

So you’re not going to answer then, is it you’re embarrassed, or you can’t remember?
Nothing wrong with being frugal, we probably wrote the book on that for a few years, what is wrong,is promising the fans every window you will spend big, and then nada, nothing but cheap loans , for massive wages, and a Chairman taking millions out of the club, every year.
You’re being conned , old son, and you’re swallowing every word Prince Charming spouts.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

So he’s been let down....but it’s not a bad thing that you are spending little money ...seems a slight contradiction...unless you feel he’s been let down in other ways

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They were on the cusp of paying £16m for Bowen and a huge contract, until gazumped and/or Bowen :dunce: reckoned that West Ham are a huge club.

That’s not a new “approach“ by Parish, they intended to carry on as before, before the Dildo Brothers meddled.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So you’re not going to answer then, is it you’re embarrassed, or you can’t remember?
Nothing wrong with being frugal, we probably wrote the book on that for a few years, what is wrong,is promising the fans every window you will spend big, and then nada, nothing but cheap loans , for massive wages, and a Chairman taking millions out of the club, every year.
You’re being conned , old son, and you’re swallowing every word Prince Charming spouts.

Scott Banks, £250 k, 2 weeks ago.
I'm sure it's on twitter somewhere.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Scott Banks, £250 k, 2 weeks ago.
I'm sure it's on twitter somewhere.

Was he the lad you promptly loaned out?
Roy must have been overjoyed with that signing.
Seeing your desperation for a right back , I’m surprised you didn’t try to get Lamptey in. England under 20, very well thought of, and only about 4 million, right up your street, I would have thought.
Still, I suppose you were beaten to him by a bigger club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was he the lad you promptly loaned out?
Roy must have been overjoyed with that signing.
Seeing your desperation for a right back , I’m surprised you didn’t try to get Lamptey in. England under 20, very well thought of, and only about 4 million, right up your street, I would have thought.
Still, I suppose you were beaten to him by a bigger club.

They also tried for Kyle Walker Peters, favourites according to London papers in mid January, before Stains stepped in.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They also tried for Kyle Walker Peters, favourites according to London papers in mid January, before Stains stepped in.

I’d forgotten him, another one who’d rather go anywhere than Palace.

I wonder what changed Tosuns mind.

https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...ystal-palace-everton-loan-very-happy-not-join

Crystal Palace have signed Everton’s Cenk Tosun on loan until the end of the season, a little over two years after the Turkey striker expressed relief about not ending up at Selhurst Park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here