Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoax nurse found dead

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I agree that it's harmless in theory. Clearly it caused some distress but I don't believe it was done with any malice. I'd probably have fallen for it but then, I'm thick as shit in a milk bottle.

You know what I thought of when I heard it? I thought shit that sounds like a Splitting Image skit with bad accents.

Having said that I do find it odd that anyone would think the queen herself would ring, I would have thought the updates on her progress would have been relayed through Royal staff, but I've never nursed anyone so I wouldn't know!

Given all their money you'd think the Princess would have a mobile phone they could call.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You know what I thought of when I heard it? I thought shit that sounds like a Splitting Image skit with bad accents.

Given all their money you'd think the Princess would have a mobile phone they could call.

Admittedly not a great impression! I can't imagine the queen would have bothered to call considering she didn't seem to skip a beat when Diana ploughed into a concrete pillar at 120 mph.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well you know what they say about assuming...

If you were dealing with such a high profile patient as soon as someone said "I've got the Queen on the phone" you should be switching into red flag mode.

Let's be honest, all that was divulged was that she's dehydrated and had trouble sleeping.

I'm not defending the nurse to put the blame on the DJs. As I said earlier in the thread there are lots of aspects to this, and to clarify I don't think you can point to any one person and say "it's their fault". All I'm saying is that it isn't such an unreasonable mistake to make. No, technically she shouldn't be divulging private information without the consent of the patient, but in practice there is usually a lot of leeway with that when in comes to discussing with family.

I agree with Nibble on both cases that it wasn't a funny prank, and that you shouldn't really expect the queen to call herself.

But in the wee hours of the morning, either toward the end of a night shift, or having got up early for the dawn shift, probably on edge due to the high profile nature of the patient, maybe busy caring for lots of patients all of whom need you to think about the care they need (who needs checking at what time, what medications, what illnesses, what risks, what signs should you be looking out for, etc) when reception (an entity that always screens calls for you) tells you a patient's grandmother is calling, it's an understandable mistake, and calling her stupid seems a little harsh.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Summed up very well, Acker.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Personally, I wouldn't accord blame to any nurse within reason. My view would be, if they are keeping the patient safe and healthy as they can and treating the relatives and patient with respect that should be the only criteria they are judged on, certainly not whether or not they can tell if it's the queen or some Aussie up to scallywag behaviour.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm not defending the nurse to put the blame on the DJs. As I said earlier in the thread there are lots of aspects to this, and to clarify I don't think you can point to any one person and say "it's their fault". All I'm saying is that it isn't such an unreasonable mistake to make. No, technically she shouldn't be divulging private information without the consent of the patient, but in practice there is usually a lot of leeway with that when in comes to discussing with family.

I agree with Nibble on both cases that it wasn't a funny prank, and that you shouldn't really expect the queen to call herself.

But in the wee hours of the morning, either toward the end of a night shift, or having got up early for the dawn shift, probably on edge due to the high profile nature of the patient, maybe busy caring for lots of patients all of whom need you to think about the care they need (who needs checking at what time, what medications, what illnesses, what risks, what signs should you be looking out for, etc) when reception (an entity that always screens calls for you) tells you a patient's grandmother is calling, it's an understandable mistake, and calling her stupid seems a little harsh.

Isn't this a posh Hospital though?

If she's the Princess private nurse as suggested then she'd not have many people to deal with surely?

Fair enough if she was in a busy public hospital with a crap load of people to a ward. They'd not have a royal in anything like that though would they?

Given how well drilled the royal machine is this has to be a massive breakdown of procedural policy going on here for this to happen.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Absolutely agree.

Did they really think that if (as they did) they succeeded in their 'prank' that the hospital management would just say to the duped staff....."Hey, that was a jolly jape wasn't it..?"

ah exactly........massive over reaction all round........ although kyle sandilands is a top knotch fucktard....commercial radio in oz is basically out of control.......utter bollocks...!! feel sorry for the nurse but surely the whole thing could have been handled differently by the hospital.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Personally i hope the nurse gets suitable punished for her stupidity. Stupid people just go around being stupid and making mistakes ruining it for those who hav never made a mistake or error of judgment.

The fact that she was being duped by a couple of lowest common denominator twat dj's and their twat listeners who think this sort of shit is funny or clever should have nothing to do with it.

String er up. Mistakes are not acceptable at 5am at the end of a busy shift any more than they are acceptable anytime. There are apprarently people on this thread who never make a mistake or get things wrong. Why should they be burdened with the f*** ups of people like her.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The nurse is a fool of course what she should have said is, "Kate? She's dead. But don't worry we have replaced her with a spong headed lizard creature from Blargon 5, now f*** off you Aussie prick, I've got important work to do".

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Isn't this a posh Hospital though?

If she's the Princess private nurse as suggested then she'd not have many people to deal with surely?

Fair enough if she was in a busy public hospital with a crap load of people to a ward. They'd not have a royal in anything like that though would they?

Given how well drilled the royal machine is this has to be a massive breakdown of procedural policy going on here for this to happen.

Maybe it's because it was 5am but for there not to be a receptionist and a nurse to answer the phone suggests they may have been a bit stretched. I certainly agree about the breakdown in following procedural policy. Even then, the nurse may not have been sufficiently drilled on the need to be vigilant/assertive even if it might be the queen at the other end of the line.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
ah exactly........massive over reaction all round........ although kyle sandilands is a top knotch fucktard....commercial radio in oz is basically out of control.......utter bollocks...!! feel sorry for the nurse but surely the whole thing could have been handled differently by the hospital.

What amazes me is that people listen to this kind of crap. Every person who accepts this shite as entertainment is in a small way to blame for the situation.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What amazes me is that people listen to this kind of crap. Every person who accepts this shite as entertainment is in a small way to blame for the situation.

The only prank I really enjoyed from a radio station is that famous one where they rumble that girl who had been cheating on her boyfriend, I'm not keen on public humiliation but she got what was coming to her. A nurse at the end of an all night shift is not fair game in my opinion.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

f***ing ridiculous view. When you say accepts, what do you mean exactly?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Amazing to think that Sacha Baron Cohen managed to get clearance for all of his hoaxes before broadcast...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here