Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hit by a bottle yesterday at Leicester

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
At the final whistle I received a big 'thump' at the top of my right arm , which I felt for a good few hours after. A 3/4 filled plastic bottle had hit me ( still had bottle top on). If it had been 6 inches higher it would have hit the side of my head with more serious consequences. It could equally have hit one of the children that were around. Pretty sure the bottle originated from Leicester fans (i was on the right side of ours) but to be fair if it was a Brighton fan I would hope he/she was caught.

Ok not the bricks or darts of the 70s but we (most of us) have moved on. I will be writing directly to LCFC and copying in BHAFC. I assume they have enough CCTV to pick this out.

Anything else I should be doing?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leicester have always been some of the most nasty homophobic I’ve seen yet rightfully used to point out clubs sang ‘town full of pakis’ at them. They, well some, couldn’t seem to see the hypocritical nature of this. Looks like their bellend element is still there. Funny, on the stream the Albion fans were superb and Leicester very quiet…!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Leicester is a strange club, fully plasticised. No atmosphere, no support, couldn't muster a roar when they scored but liked a little dance to the goal music. Then sprinkle on some vile cretinous behaviour and there you have it.

I'm sure they used to be a proper club before they used admin to steal their new ground and win the PL by default. Be good to see them return to the championship

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Leicester have always been some of the most nasty homophobic I’ve seen yet rightfully used to point out clubs sang ‘town full of pakis’ at them. They, well some, couldn’t seem to see the hypocritical nature of this. Looks like their bellend element is still there. Funny, on the stream the Albion fans were superb and Leicester very quiet…!
I mentioned that by text to my daughter who was in the home end. I was listening on the radio. She says she couldn’t really hear the Albion fans, so it depends where you are in the ground and where the mics are placed.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I found yesterday to be generally a good day out, Leicester fans I spoke to seemed ok, stewards friendly enough and I quite enjoyed The Barley Mow pre and post match.
For gods sake stop adding balance to this thread.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Leicester is a strange club, fully plasticised. No atmosphere, no support, couldn't muster a roar when they scored but liked a little dance to the goal music. Then sprinkle on some vile cretinous behaviour and there you have it.

I'm sure they used to be a proper club before they used admin to steal their new ground and win the PL by default. Be good to see them return to the championship
Oh come on, don't knock them for winning the Premier League, l thought it was a wonderful moment, albeit a near miracle.

Made the smaller clubs amongst us realise what might just be possible.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I found yesterday to be generally a good day out, Leicester fans I spoke to seemed ok, stewards friendly enough and I quite enjoyed The Barley Mow pre and post match.
Absolutely, l haven't been to watch footie in Leicester since Filbert Street days, but do have friends who live there, and l have always found the locals friendly enough.

Reading some of the posts on here one could be forgiven for thinking that Albion fans are wonderful, while supporters of all other clubs are absolute eejits.,

Good and bad on all sides l'm afraid.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Oh come on, don't knock them for winning the Premier League, l thought it was a wonderful moment, albeit a near miracle.

Made the smaller clubs amongst us realise what might just be possible.
It was great for the PL, showing what could happen. But let's not kid ourselves that they didn't have the opportunity by screwing others via the admin route. Like pompey and the fa cup, Palace being able to reach the PL etc

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Horrible, niggly players like Vardy, Maddison, Albrighton. Caicedo did well to keep his cool in a couple of incidents with Vardy yesterday.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Absolutely, l haven't been to watch footie in Leicester since Filbert Street days, but do have friends who live there, and l have always found the locals friendly enough.

Reading some of the posts on here one could be forgiven for thinking that Albion fans are wonderful, while supporters of all other clubs are absolute eejits.,

Good and bad on all sides l'm afraid.
Too many of them eejits on here. I don't count.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here