Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hobgobblin

xbakerbob

Aug 4, 2011
Basingstoke
Theakstons Old Peculier in bottles or my favourite draught currently is a cheeky little number called appropriately "Comfortably Numb " can't remember the brewer though...may have had too many of 'em.

The Triple fff brewery at Four Marks near Alton do this and they also do a brew called "i cant`t remember" a traditional London Porter at 6.8%.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm currently drinking a bottled beer called Iron horse from a Horsham Brewery. Pleasantly surprised how nice it is and would deffo buy again.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Hello ale drinkers. A quick heads up for you. Asda are doing a 4 for £5 deal on shed loads of real ale over the festive period. The only catch is you have to go to Asda.

I stocked up on Old Thumper and Hobgoblin today so it's now safe for me to spread the word.

theboybilly

Not a fan of it, there's a plethora of ales out there that are better. I'm guessing if you're switching from lager you could start off at the Pale Ales. Or if you're after bitter, Banks at Aldi is stupidly cheap at 99p, I lived near the Brewery at University.
Out of Aldi (sounds like a cheap film), try any IPA and tell us what you think. Avoid the supermarket own brands and buy bottles. Avoid the Badger range too, they're a bad brewery.

Plenty of Harveys too. And Dark Star . . and . . . .

Banks Bitter is actually quite nice. I've usually got a few bottles in the fridge. it's nothing spectacular but has a clean, crisp taste. If you can get hold of it, Jaiphur is a lovely drop of ale.
Come to Shoreham, it's a beer drinkers paradise.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Hello ale drinkers. A quick heads up for you. Asda are doing a 4 for £5 deal on shed loads of real ale over the festive period. The only catch is you have to go to Asda.

I stocked up on Old Thumper and Hobgoblin today so it's now safe for me to spread the word.
Tescos do the same deal all the time and they have a very good range. And co-op do it on a small range of ales, including spitfire, which is a great beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here