Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hobgobblin

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Hobgoblin is good but in general ale is just piss. Real men drink stout or porter, the blacker and stronger the better, and none of that Guinness shite either!
:wink:

The Earth and Stars had the audacity to run out of Dark Star Expresso Stout this evening so Conqueror it was.

This is the most manly thing I have ever read, I'm genuinely impressed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Love Hobgoblin. I'll also give another vote each to Old Speckled Hen and Tribute. Bath Ales Gem is another that I don't think has been mentioned yet.

43470011_H.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nice drop. Oakham Ales Citra on in Craft today apparently so that and The Art of Darkness are going to be my pre match aperitifs.

My favourite pub.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My favourite pub.

The Thornbridge West Coast IPA was lovely. Cheeky 7.2 as well HT. The Dark Star Art of Darkness was very average but at least they try. It was a shame to have to leave at 4.10.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Adnams got to be Broadside :cheers:

Very much this, Southwold Bitter is the lightweight in the stable. Broadside does as its name suggests.

As an addition, Batemans Victory Ale and Dark Lord are also worth a try, I know they are available in bottles in Morrisons at only £1.50 a go, why anyone buys Fosters/Carling piss is beyond me.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Very much this, Southwold Bitter is the lightweight in the stable. Broadside does as its name suggests.

As an addition, Batemans Victory Ale and Dark Lord are also worth a try, I know they are available in bottles in Morrisons at only £1.50 a go, why anyone buys Fosters/Carling piss is beyond me.

Add to these Maple Moon cant remember the brewer at the mo Also some Scottish heather beers worth a try at Morrisons

Bottled Ales are £3.99 for 3 in Lidl at the moment, including Hob Goblin. Usual caveat regarding situation in your local branch.

Norman P supports responsible drinking.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Theakstons Old Peculier in bottles or my favourite draught currently is a cheeky little number called appropriately "Comfortably Numb " can't remember the brewer though...may have had too many of 'em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here