Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hit by a bottle yesterday at Leicester

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Met a few Leicester fans in the pub pre match and they were articulate, friendly and good company.

There are idiots everywhere, a contingent of our DDO brigade were chanting derivative unimaginative bollocks yesterday and some of our fans were brilliant.
I lived in Leicester for a few months the summer before their first season in the PL (the one when they nearly got relegated).
Liked the city and the people. In my office there was only one Leicester fan, who they'd decided should be "handicapped" in the fantasy football league by being obliged to have at least 3 Leicester players in his team every game. I sometimes wonder how that went down the following season.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
They feature quite high up on the list of unlikeable fan bases. Weird lot

Hope they identify which of their knuckle draggers threw the bottle, highly doubt it would have been an Albion fan
Could have been, given it must have missed the intended target (presumably)

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Leicester is a strange club, fully plasticised. No atmosphere, no support, couldn't muster a roar when they scored but liked a little dance to the goal music. Then sprinkle on some vile cretinous behaviour and there you have it.

I'm sure they used to be a proper club before they used admin to steal their new ground and win the PL by default. Be good to see them return to the championship
They are the Reading of the Midlands!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I mentioned that by text to my daughter who was in the home end. I was listening on the radio. She says she couldn’t really hear the Albion fans, so it depends where you are in the ground and where the mics are placed.
agree - though Leicester fans only came to life after they scored , banging that drum one side and cheering from the area behind the goal.Didn't last long though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought the fans near us were wankers, complete shambles getting in….

I didn’t enjoy the experience, and that feckin’ drum, plus goal music, plus “champions of England” cringe song, similar to the Reading points total song…..

Couldn’t have been more delighted when we equalised……

Vardy the older he gets, the more niggly he is, as his talent begins to wane.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thought the fans near us were wankers, complete shambles getting in….

I didn’t enjoy the experience, and that feckin’ drum, plus goal music, plus “champions of England” cringe song, similar to the Reading points total song…..

Couldn’t have been more delighted when we equalised……

Vardy the older he gets, the more niggly he is, as his talent begins to wane.
Couldn't believe the checks on the way in. I asked if they did this for every game, oh yes they said.

But why?

The answer must the associated with Leicester fans. Perhaps it is because they would make the most sensible rational person want to launch something harmful at them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Couldn't believe the checks on the way in. I asked if they did this for every game, oh yes they said.

But why?

The answer must the associated with Leicester fans. Perhaps it is because they would make the most sensible rational person want to launch something harmful at them.
Saw a couple of people being asked to take their coats off (our favourite Ecuadorian youtuber was in the queue next to me, he had to as well, I guess all his filming kit was deemed suspicious 🙄). The pat-down was way more thorough than I’ve seen elsewhere.

One **** chucking a bottle doesn’t define a fanbase though, seen plenty of ours do the same.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Leicester is full of low life...its swarming with them...many years ago (im hopeless with dates) i remember walking back to station with at least 100 plus Albion fans and a sh1tehallof a presume council estate being ambushed by local scum with stones thrown our way. From.
kids. I kid (no pun intended) you not. One about 10 or 12 was still chucking stones when a few went over to have a word. Pikey fled then moments later a shower of stones come flying down from a tower block. Absolute scum that lot. Sub-human.

Last edited:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Saw the bottle fly over, definitely from the home end, I’d hoped it didn't connect so sorry to hear this.
As far as away games go it hadn’t even been that bad in the top right corner, few minor verbals after goals but nothing ongoing/particularly bad. Only takes one twat I suppose

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Saw the bottle fly over, definitely from the home end, I’d hoped it didn't connect so sorry to hear this.
As far as away games go it hadn’t even been that bad in the top right corner, few minor verbals after goals but nothing ongoing/particularly bad. Only takes one twat I suppose
I have written to Leicester and await a response. Not the worst incident by a long way but could have been worse either for me or some poor unfortunate. It will be interesting to see what response I get.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I have written to Leicester and await a response. Not the worst incident by a long way but could have been worse either for me or some poor unfortunate. It will be interesting to see what response I get.

I’d assume; sadly, you’ll get an email saying they’ll look in to it and then they’ll do nothing about it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Leicester is full of low life...its swarming with them...many years ago (im hopeless with dates) i remember walking back to station with at least 100 plus Albion fans and a sh1tehallof a presume council estate being ambushed by local scum with stones thrown our way. From.
kids. I kid (no pun intended) you not. One about 10 or 12 was still chucking stones when a few went over to have a word. Pikey fled then moments later a shower of stones come flying down from a town block. Absolute scum that lot. Sub-human.
Never ceases to amaze me how a whole city is summed up by a bad experience a person has.

I lived in Leicester for a while. It's like any other city. Good and bad folk. Mostly good.

I was once the victim of an attempted mugging in Preston after a match. I've never though ill of the town. The fools who tried to mug me should have known there was no way I would part with my wallet... I just said 'no' and walked away. I think they were a little stunned.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
kids. I kid (no pun intended) you not. One about 10 or 12 was still chucking stones when a few went over to have a word. Pikey fled then moments later a shower of stones come flying down from a town block. Absolute scum that lot. Sub-human.
I once had stones thrown at me by Brighton fans. They were aimed at the Fulham fans walking back to their cars and just in front of us around Hove Park. We were collateral damage. Brighton is just so full of lowlife. Absolute sub human scum. What ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d assume; sadly, you’ll get an email saying they’ll look in to it and then they’ll do nothing about it.
I wrote to Leicester about the hole in the penalty area which Solly March stood and slipped on. The club said they’re looking into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here