Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hillsborough - more police escape justice

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is incontrovertible that there were lots of things happen and many people involved in the tragedy that happened at Hillsborough. However it is inconceivable that some fans shouldn't have had something to do with the terrible outcome. I don't remember reading anything from any fan who admitted to pushing.
Your just guessing, when carefully prepared reports from respected judges and commissions, said nothing of the kind.

What's your angle exactly? Seems to me just an internet snide, pedalling tropes, nasty innuendo not worthy of nsc.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hillsborough truthers. Good grief. Do we really have to have this on NSC - moderators ?
@Bozza @Guinness Boy etc ....please stop these two innuendo merchants posting in this thread. 97 people lost their lives.

NSC is better than this and especially these twats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't why you reply to these bellends, they won't listen. Some people are just not worth engaging with.
You’re right. I made the mistake of thinking they were sensible.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I just can't see how the cctv was able to 'count every single person who entered the stadium.'
Because you are either too young to actually remember it or have been sucked in by misreporting over the years.

There were CCTV cameras overlooking the turnstiles and very quickly after the event the H&E executive established that the number of people in the away end wasn't a factor.

They watched hours and hours of footage and systematically counted everyone going in. Of all the unknowns over the years, this was early concrete evidence. In fact on that day the away end was under capacity and tickets were available.

Undisputed facts known since the 80s. Not even worthy of debate unless you believe the moon is made of cheese. At least attempt to educate yourself. It's important, people like you and me died.

Ticketless fans is an urban myth. The away end being over capacity another. Captain Pugwash didn't have a "Master Bates" or a "Roger The Cabin Boy" either....

Unfortunately elements of the tabloid press later were quite happy to repeat any old nonsense from the Police or the Government in an attempt to cover up. That's the actual truth.

The press reports seeped into the conscience of the less informed general public who have "re-remembered" what happened at the time. It worked very well clearly as I can see from your posts and those of others.

This could have happened at any football ground in the country, it was an accident waiting to happen.

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Because you are either too young to actually remember it or have been sucked in by misreporting over the years.

There were CCTV cameras overlooking the turnstiles and very quickly after the event the H&E executive established that the number of people in the away end wasn't a factor.

They watched hours and hours of footage and systematically counted everyone going in. Of all the unknowns over the years, this was early concrete evidence. In fact on that day the away end was under capacity and tickets were available.

Undisputed facts known since the 80s. At least attempt to educate yourself. It's important, people like you and me died.

Ticketless fans is an urban myth. Captain Pugwash didn't have a "Master Bates" or a "Roger The Cabin Boy" either....

Unfortunately elements of the tabloid press later were quite happy to repeat any old nonsense from the Police or the Government in an attempt to cover up. That's the actual truth.

The press reports seeped into the conscience of the less informed general public who have "re-remembered" what happened at the time.

This could have happened at any football ground in the country, it was an accident waiting to happen.
As a 17 year old going home and away the disaster frightened me to the core as it could have happened as you say at many grounds , because of the way fans were treated at the time. It was not because of fans "pushing".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Undisputed facts known since the 80s. Not even worthy of debate unless you believe the moon is made of cheese. At least attempt to educate yourself. It's important, people like you and me died.

Ticketless fans is an urban myth. The away end being over capacity another. Captain Pugwash didn't have a "Master Bates" or a "Roger The Cabin Boy" either....

The press reports seeped into the conscience of the less informed general public who have "re-remembered" what happened at the time. It worked very well clearly as I can see from your posts and those of others.

The Scum had a circulation then I think of 4m. You can imagine its pervasive influence.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Agree they do when turnstiles are used, but the Police opened the gates that day to alleviate the crush outside the ground, meaning many wouldn't have been counted into the ground.

Uneducated bullshit. No excuse on your behalf to even start a debate. It's utterly corrosive innuendo that has caused extreme pain to the relatives of those who died.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What's my age got to do with it. I'm ignorant, you seem to think you are superior, so jog on.
Your age has very much to do with it because subsequently you have been subjected to a "re-remembering" of the facts from multiple sources that runs from the Sun to even the BBC. Multiple sources who have subsequently apologised.

Now tell us your recollection of the original event, the H & S Executive and Taylor reports (and subsequent) and the source of evidence that you believe contradicts them.

We are all fascinated.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Your age has very much to do with it because subsequently you have been subjected to a "re-remembering" of the facts from multiple sources that runs from the Sun to even the BBC. Multiple sources who have subsequently apologised.

Now tell us your recollection of the:facepalm: original event, the H & S Executive and Taylor reports (and subsequent) and the source of evidence that you believe contradicts them.

We are all fascinated.
The delay as Facebook is scoured for tropes :facepalm:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
There were specific aspect of Hillsborough that made it far more likely to happen there than anywhere else. The Leppings Lane End had a total capacity, covering all 5 pens (I think, from memory, it was five, but the exact number doesn't matter). The point being that the capacity should have been spread equally among the five pens, and when the gates were opened because of the crush outside, and fans naturally surged forwards to where they could see the pitch (the already-full middle pen), that's what caused the crush. Far too many people in the middle pen, way above its notional capacity.

If just one thing could have been changed to prevent the tragedy, it would have been to remove the fencing that split the Leppings Lane end into those pens. If there had been a vast crush in the middle, the people at the edges could have spread sideways. That's not to promise that no-one would have been killed, but it might have been no-one and it certainly wouldn't have been 97.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There were specific aspect of Hillsborough that made it far more likely to happen there than anywhere else. The Leppings Lane End had a total capacity, covering all 5 pens (I think, from memory, it was five, but the exact number doesn't matter). The point being that the capacity should have been spread equally among the five pens, and when the gates were opened because of the crush outside, and fans naturally surged forwards to where they could see the pitch (the already-full middle pen), that's what caused the crush. Far too many people in the middle pen, way above its notional capacity.

If just one thing could have been changed to prevent the tragedy, it would have been to remove the fencing that split the Leppings Lane end into those pens. If there had been a vast crush in the middle, the people at the edges could have spread sideways. That's not to promise that no-one would have been killed, but it might have been no-one and it certainly wouldn't have been 97.
Very true, unfit for a semi final by that time.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Age and experience has a lot to do with having informed opinions. I was going to division 1 games in the sixties, seventies and early eighties when I was a boy and young man; I have say that I very rarely wasn't scared.

Pushing and shoving was an accepted part of the match day experience and if you found yourself standing behind a barrier, you had to brace yourself for the surge which inevitably came when a goal was scored or anticipated. On the way out of the stadiums, you were often simply swept along in the crowd. This happened everywhere and anywhere and as Clapham-Gull says, it was an accident waiting to happen.

Changes had to be made.

I've read and watched a lot about the tragedy and there are some very disturbing things happen and it was totally avoidable. However, you can beat me with your white sticks if you think that the crowd on that day behaved any differently to any other football crowd of that era.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here